Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Nuri Sahin
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

There's a lot of rumors and news claiming Sahin is coming to Arsenal on loan with a potential buy out clause extending to 15million pounds. But if he does, which I hope, is he a proper replacement for Alex Song? I'm thinking Rosicky and Eisfeld would help him blend in better.

Podolski could help him out as well as you can see below they both are pretty good friends. Arsenal fans get in here now and discuss! Other opinions are more than welcome.

Comments
naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

sorry koldimere .... u might have created this thread while I was doing mine ........ :)

BluntCanon 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 10 231

he would be an excellent signing for us! wenger wanting him for 7 years and finally gets him.. he has the capability similar to song in long through passes.. a brilliant person and will do good to our squad! now we need a defender.. imo, we need a creative midfielder and another defender.. COYG! 

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

with the quality he had in Dortmund Yes

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

koldimere,
BluntCanon, You guys are wrong, Sahin is not a natural replacement for A. Song. They are different players, nobody knows better than you which are Song's characteristics. Well, Sahin more than a DMF is an AMF but his natural positions is MF. He remembers me Cesc and Arteta but not so offencive as Cesc and much more talented than Arteta.

quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Nico 10 you're right but i think Arteta is bit underrated.
And with Sahin, twitter is full of it, even BBC/Skysports was talking about it.

Training pic from today at morning, Sahin still training in Real.

BluntCanon 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 10 231

rumours says that the deal hits a stumbling block as wenger put a buy out clause for him at the end of the season.. -_-" this thing is confusing.. hope things will be sort out soon before stoke's match against us.. COYG!

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Mark my Words: This deal is done! It was a really topsy turvy one but much of that was down to things:
1) Wenger expects a buy-out clause but Mourinho has been adament that he doesn't want to sell. I can understand that he wants to keep him but the fact is that he hasn't got a sniff and has also had serious injury problems.  No one knows how this part of the agreement will turn out yet. My gut feeling is that JM won't budge and that Arsenal won't take him unless they are at least assured first pick if Madrid do decide to sell.
2) Jose REALLY doesn't want him to come to the Emirates and their were rumours that he even told Sahin that if he did he would never be allowed back at Madrid. Of course, I cannot confirm if that was just a bluff or if that even happened.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Nico: Of course he isn't a replacement for Song. They are very different kind of players. The player that he is most similar to at Arsenal is Arteta (i.e. deep-lying playmaker aka "quarterback" but still able to put in a good tackle).  I for one really rate him and want him to come but only if we get a proper DM that will stay back and help distribute (ala Capoue).  I think that is indeed the plan as Wenger went on record saying he wants 1 midfielders (i.e. Sahin) & 1 defensive player. The real question is who might that "defensive player" be?

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

@Naman no sweat man...

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

@koldimere Podolski and Sahin really are friends? because i might be mistaken but i read that thei had a discussion that involved Sahin didn't want to play for Germany and something like that.

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

ooooh the pictire didn't load when i first saw this thread so now i get it.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

OK, well I admit I was wrong. It has been confirmed that he is joining Pool. 

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

For those of you who care, two major things pushed this to Liverpool's favour in the 11th hour. 1st - Despite weeks of discussion RM wouldn't budge on the buy-out clause and Arsene was not keen on sharpening up a player just to give him back. This was the main issue. 2nd - Liverpool ensured a loan would happen at the last minute by offering to pay 5 million pounds (as opposed to the 2 mill agreed with Arsenal) for the loan and all of his wages and living expenses.

I'd like to congratulate liverpool as they have signed a player that I highly rate. Still, if I was a fan I would question whether it is worth paying 5 million for a loan with no option to buy. Seems a bit steep and not typically a deal that a club of their stature would be willing to take on. I guess that BR fancy's him even more than I do. Hopefully it'll pay off for you guys because Adam just isn't cutting it (he is terrible... no offense).

Anyway, if any additional caveats or details emerge Ill let you know.

BluntCanon 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 10 231

i heard that liverpool willingly to pay sahin's 120k per week + 5mil loan fee.. that's why he is going there.. 

ikoiko 12 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

shame shame