Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Old Ballon d' Or is back !
tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

A good post post I read lately by a French Eurosport blogger Maxime Dupuis, I will try to translate it.

Ballon d' or becomes Ballon d' or again And its a wonderful news

enter image description here

BALLON D'OR - Passed under the fold of FIFA since 2010, the Ballon d'Or will regain its old face as the partnership between the International Federation and France Football is completed. Great news for the prestigious individual award whose face had been distorted in recent years.

Six years later, it's over. Finally. The marriage of convenience between the Ballon d'Or and FIFA is completed. Gianni Infantino breaks with the legacy Blatter on that point , too. And, to be quite honest , this is not displease me or sadden me . Not that I did not like the gala held in Zurich on the second Monday of January each year since 2011. On the contrary . But it is the nature of the reward that had come to be distorted and look like a popularity contest between the two best players in the world , whatever the voters were not always the best two players in the year.

Before 2010, it was simpler: only journalists voted. What will it be this winter? France Football, who gets his property, has not yet fully revealed. But it is more than likely that only journalists have a voice when FIFA will, in turn, most likely recreate a trophy like the one she was putting before: the FIFA World Player of the Year.

If the panel of voters had not changed between 2010 and 2016, what would have been head palmares?

Golden Ball journalists... It changes a little. Wesley Sneijder, who had won everything in 2010 (except the final of the World Cup), and Franck Ribery, author of a monumental 2,013 years with Bayern and the Blues, were sacred. Journalists had the privileged at the expense of other candidates. Details of their votes demonstrates.

• Sneijder Ballon d'Or old school
  • Ribrey won Golden Ball journalists.

Why ? Because, historically and in the choice of journalists, the weight of the World Cup and the Euro have always loomed large. That's why Sneijder more than Messi had been preferred by the journalism school. They had Messi ranked fourth, behind the Dutch, Iniesta and Xavi. If we had considered that their vote, Sneijder was rewarded.

The College of Journalists generally (I said generally) makes a distinction between the concept of "world's best player" in absolute and the "Player of the Year." In 2013, without being the best player in the world, Ribery was one of the year. Certainly. Why ? Because his individual achievements had enabled the business away from Bayern in the Champions League in particular.The Ballon d'Or so the lap of FIFA, it is also the assurance of not reviewing votes cronyism players or certain breeders. The "you play at Real with me so I vote for you and not for Barcelona" and vice versa.

• Cronyism, forbearance and other curiosities

one is never disappointed by the vote for the Golden BallThis year, it will not penalize RonaldoRest assured, I am not telling you that journalists do not vote based on the color of their flag ... It's happened in the past (even between 2010 and 2016) and some elections have left speechless. The growing weight taken by the countries of Eastern or Central Europe when they have gradually gained their independence in the 90s facilitated the victories of Pavel Nedved in 2003 or Andrei Shevchenko in 2004. the center of gravity had clearly moved from west to east. Just look at the results of the time to be convinced.That said, this year, the transition should not be too severe. Cristiano Ronaldo, who won the Champions League and the Euro will be elected Footballer. And it's not just for its triplets and quadruplets. But also because he won the most beautiful titles at stake this year. Do not forget: football is a team sport.

Fast Google translation will try to do it better later if necessary, well good news. I never liked the new FIFA gala nor the votes of players and coaches who does what they tell them to do. Journalists are enough.
Congrats Ronaldo, not making this thread in a secret purpose, I would have voted Griezmann despite loosing 2 finals CL and Euros he was unlucky to be in the wrong teams because his season for me is the best, his last game is outstanding keeping consistency and amazing goals, important ones all the season. CL Final pk missed only point we could criticize him, Complete season.
But Ronaldo will win it, his teams won what they need to win to make him be the next BO, specially Portugal and he contributed to it at least to the final.
I hope they put Geiezmann deservedly second if not first.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

A good post post I read lately by a French Eurosport blogger Maxime Dupuis, I will try to translate it.

BALLON D'OR - Passed under the fold of FIFA since 2010, the Ballon d'Or will regain its old face as the partnership between the International Federation and France Football is completed. Great news for the prestigious individual award whose face had been distorted in recent years.

