Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mysterious Chelsea signing!
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Ok, so Chelsea have a mystery signing who will be unveiled in early July (as first reported by emo in all transfer rumours)

Who do you guys think will be Chelseas surprise signing on July 1?

I'm tempted to say it's Lukaku. He seems certain to leave and Everton have already gone and spent big, perhaps with the money from the transfer. Also, Lukaku has always wanted to play for Chelsea and Conte could have sent the message to Costa as he knew the Lukaku deal was done. The reason they were keeping it a secret for now is because they wanted it to seem like Costa was still needed by the club, so they could negotiate a high selling price for him. Also, because it's such a big signing they want to unveil it properly.
The only reason it might not be him is the apparent row between Conte and the board over spending power and lack of signings. However, the row could actually more be because of the infamous text.

Other contenders?
It could be Bakayoko, Cabellero or someone we never expected!

Comments
chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lukaku! We have probably overpayed!

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

You guys need a backup keeper...could be that.

I feel like Everton would be crying a bit more, but they have spent over 53M so far this window, and it's safe to say they're doing that with Lukaku money, so could be that one too.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Pretty sure it's Caballero. We've got two Willys, I just don't think you understand.

Anyways, I've read somewhere that Chelsea are waiting to announce transfers until our contract with Adidas expires on June 30 because they don't want to upset Nike by publishing photos of new players posing with old Adidas shirts. I now choose to believe this while I'm desperately waiting in a dark room for some summer transfer activity.

dr_chelsea 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 1 58

I reckon it's Cabellero because he would be the easiest to sign. I doubt Lukaku as Chelsea are still looking for strikers according to rumours.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

Why wait if its Cabellero though? I mean, its not like it should be a complicated transfer, wasn't he released already?

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Alex Sandro

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@nigelpayne Doubt it, there were still report Juventus didn't accept Chelsea bid recently only.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@emo conte can spend 250 mill this summer, he won't give up :D

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Chelsea8 I know, I think you guy will manage to get him but I don't think he will be your first signing. Cause if he was, Juventus wouldn't send report like they refused Chelsea's offer.

dr_chelsea 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 1 58

Apparently Cabellero is a done deal now.....

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Caballero is our worst so called exciting purchase, hope its lukaku or bakayoko or someone else.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Has anyone actually heard rumours about us targetting a RWB (except for Atalantas Conti)? Seems a bit concerning to me.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@juanmata i think conte is targeting a centre back to push azpi to the rwb role.

dr_chelsea 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 1 58

Azpi at RWB? Didn't play that well there last season

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

meh, I don't really like Azpi as a wing back, especially on the attacking side of things. There's something that Conte said about him that has really stuck with me throughout the season. His exact words were:

Azpi is incredible in his new role - one of the best in the world in this role. Also Moses - to run with this quality. Fantastic.

Surely he wouldn't have emphasized this twice if he primarily considered him to be a RWB.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@JuanMata10 Not sure mate, maybe they will give a academy player or Conte think Moses don't even need a backup... Propably just that finding a better LB is the prioty for Chelsea as Marcos is sometime too slow. Propably gonna target someone but it might not be an huge upgrade sadly. :(

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

we do need a good replacement RWB and maybe another LWB too...

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Emo @Once: Yeah, I think we're really in need of a RWB. But there's genuinely no near-worldclass RWB who I can think of firstly and who would be willing to come to Chelsea instead of, say Barcelona, Real, Bayern, secondly.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emo @Once: Yeah, I think we're really in need of a RWB. But there's genuinely no one near-worldclass RWB who I can think of firstly and who would be willing to come to Chelsea instead of, say Barcelona, Real, Bayern, secondly.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@OnceABlue Sandro should be the man for LWB back though, that guys is fast and one of the best in the world at his position, both in defense and in offense. Chelsea seem to have make him their priority.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@JuanMata Yep, gonna have to take somebody who is simply decent there. Maybe that Nelson Semedo guy?