Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Neuer is so annoying sometime
Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

So, I saw Bayern highlight against Augsburg today and man, I once again couldn't believe what I saw. Neuer after conceding to Koo, took the ball first and block it between his arm, refusing to give it back to the team who were losing 3-1. I mean, thats not the first time I see him do it and I gotta say it is seriously getting on my nerve. It make him look like a terribly sore loser and a bit of a baby to be fair. Why does he keep doing it? Well, the truth is, I know why, I made a research and found this on reddit:

1. It delays the game by a few seconds. Which also allows his team to get a few seconds to breath and regain strength.
  2. It makes the other team really pissed off. Sometime someone will snap and perhaps punch Neuer which will result in a redcard.
  3. It stops the momentum of the other team.

But still, its awfully annoying to see the supposed best goalkeeper of the world being down on the floor holding that ball like its was a toy and he didn't wanted to share it with other player. I mean, am I really the only who is annoyed by it? Sure, he clearly entitled to do it as long as the referee doesn't ask him back the ball but does he really have to hold it down on the ground like that. Anyway, thats one of my only problem with Neuer, other than that, I really respect him as a keeper and I still think hehas world class skill. So, anyone have a opinion on the matter, I would love to hear it, I know its not really something that deserve a threat but I wanted to know how other people felt about it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, I saw Bayern highlight against Augsburg today and man, I once again couldn't believe what I saw. Neuer after conceding to Koo, took the ball first and block it between his arm, refusing to give it back to the team who were losing 3-1. I mean, thats not the first time I see him do it and I gotta say it is seriously getting on my nerve. It make him look like a terribly sore loser and a bit of a baby to be fair. Why does he keep doing it? Well, the truth is, I know why, I made a research and found this on reddit:

1. It delays the game by a few seconds. Which also allows his team to get a few seconds to breath and regain strength.
  2. It makes the other team really pissed off. Sometime someone will snap and perhaps punch Neuer which will result in a redcard.
    3.It stops the momentum of the other team.

But still, its awfully annoying to see the supposed best goalkeeper of the world being down on the floor holding that ball like its was a toy and he didn't wanted to share it with other player. I mean, am I really the only who is annoyed by it? Sure, he clearly entitled to do it as long as the referee doesn't ask him back the ball but does he really have to hold it down on the ground like that. Anyway, thats one of my only problem with Neuer, other than that, I really respect him as a keeper and I still think hehas world class skill. So, anyone have a opinion on the matter, I would love to hear it, I know its not really something that deserve a threat but I wanted to know how other people felt about it.

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

What's more important to you, sportsmanship or winning? It's a fine line, and you don't want to be like some team that time waste from the 10th minute on attempting to get a draw. But a certain amount of it I don't have an issue with.

In this scenario I don't really care, the other side was down two goals, so it was unlikely anyway.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Sunflash Thats the point, his team were alway very likely to win it at that point. Why even bother? I mean, I would have understood the reaction at 3-2 but 3-1 was still pretty safe. But I understand your point and I agree it is not over the top either. He just look like a sore loser a bit, thats all. Also, as it have been said before on the same reddit I've went to before, even if he does slow time by keeping the ball, the referee will simply add at the end of the game. Little impact on the game to be fair. :P

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

As you say they were still down 2 goals, makes it even more stupid. But I find this highly unfair and disrespecting the opponent and rules. I would book incidents like these instantly, even if it was 9:1. I don't care if it's sunday league or best keeper in the world, time wasting it's time wasting.

expertfootball11 8 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Not that big deal, considering it happens in almost every game.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy To be fair, since its the team that get scored against who need to restart the game, the opponent shouldn't have any right to take the ball back to the midfield but still, I agree that wasting time is a pain and feel cheap. :P

@expertfootball11 Really? Most of them time, I see the keeper kicking the ball away or simply ignoring it. In Neuer case, he alway seem to run after the ball to make sure he can freeze it a bit after the goal.

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

Didn't see the incident, definitely a yellow card there. It's a lack of sportsmanship really to do it with regularity.

In fact, as a referee, I'd probably give a straight red card sometimes for things like this. Certainly would be surprising, but the players who commit these offenses, then may realise they shouldn't of been it.

I would generally give more yellow and red cards, because sportsmanship and fair play seems not to matter in these days. Too much wasting the time, too much of the so-called "tactical faults" which are just blunt, dirty offenses in fact. Too much complaining to the ref and too much diving as well. I would punish all of these faults much heavier.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

I agree i hate when he holds on the ball. every time he concedes he runs after the ball like a child. Watch Dybala goal against Neuer, when Dybala goes to run to get the ball LOL, loved the frustration it caused neuer

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102
tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I never like Neuer, I just dislike him somehow. But I do acknowledge his talent and skill, one of the best goalie out there.

Same with Muller, amazing, smart player, a bit underrated IMO. But I dont like him, feel like he's a moaner.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

It's not too big an issue here, because time wasting happens in almost every game. But it's true that I've also repeatedly noticed Neuer doing this kind of stuff repeatedly. Still don't think he deserves to be booked because like it or not, time wasting is part of a goalkeeper's job. Everyone does it when they are in a good position in the last minutes of the game and only in some of the cases they get booked.

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Neuer has always been like this, he is a cheap player. Brilliant goalkeeper but has no sportsmanship whatsoever.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Neuer is a sore loser with fantastic goalkeeping skills.

Messi trashed him so bad 2 years ago that I was laughing for 10 minutes straight.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

Wow, I'm suprised to see most people actually agree with me. I was getting the feeling than half of the forum would have defended Neuer while the other would have said they didn't care. :D

@Tuan_jinn I feel the same about Neuer, don't know why but I first I just felt neutral toward him and then for some reason, I started finding him less and less interesting as a player. I just can't say I like as much as some other goalkeeper for some reason. :P

@ramaboy10 Well, if German stereotype can tell us anything, its that German are very pragmatic, guess that could explain it. That or he is just a sore loser. :P

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@emobot

Yeah, I've noticed a LOT of them have that trait in them with the exception of Lahm and a couple of others. I remember being delighted when Madrid (yes, Real Madrid) beat Bayern 4-0 just because Neuer got smashed.

I love the way he sticks his hand up for offside after every goal in a game :D

As an England fan this is when my hate for Neuer blossomed. I would have done the same as him but when I watched it live I was so f*cking angry.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@ramaboy10 Thats why we have goal-line technology nowaday, that kind of video make my stomach hurt. Can't believe they have been such huge mistake in football at international level.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He's annoying as hell, but what can you do about it if the referee doesn't take action? Seconds can be crucial in a football game, and Neuer is taking advantage of that to give his team a slight edge. It just comes down to your morals. Are you willing to be a pr*ck for 5 seconds and potentially change the game? Or are you going to be a fair person and let the other team get the ball back quickly so they can score on you again?

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

True that!

We understand the motive, but that same motive makes some of us dislike him.

I dislike him not only for that, I just dont like his gestures :D:D:D. although I like his style of going far up.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Tuan_jinn Likewise, alway love him when he start to think he is a CB or a CDM and get out of his zone but other than that, I don't really enjoy how he act when he is scored against. He never seem to accept getting beat. He either take the ball to slow the game or cry for offside to the referee (this one is more rare but I remember seeing him being so very annoyed in the game against Arsenal in last season CL).

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Tuan_jinn Likewise, alway love him when he start to think he is a CB or a CDM and get out of his zone but other than that, I don't really enjoy how he act when he is scored against. He never seem to accept getting beat. He either take the ball to slow the game or cry for offside to the referee (this one is more rare but I remember seeing him being so pissed after the against Arsenal last CL).