Six years later, it's over. Finally. The marriage of convenience between the Ballon d'Or and FIFA is completed. Gianni Infantino breaks with the legacy Blatter on that point , too. And, to be quite honest , this is not displease me or sadden me . Not that I did not like the gala held in Zurich on the second Monday of January each year since 2011. On the contrary . But it is the nature of the reward that had come to be distorted and look like a popularity contest between the two best players in the world , whatever the voters were not always the best two players in the year.

Before 2010, it was simpler: only journalists voted. What will it be this winter? France Football, who gets his property, has not yet fully revealed. But it is more than likely that only journalists have a voice when FIFA will, in turn, most likely recreate a trophy like the one she was putting before: the FIFA World Player of the Year.

If the panel of voters had not changed between 2010 and 2016, what would have been head palmares?

Golden Ball journalists... It changes a little. Wesley Sneijder, who had won everything in 2010 (except the final of the World Cup), and Franck Ribery, author of a monumental 2,013 years with Bayern and the Blues, were sacred. Journalists had the privileged at the expense of other candidates. Details of their votes demonstrates.Sneijder Ballon d'Or old scholl, Ribery won Golden Ball journalists. Why ? Because, historically and in the choice of journalists, the weight of the World Cup and the Euro have always loomed large. That's why Sneijder more than Messi had been preferred by the journalism school. They had Messi ranked fourth, behind the Dutch, Iniesta and Xavi. If we had considered that their vote, Sneijder was rewarded.Messi and 5 Golden BallMessi and 5 Balloons OrAFPAlso, the College of Journalists generally (I said generally) makes a distinction between the concept of "world's best player" in absolute and the "Player of the Year." In 2013, without being the best player in the world, Ribery was one of the year. Certainly. Why ? Because his individual achievements had enabled the business away from Bayern in the Champions League in particular.The Ballon d'Or so the lap of FIFA, it is also the assurance of not reviewing votes cronyism players or certain breeders. The "you play at Real with me so I vote for you and not for Barcelona" and vice versa.Cronyism, forbearance and other curiosities: one is never disappointed by the vote for the Golden BallThis year, it will not penalize RonaldoRest assured, I am not telling you that journalists do not vote based on the color of their flag ... It's happened in the past (even between 2010 and 2016) and some elections have left speechless. The growing weight taken by the countries of Eastern or Central Europe when they have gradually gained their independence in the 90s facilitated the victories of Pavel Nedved in 2003 or Andrei Shevchenko in 2004. the center of gravity had clearly moved from west to east. Just look at the results of the time to be convinced.That said, this year, the transition should not be too severe. Cristiano Ronaldo, who won the Champions League and the Euro will be elected Footballer. And it's not just for its triplets and quadruplets. But also because he won the most beautiful titles at stake this year. Do not forget: football is a team sport.Cristiano Ronaldo and his medal winner of the EuroCristiano Ronaldo and his winning medal EuroPanoramicFOR FURTHERSimeone is convinced Griezmann will be among the three finalists for the Ballon d'OrTo "Youtube player" at the podium Ballon d'Or, Neymar is now the successor.

Golden Ball journalists... It changes a little. Wesley Sneijder, who had won everything in 2010 (except the final of the World Cup), and Franck Ribery, author of a monumental 2,013 years with Bayern and the Blues, were sacred. Journalists had the privileged at the expense of other candidates. Details of their votes demonstrates.

Why ? Because, historically and in the choice of journalists, the weight of the World Cup and the Euro have always loomed large. That's why Sneijder more than Messi had been preferred by the journalism school. They had Messi ranked fourth, behind the Dutch, Iniesta and Xavi. If we had considered that their vote, Sneijder was rewarded.

