Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

My MUFC line up for next season - Thoughts?
nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

With a total spend in the summer of only £180m I think United can be transformed into a formidable attacking team; just like the old days ;-)Potential MUFC line up next season

Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I hope you guys aren't trying to buy the titles .. because that will be in conflict to values and history of the club

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Kinda sad seeing a team spent so much for top 4. It's just so sad.

Anyways, why Miki on the bench and Martial starting? Also I think Keane will flop at United, I don't rate him and Bailey. I think Rojo is still useable.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

It's not a player problem, and it arguably never was. If you have the quality to score goals (which no one doubts) and you aren't, it's a stylistic, managerial, tactical problem. Throwing millions of dollars at players hoping to fix something that can't be fixed with money is stupid and represents a misunderstanding of how this game works.

jackall 7 years ago
Arsenal, England 1 89

The same shite was said when they spent all that money on pogba, Di Maria, Bailey, schweinsteiger, Herrera, shaw, fellaini over the past 4 years.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Lol, what are the odds of buying both Griezmann and James? That's an insane amount of money that will only lead to nothing. United must sort out their problems first and then focus on getting star names to push them closer to a PL title.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

We are not getting Keane for 25 mil. I promise you. And definitely not Rodriguez either since you have Mata, Mhiki, and Rooney who all play the same position. Mhiki will probably play on the wing unless we buy a winger. Rashford will either start at forward if we don't get Griezmann or he will be on the bench. I don't think we should buy Griezmann if you ask me. Rojo/Smalling will partner Bailly. I think Shaw will play at LB. And we will probably buy a CM to partner Herrera and Pogba; most likely a CDM.

I've been saying this for sometime now. We have a good team. The last few managers didn't know how to play to the team's strengths. Jose is trying to make the team play his way. We don't have the players for that. I think someone like Ancelotti would adjust to the strengths of the team...just my 2 cents.

nigelpayne 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 15 484

@amir keal i put martial on because I wanted someone with more attacking intent....martial is also quicker and I think he has more potential to affect the game if he plays well which we saw in his first season.

....you dont rate bailly????? best cb weve had 4 a while

Obviously rodriguez and griezmann depends on whether we win the europa league final...i think they will go elsewhere if we dont qualify for ucl becasue I dont think they will stay at their clubs...rodriguez barely starts and wants permanent first team football and griezmann wants in on the premier league

With mourinhos very defensive tactics we need attacking players that wont get drawn deep when the opposition attacks so that they can keep the counter alive when they break

obviously just my opinion so...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@amir keal i put martial on because I wanted someone with more attacking intent....martial is also quicker and I think he has more potential to affect the game if he plays well which we saw in his first season.

....you dont rate bailly????? best cb weve had 4 a while

Obviously rodriguez and griezmann depends on whether we win the europa league final...i think they will go elsewhere if we dont qualify for ucl becasue I dont think they will stay at their clubs...rodriguez barely starts and wants permanent first team football and griezmann wants in on the premier league

With mourinhos very defensive actics we need attacking players that wont get drawn deep when the opposition attacks so that they can keep the counter alive when they break

obviously just my opinion so...

amir_keal 7 years ago

nigelpayne

i put martial on because I wanted someone with more attacking intent....martial is also quicker and I think he has more potential to affect the game if he plays well which we saw in his first season.

I hear you, I just feel his second season at United has been too inconsistent, whereas Miki has done more this season. I do see where your coming from though.

you dont rate bailly????? best cb weve had 4 a while

One reason I don't rate him is because he loses the ball WAY too easily. His vision is poor for a centre back, and whilst your midfielders do cover for them, it can often be individual errors that cost the game. Also, he does get injured quite a bit. Rojo does the same with challenges, but sometimes it's good. I don't believe he is Ferdinand and Vidic level.

Well I think that could be applied mainly for Griezmann. Griezmann is a world class player who came third in the balon'dor. No way he's going to United in the summer if you don't win Europa. However, James could be triggered with the money, Lingard is on 100k, Rooney is on 300k, what do you think James? Surely more than 150k, which is more than any Arsenal player.

I mean if you don't think the title with this team then I don't know what you can do to win another title. You already failed with Di Maria, Falcao and RVP.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Bailly is actually really good. As impressive as Rojo was at times, Bailly was easily better. I don't need defenders to pass, I need them to defend, and he was fantastic at that.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@amir Griezmann is 90% a United player already.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

looks like a pretty good squad but knowing united it wont work for them...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quickzyyy To be fair, I'm not sure I trust Griezy anymore, first he say he will propably stay at Atletico since Simeone chosed to stay, then he say there is a 6 on 10 chance he will be at United next season and now, he is literaly ready to go. What the hell.

amir_keal 7 years ago

quikzyyy

I'm not buying the Griezmann rumors just yet. Things aren't clear at the moment, and although he said he wants to win titles, United losing could put him off. United are heavy favorites in the EL finals, and everyone excepts them to win, including Griezmann.

SunFlash

I don't need defenders to pass, I need them to defend, and he was fantastic at that

I can't argue too much about that, but defenders do require good vision and passing. The most important requirement is of course defending though. If we are talking about defending as a whole then Bailly is better than Rojo, but I don't think him and Keane will form a formidable backline.