Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

New smartphone
_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

My phone is dying and I need a new one soon... I thought I might get some help here on which one to get.

Which company do you prefer for smartphones?

Comments
tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

iOS vs Android.

I am a fan of android, but I do acknowledge iOS (iPhone stability), so my phone has always been android phone. although I use iPad and MacPro

I have been a long time fan of Sony, still have a Z5. Have tried G1, Samsung (hate those), One Plus...

Huawei FTW.

By accident I bought Huawei P8 a long while back (at that time Sony Z3+ had heat problem due to stupid snapdragon 810 chip), And i couldn't be happier, still comparable to flagship phones but half the price. Now i have a Huawei P10, for more than a year and still happy.

OnePlus 6 is also very very good, a few friends of mine using OnePlus and they are all happy.

I use it heavily for work, and personal stuffs, have a lot of things connected to it.

Apple phones are overpriced, but simple and stable. Androids nowaday also very stable and you can do a lot of customization.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

iOS vs Android.

I am a fan of android, but I do acknowledge iOS (iPhone stability), so my phone has always been android phone. although I use iPad and MacPro

I have been a long time fan of Sony, still have a Z5. Have tried G1, Samsung (hate those), One Plus...

Huawei FTW.

By accident I bought Huawei P8 a long while back (at that time Sony Z3+ had heat problem due to stupid snapdragon 810 chip), And i couldn't be happier, still comparable to flagship phones but half the price. Now i have a Huawei P10, for more than a year and still happy.

OnePlus 6 is also very very good, a few friends of mine using OnePlus and they are all happy.

I use it heavily for work, and personal stuffs, have a lot of things connected to it.

Apple phones are overpriced, but simple and stable. Androids nowaday also very stable and you can do a lot of customization.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

My phone right now is a Sony... and I had tons of issues with it the first 3 months. Camera stopped working, software issues, weak screen... I hated it. Now I've had it for 3-4 years lol.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Galaxy Note9 is said to be good though ;)

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I use an ASUS Zenfone 5, and it certainly is a bang for your buck if you're looking a fairly low priced phone with a surprisingly decent camera.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

iphone

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I like @tuan have always used android even though I use an iPad and Macbook. I've been rocking a Samsung for a while now and I've always been happy with it.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

iOS and Android. There are really only two options ... unless ..you have a Windows Phone.

Probably best to go into a phone store and check it out Pelle

Gennady 5 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

iPhone all the way, I'm sorry I just don't like android operating system at all.

Been using iphones now for about 8 years or more

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

for 8 years Android has upped their games massively, it's very very different now. :D you should give it a try

liomessi10 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

If you're all about looks, then srsly get the samsung galaxy j7. I love it because it's so shiny!!

• History

If you're all about lolms, then srsly get the samsung galaxy j7. I love it because it's so shiny!!

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Huawei seems more popular than expected

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

lionelmessi likes shiny things ;)

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

Not sure if the statistic is still correct, but Huawei is the 2nd biggest manufacturer in the world

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

@tuan_jinn:... and if you exclude chinese market?

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

For smartphones, iPhones are the one to go with.

If you're going for a cheap option, iPhone 6 is quality for money. It's not cheap, but I think in France it's around 250 euros, could be wrong.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I have a Xiaomi Redmi note 4. It's pretty good and a lot cheaper than other brands for similar specs

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I have an iPhone 7 but it will be my last one, I’m going for the last huawei in Christmas. Best quality/price combo on the market imo.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited

@tiki-taka:I’ve heard that too. But also that you should be careful with its screen. I prefer those with a normal screen. But it seems I might go back to iPhone myself after several years with android. The voting here suggests it too :)

• History

tiki-taka:I’ve heard that too. But also that you should be careful with its screen. I prefer those with a normal screen. But it seems I might go back to iPhone myself after several years with android. The voting here suggests it too :)

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

1600 euros, no way.

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Bit of an old topic now, but I wanted to chip in.

I've been an apple lover since the very first iphone.
Through the years Ive seen how apple is always one step behind brands like Samsung but even with that clear disparity the iphone sells an absurd amount of units each year.
People like me who buy iphones left andd right do it because of the IOS system that we cant just live without. Plain and simple. The best layout, accessibility and friendliness to any operating system out there. Its reliability and overall quality is beyond compare.
These I believe compensates for the lack of innovation and general specs that iphones have compared to other devices.

My favorite phone other than the iphone is the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Hands down the best phone in the market. If apple died tomorrow I wouldn't hesitate to buy this amazing piece of engineering. Simple wonderful in anything you would expect from a phone and much more.

And finally, like most have pointed out already, the Huawei is the best in terms of quality and price. Think of it as the Puma of football cleats. Maybe not the best overall, or the fanciest but can surely compete head to head with any other similar model with the factor that it is roughly 20% cheaper.

To summarize..

If you love apple like we all do, buy the Iphone X or Iphone XR (way cheaper and basically the same)

If you are just looking for the best smartphone out there, get yourself a Galaxy Note 9. Endless possibilities as to what it can do.

If your budget is kid of limited, get a Huawei, maybe a Mate 10 or whichever is their latest model.

Be sure to let us know once you've made your decision.