FootballGuy 3 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 36 125

Carried his team in the Champions League final ✅

Carried off the pitch by his teammate ✅
This is Ngolo Kante's world and we’re all living in it 🙏

Comments
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Congrats Chelsea, best team won the final. Kante is for me still the biggest steal and one of the most underrated players in modern era. Absolute legend of the game, you never see him complaining, running to referee or crying, always gives 100% whenever he plays, the guy deserves everything he gets.

1. Debut in Ligue1 with Caen.
  2. Joins Leicester for €9m.
  3. Premier League winner with Leicester.
  4. Premier League winner with Chelsea.
  5. World Cup winner with France.
  6. Europa League winner with Chelsea.
  7. UCL winner with Chelsea.
Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Quite a career Kante is having! I hope we can deliver another title for him and few more cups!

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy @Marcus Agreed! What a career and what a player, I don't know how you can hate that kind of guys or be unhappy whenever he win something. :D

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Haha Marcus you mean he can deliver For you, he is the most valuable player in England right now.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

They'll have to defend the Champions League. Depending on the transfer window maybe. I'd say they could challenge most definitely. Next season is going to be something else. All in.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I don't want to sound rude towards Werner, but if he had buried 1/4 of his 100% chances in UCL, Chelsea would smash every opponent by 5 goals at minimum. So that's another huge plus for Tuchel & his team, they basically won it without striker, also really liked Christensen performance.

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy Yeah, it suck that Werner waste a lot of his change but he obviously add something else to the team, his run open up space for example and thats amazing in itself. From that point of view, I guess he could still be revelant even if Chelsea did go for a more traditional striker in the summer.

Also I agree, Christensen did well considering the situation.

@uncle_touchy If they manage to stay consistent, why not. They are one of the most organised team in Europe right now.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy Yeah, it suck that Werner waste a lot of his change but he obviously add something else to the team, his run open up space for example and thats amazing in itself. From that point of view, I guess he could still be revelant even if Chelsea did go for a more traditional striker in the summer.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

Let's do some punditry @emo the Champions League and EPL require the best of the squads. No doubt they'll have to rotate heavily. Now we have euros to worry about. Lots of Injuries. I said they'll definitely challenge.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@uncle_touchy Teams that aim to win everything need 4 things in specific to get a shot at it: Depth, Domination, Consistency and Hunger.

Chelsea got depth (will get even better if they sign new player in summer) and domination (especially defensively) covered, now there some question to be raised in term of consistency and hunger.

In term of consistency, they shown some weakness in the last few games of the league which could have costed them a CL spot (if they hadn't won CL that is), I still don't worry too much about it.

As for hunger, they just won the Champion League so it might be harder to find motivation... still, its a young team, some of their player has yet to taste domestic glory so once again, not too worried.

Overall, I would tend to agree with you, Chelsea should definitely put a challenge for those competition, unless something change drastically this summer.

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki Whatever motivates this chad, as longest he keeps covering midfield like he owns it. I would be very happy if he gets European Best Player award or nomination at least. I know Lewandwoski just finished another great season bagging ridiculous amounts of goals and Mbappe did well then there is Ronaldo but I think it would do great deal of justice for players like Kante, Makelele role type of players, to get some serious recognition for once.

@quikzyy

You are not rude when truth has been spoken. I don't know what goes through this boys mind, but if I was him I would stay extra working on finishing. He has amazing ability to get into positions, read the game, move with the ball and without a ball but that finishing destroys his impact on the game. We don't need false 9 running around being a good team player, we have Kante doing all of that work, we need striker that bangs 20+ goals a season!

Eden17Hazard17 3 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

My guy! It's also great to see such a humble, quiet guy achieve what he has achieved.

Hopefully, France can win the Euros to give Kante a chance at the Ballon D'or:)

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Hey mate, been too long since we last saw you, hope your doing okay. Yeah, Kante is a great guy, I know we've been hyping him a lot especially after his performance in the last few CL games but I seriously think he deserve most of it.

Eden17Hazard17 3 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Emobot, it's been about 3 or 4 years I think... crazy!

I've been really busy with studies, but I had to make a cheeky comeback after winning the CL :) It's also really nice to see the old guard still going strong on the forum :)

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Hehe, you'll have to wait a lot longer for me not to be around the forum anymore. ;) Congrats on CL by the way, it was deserved.

desyka 1 year ago
Everton, USA 0 5

nice

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

Oof, going back to this thread after so long is painful, Kante was such an universaly brillant player back then and Chelsea were so dominant as well for that period.

Injury ruined Kante and recently, there were even rumours of him joining Saudi Arabia like Ronaldo. Hopefully, thats not true and he can get through his fitness issue and returne at the top level, I mean, at 31, considering how much of a physical player he is, that might be complicated but I'd love to see it.

As for Chelsea, that CL final look oh so far now and there no way they should be in the position they currently are with all the signings they did. I know they spend like crazy already but they need something to revive their midfield. The only major midfielder they been link with is Enzo Fernandez and it might be a bit of a crazy transfer fee but honestly, at this point, I think they would really need a player like him if they want to save their season.