Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Neymar to face 4 matches ban. Out the rest of Copa.. Wtf
tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

The heavy ban has been handed to Neymar this morning and looks like he will be out the rest of Copa America...

Brazil has until Saturday to change the situation against the South American football governing...

Obviously, the he deserves some punishment, but 4 games??? This is so laughable... Since when kicking a ball toward a player results in banning out of the tournment???

Not to mention, Bacca was all over him and rather dirty.

Btw, Vidal escaped with 0 ban after drunk driving...

I hope one extra game ban in the knockout stage is heavy enough

Comments
Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

4 matches ban is just too much.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Almost sounds like a conspiracy against Brazil. I heard people claiming the reason for the long ban was that the decision was taken considering he got a second yellow which prevented him from playing 1 match and then getting a red card so both ban (yellow card accumulation and straight red card) would stack up on him.

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Bacca shoved him too. They both deserve bans, however I expect Neymar's ban to be one more match than Bacca's due to his cumulative yellow card. 2 match ban for Neymar and 1 match ban for Bacca seems fair to me.

EDIT:: This is important. Please read it. As per South American journalist Paulo Freitas, it seems as if Neymar has received the additional 3 matches instead of his original 1 match ban for the yellow because of reported insults towards the referee after the game. This would make more sense as to why he has been given the 4 match Copa America ban. Additionally, if Brazil didn't reach the final, Neymar's ban wouldn't carry on to World Cup qualifiers, but instead carry on to next year's Copa America.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Bacca shoved him too. They both deserve bans, however I expect Neymar's ban to be one more match than Bacca's due to his cumulative yellow card. 2 match ban for Neymar and 1 match ban for Bacca seems fair to me.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

However I would like to point out that this is entirely his own fault. Brazil places their hopes on him as their only superstar, and he disappoints the entire nation with an unnecessary provocation and headbutt after the game has already ended. If this was Barcelona, at least they would have Messi and Suarez to pick up the matches afterwards. But he is the star at Brazil, and the Brazilians placed a lot of faith in him performing and bringing home the Copa America. Disgraceful from Neymar.

rampage 9 years ago Edited
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 5 78

This is a complete joke . I still feel sorry that we beat Brazil so badly last year and I was hopping they would recover by winning Copa AMerica but without Neymar , there is no way that will happen ...
Fernando Amorebieta stamp was much worse but we have yet to hear 4 match ban ... not that i think he deserves 4 ....

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This is a complete joke . I still feel sorry that we beat Brazil so badly last year and was hopping they would recover by winning Copa AMerica but without Neymar , there is no way that will happen ...
Fernando Amorebieta stamp was much worse but we have yet to hear 4 match ban ... not that i think even he deserves 4 ....

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

After I heard what happened after game (Neymar said to referee "Apologise, son of a b****"), I think he deserves 4 matches with ridiculous situations in 90 minutes.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Dynastian98 It's a normal decision then. Just like you said *Brazil places their hopes on him as their only superstar, and he disappoints the entire nation with an unnecessary provocation and headbutt after* the game has already ended.
The question is; how can he react so reckless?

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

rampage Amorebieta's stamp wasn't even worthy of a red. He did step on the player but i really doubt he had the intention to jump and step on Guerrero.

Neymar deserves the ban. Bacca should have had 3 games instead of 2. And Vidal should have had some sort of suspension from the Chile FA.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@raimondo It would be stupid from Chile's FA (or how are they called) to ban one of their best players, right in the middle of the cup. He will be fined, but won't banned.

rampage 9 years ago

"The Chilean referee's attitude angered Neymar and he attempted to lash out at the referee, only to be kept out of Osses' reach by Copa America officials. He allegedly called out: "You are trying to become famous at my expense, son of a b****!" "

Seems to me more of a personal issue for referee who can't handle insults. I thought everyone insults each other through out the match and no exceptions are made for referee . Still think 4 game is too much and too harsh .

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

To be honest, I think that 4 matches is fair.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Neymar is acting too arrogantly lately, i watched that game, Neymar was booked wrongly for diving while it was a clear foul, but at the end of the game the straight red was completely justified...
After this, when you insult someone who has the power to hurt you, you can only blame yourself...

3 games would have been an appropriate punishement, to let Brazil the chance to see him back if they reach the final.

4 games is harsh but not scandalous, he is an idol of his nation and an example for many youth, he should stop acting like an arrogant diva, at Barça he would have never done this...

But i guess its not his only fault, his country and media put some incredible pressure on his shoulders, Brazil should have more than only one player to rely on, specially when the player is 22.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Now, the worst offense of all... He left Chile stating that the cup was over for him, now he will enjoy his vacations elsewhere.

r9mello 9 years ago
Barcelona, Brazil 0 10

He acted immaturely, but the beating he takes for being a skilled player is not a joke. The refs let players whack him all game and expect him to not retaliate somehow..

rampage 9 years ago

Lets not make an angel out of Neymar . He is a diver and arrogant kid , but 4 match ban is cruel . Not deserved.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It's really sad, obviously what he did was stupid... off the pitch... But if you watched that game you could see he was fouled so much to the point that even I felt painful. I could see his motive...

What's done is done, he left... Brazil has a big loss. But I do hope, whatever come next, other punishment would be as harsh and as consistent... to be fair.