The College of Journalists generally (I said generally) makes a distinction between the concept of "world's best player" in absolute and the "Player of the Year." In 2013, without being the best player in the world, Ribery was one of the year. Certainly. Why ? Because his individual achievements had enabled the business away from Bayern in the Champions League in particular.The Ballon d'Or so the lap of FIFA, it is also the assurance of not reviewing votes cronyism players or certain breeders. The "you play at Real with me so I vote for you and not for Barcelona" and vice versa.

one is never disappointed by the vote for the Golden BallThis year, it will not penalize RonaldoRest assured, I am not telling you that journalists do not vote based on the color of their flag ... It's happened in the past (even between 2010 and 2016) and some elections have left speechless. The growing weight taken by the countries of Eastern or Central Europe when they have gradually gained their independence in the 90s facilitated the victories of Pavel Nedved in 2003 or Andrei Shevchenko in 2004. the center of gravity had clearly moved from west to east. Just look at the results of the time to be convinced.That said, this year, the transition should not be too severe. Cristiano Ronaldo, who won the Champions League and the Euro will be elected Footballer. And it's not just for its triplets and quadruplets. But also because he won the most beautiful titles at stake this year. Do not forget: football is a team sport.

Fast Google translation will try to do it better later if necessary, well good news. I never liked the new FIFA gala nor the votes of players and coaches who does what they tell them to do. Journalists are enough.
Congrats Ronaldo, not making this thread in a secret purpose, I would have voted Griezmann despite loosing 2 finals CL and Euros he was unlucky to be in the wrong teams because his season for me is the best, his last game is outstanding keeping consistency and amazing goals, important ones. Final pk missed only point we could criticize him.
But Ronaldo will win it, their teams won what they need to win to make him be the next BO, I hope they put Geiezmann deservedly second if not first.

Congrats Ronaldo, not making this thread in a secret purpose, I would have voted Griezmann despite loosing 2 finals CL and Euros he was unlucky to be in the wrong teams because his season for me is the best, his last game is outstanding keeping consistency and amazing goals, important ones all the season. CL Final pk missed only point we could criticize him, Complete season.
But Ronaldo will win it, his teams won what they need to win to make him be the next BO, specially Portugal and he contributed to it at least to the final.
I hope they put Geiezmann deservedly second if not first.

Comments
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9009

That's nice morning news today!

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Hell yeah :)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

The College of Journalists generally (I said generally) makes a distinction between the concept of "world's best player" in absolute and the "Player of the Year."

This is a fantastic point, and one I completely agree with.

I don't agree with you that Griezmann should win btw, because he directly contributed to not winning those two finals (e.g. missing a penalty in the CL final and getting shut down in the Euro final). Some games are more important than others, and Griezmann didn't show up at the two that mattered most. I think I'd put Suarez ahead of him for 2016 so far, tbh.

In addition regardless of how you feel that football is a team game, trophies matter. Look at the journalists, they voted in Ribery and Sneijder, who had both won CL's in those respective seasons.

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

Sneijder for the Ballon d'Or ahead of Messi? Heck no. I agree that the Dutch lad could've been in the top 3, but definitely not an award winning performance. I'd rather pick Iniesta and Xavi over Sneijder.

Ribéry's victory is arguable, I think he was the part of a great team but don't think he performed as well as Messi and Ronaldo throughout a year.

Ronaldo and Messi (especially the latter) have been way ahead of the others in the last 7-8 years. Some people think it's boring to give every Ballon d'Or to these two, but what can one do, when they are simply the best players every year?

I personally think trophies shouldn't matter at all when it comes to the Ballon d'Or. That's why it's an individual award.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9009

Did Messi really deserved d'Or ahead of Sneijder in 2010 by your opinion? Did you even watch football back then when you rather pick Iniesta or Xavi over Sneijder? This just shows how biased Barcelona fan you're.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
542 11469

@quikzyyy Why don't you say it a bit more nicely? :)

@Phenohyte What quik is trying to say (in a bit of rude way) is that while today Messi is no even comparable to today Sneidjer doesn't mean that back in 2010, there were not comparable. And sadly even if Messi was better that year, if Sneidjer was the best player of one of the best team in europe (Inter I think he played with) that won a lot of trophy (i think they did the treble that year) and also played well with his national team (reach semi-final of the world cup if I'm not wrong), that is why he could have been voted by journalist over Messi.

