Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

New Man Utd manager?
_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

If Solkskjaer leaves/get sacked… who do you think will replace him as manager at Manchester United?

Comments
ashwin1729 2 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Ten Haag. Lets see if we are in top 4 end of this season by Ragnick.

I think this summer will be massive as Ronaldo and Pogba will leave. Greenwood absence has cost us deeply. Martial may also leave in addition to Cavani. Sancho and Rashford will be the only players in the striking role with Fernandes in false 9. Looks like unless we have some major buys next season, 4-3-3 false 9 is looking like our formation. Because Ten Haag is managing- DVB could be in False 9 with Fernandes in midfield to partner with Fred and McTominay. AWB needs to play CB with Mcguire. Shaw and maybe Dalot as WBs. DeGea. That's night and day different compared to this team.

I just hope we don't spend 500 mill dollars to buy another team only to make it top 4 again.

Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Ashwin Yeah, at this point, spending lots isn't the right thing to do. If they really want to recruit some new players then United should target a quality defensive midfielder.

Anyway, I dunno if Ten Haag would be the answer to United problem. Honestly I think there bigger structural problem that need to be adressed. If Ten Haag is brought over, he need to be given the freedom to put in place his project. Or else there won't be any progress.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Ashwin Yeah, at this point, spending lots isn't the right thing to do, spending smart would already be way better. What United if they really want to recruit some new players would defensive mids. At least one.

Anyway, I dunno if Ten Haag would be the answer to United problem. Honestly I think there bigger structural problem that need to be adressed. If Ten Haag is brought over, he need to be given the freedom to put in place his project.

@Ashwin Yeah, at this point, spending lots isn't the right thing to do, spending smart would already be way better. What United if they really want to recruit some new players would defensive mids. At least one.

Anyway, I dunno if Ten Haag would be the answer to United problem. Honestly I think there bigger structural problem that need to be adressed. If Ten Haag is brought over, he need to be given the freedom to put in place his project. Or else there won't be any progress.

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Ten Hag it is......

This appointment will be a huge success if, and only if, they give the manager time, funds, and control of the team. Man Udt are my fav EPL team so I don't say this lightly, but it needs a heavy overhaul. A number of players have to go, and allow Ten Hag the time and support to rebuild.

If the coach gets to play the way he wants, in style, tactical, and intensity, this team will need an injection of youth who have skill and pace. I don't see Maguire controlling the ball out of the back and making the right choices. The backline is too slow!

Ten Hag's favorite formation is the 4-2-3-1. This means Udt need a very strong presence in the holding mid area, box to box, which they don't right now. Pogba is an attacking Mid, one who needs some freedom. Then which true striker will play? Ronaldo won't have the legs to fit Ten Hag's press from the front gameplan. Rashford? Cavani?

I just want this team to get back to some old strengths and cause problems for the superpowers out there right now. No one is afraid to play Man Udt anymore. Home games are possible wins for the opponent!

Thoughts?

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Good decision by United board, just wondering how much time they will give him

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Heres the thing… lets say the results wont be amazing next season… will they fire him, or will they still commit to him longterm?

iHEARTfootball 2 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Ten Hag won't be fired. Trust me. They've been exposed so much now, by Ralf, that it's going to actually damage reputation and stocks on the long run, if they carry on this toxic practice of firing and hiring. The new executive chief, I trust, isn't as stupid as his predecessor. Every proper United fan wants longevity and success. That will take time. Anything will be better than this season, anyway.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART I think at the very least, he will be given full season to adapt and show his style, obviously, if the results are really under the standard, lets say second half of the table, they might proceed to sack him but I seriously doubt he would get to such a situation. Even at their worst, United alway remained in first half of United, I don't see Ten Hag go lower than that even with some problem in his team.