Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

New offside rule
Footy_watch 10 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

Netherlands, Italy, Sweden will implement the new offside rule.

Yhe whole body of an attacker must be ahead of the defender to be deemed offside. If a cm of an attackers foot is in line with the defender but the rest of his body is ahead, it will be onside.

This is so stupid as attackers already have the advantage of being faster than defenders. I hope it fails miserably because it will ruin football.

Comments
quikzyyy 10 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

lol, what the fuck FIFA hahaha.

For me personally, offside should be measured by where you stand, you have literally no advantage in the game if you have shoulder ahead of defender

DarthFooty 10 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1100

While I love the attempt to create more opportunities for offense and do not like the current version of the rule, I think the most fundamental part of the body that should be the focus is the hips. If part of the hip is beyond the defender, then that would be offsides.

You don't go anywhere without the hip, whereas most other parts can stretch out further, lean, and faint. Use VAR to capture where the hips are.

The newest version they are thinking about will be very hard to enforce as like mentioned, the slightest foot or hand can keep a player onside and that will be interpreted by everyone differently.

_Pelle_ 10 months ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

I don’t really have an opinion atm. But I think it’s equally frustrating having VAR to look at whether 1 micrometer of a specific part of a player was offside or not.

I also think at least it’s worth a try. If it ends up being a fail, then we have a clear evidence for it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I don’t really know what to think about this. I think it’s equally frustrating having VAR to look at whether 1 micrometer of a specific part of a player was offside or not.

I think at least it’s worth a try. If it ends up being a fail, then we have a clear evidence for it.

I don’t really have an opinion atm. But I think it’s equally frustrating having VAR to look at whether 1 micrometer of a specific part of a player was offside or not.

And I also think at least it’s worth a try. If it ends up being a fail, then we have a clear evidence for it.

Greatone 10 months ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

what is stupid though, is for this not to be implemented in all European leagues, if it is approved it should be approved all at the same time. that way champions league won't be a huge disadvantage for Italian teams who are used to one way of using the offside rule, even for the future if this gets implemented across all leagues, the leagues that implement it now will be more comfortable later on and will then get an advantage.

in reality its probably going to be pretty stupid, they will encounter the exact same problem they had before of measuring cm, just from a different part of the body. if they want to fix offsides and the VAR aspect of it, the professional leagues need to actually properly integrate technology; have it measured by the boots and have trackers/sensors in the boots OR have it measured from the chest trackers that 90% of footballers are already wearing to track their stats and add in an additional part to it where it can track exact locations and that would be the only point that determines offside (which is a defensive upgrade - so to fix that issue, they can have it so the location tracker is on the back which increases goal chances like they want)

DarthFooty 10 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1100

Stat vests are already tracking location, so that would be a very easy way to allow tech to determine offsides. As Greatone mentioned, the sensor on the back of the player will be the measuring point, so feet, arms, and even the front chest of a player can be onside as long as the back sensor is even or further back than the defender's sensor.

I also agree to just do this in all leagues. Why wait? It's not like they haven't tried some new rule one year, only to change it again the next.

quikzyyy 10 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

don't worry Premier league will change offside, penalty or handball rule 3 times by half the season again

Gennady 10 months ago
Manchester United 284 3961

enter image description here

iHEARTfootball 10 months ago
Manchester United 38 1000

If your pinky-toe is still within the margins of the other player, you're still onside. That's f*cked and it would only mean that side-line refs and VAR will have to do 100000x a better job than before. PL will be in disaster, LOL.

Footy_watch 10 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

That offside line is wrong because you cant score with your hand. The red line should be in line with the knee in that picture.

Greatone 10 months ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

yeah and regardless of how they change it in the PL, they won't measure it consistently. Wenger just needs to call me up, I'd give him the recognition if it means fixing this shit