• History

@Phenohyte What quik is trying to say (in a bit of rude way) is that while today Messi is no even comparable to today Sneidjer doesn't mean that back in 2010, there were not comparable. And sadly even if Messi was better that year, if Sneidjer was the best player of one of the best team in europe (Inter I think he played with) that won a lot of trophy (i think they did the treble that year), that is why he could have been voted by journalist over Messi.

@quikzyyy Why don't you say it a bit more nicely? Pretty please. :)

@Phenohyte What quik is trying to say (in a bit of rude way) is that while today Messi is no even comparable to today Sneidjer doesn't mean that back in 2010, there were not comparable. And sadly even if Messi was better that year, if Sneidjer was the best player of one of the best team in europe (Inter I think he played with) that won a lot of trophy (i think they did the treble that year), that is why he could have been voted by journalist over Messi.

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

@quikzyyy

Yes, I watched football in 2010 indeed. Sneijder was a very important part of his club and national team, but I feel that Iniesta's performance was slightly better that year.

Just as Emobot said, you could've expressed yourself a little bit kinder, instead of calling names and insulting. I can't remember insulting you here a single time, but if I'm correct, it's not the first time you are insulting me without a reason, just because our opinions differ about a subject.

@Emobot7

Yes, I understand what he means, but argument is pointless if the only thing he can do is calling names and accusing me of things he just made up. Sorry, but maybe this attitude from some users denies the forum from developing and makes the forum lose members. I won't get offended because of some comments like this, but no point in discussing if I get personally attacked after every single comment of mine.

By the way, the Dutch reached the World Cup final in 2010, Inter won the treble indeed. Still I would've picked Iniesta or Xavi over Sneijder, as I think that titles shouldn't count towards individual achievements.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Well Sun maybe I'm also including their potential and a bit bias, Griezmann put Atletico on his shoulders and was elected best player of the euros. I'm a liga fan I watched at least 20 games of each players and Griezmann is the messi of Atletico, without him they look as a normal team. When Griezmann flops Atletico never win, when Ronaldo flopped others were there to secure the result. Not going to enter in a tight argument. Ronaldo will still win it because it's based also on results but Man Griezmann season week in week out was something.

Emobot7 8 years ago
542 11469

@Phenohyte Don't worry too much about quikzyyy he clearly mistake you for sombody your not, lets just say that we sometime have a hard time accepting people with different opinion than the one we have in footyroom. Its not only you, some user get into fight together for much more stupid stuff sometime, don't let it get to you. Most of time, they don't even realise that they offend you. One trick that alway work for me is to talk without being too drastic (without being too affirmative in a way), people tend to answer a bit more politely if you do. Anyway, I hope you still manage to enjoy the forum and stay around for while. :D

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9009

I'm not trying to insult you, maybe it looks a bit harsh when I read it back, but I didn't mean it, sorry.

Emobot7 8 years ago
542 11469

@quikzyyy Aww, you see you can be nice when you want to. :D +1

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Everything needs to be taken into consideration not just individualism but contribution to the team . Sneijder was much better player that year in aspect of contribution to his teams and throphies . They gave that throphy to Messi out of pitty .

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Great news. The perfect justification would be if they change the two past Ballon d'Or winners. They should give a new 2010 one to Sneijder and a new 2013 one to Ribery. Then it'd be perfect. <3

mladen 8 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

the biggest injustice made 2010 was not giving Ballon d'Or to Sneijder.

Salahadin 8 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Ribery was great but for me ronaldo was much much better that year even tho won it all
I could be bias

saatvik102 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 8 89

I don't know about 2010, but anybody with a pair of eyes can see Ronaldo deserves it this year.

Emobot7 8 years ago
542 11469

@Saatvik Yeah, sadly... I wish it could be someone else other than either Ronaldo or Messi. But at least, that will make Ronaldo stand above the other player who got 3 ballon d'or and closer to Messi, wich he really deserve in a sense. So fair results in the end. :D

chelsea8 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Why the hell would you go back and forth? i liked the 'ballon d'or' name better.

I guess with fifa player of the year you can put a sponsor between it f@cking greedy fifa.

• History

Why the hell would you go back and forth and i like the 'ballon d'or' name better.

I guess with fifa player of the year you can put a sponsor between it f@cking greedy fifa.