Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Moussa Sissoko wants to leave Newcastle and join Arsenal
4Football 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 7 8

enter image description here

Moussa Sissoko has told Rafa Benitez he wants to leave Newcastle.

Moussa Sissoko says he wants to leave Newcastle and is desperate to join "the beautiful Arsenal".

The France midfielder, part of the Newcastle squad relegated from the Premier League last season, has already told Rafa Benitez he does not want to play in the Championship.

And the dream scenario is to follow in the footsteps of his French idols at Arsenal - "the club of my heart".

Speaking to Foot Mercato from France's training base ahead of Euro 2016, Sissoko said: "It is flattering that a coach like [Benitez], a great coach, wants to keep me. But I think that he is aware.

"I have reached a level where playing in the Championship would be difficult for me. I need to continue to evolve. I aspire to play for the greatest European clubs and to continue with the French national team.

"There will be discussions. I hope that they go in the right direction. I want to leave. I would like to continue my career in England, in a club that plays Champions League football."

Asked about reports he has been watched by Arsenal, the 26-year-old said: "It is very flattering. Arsenal is one of the best European teams. To be watched by that sort of club, that proves that you are a quality player.

"Everyone knows, I often said it when I was young, Arsenal is the club of my heart, because there were quite a few French players there like Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira who was my idol…

"The beautiful Arsenal. We will see. I cannot tell you if I am going to go to Arsenal. For the moment, I am focused on the French national team and the Euros."

Sissoko has started 118 Premier League games since joining Newcastle from Toulouse in January 2013.

Bad news for Newcastle........

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Most of what I know about Newcastle comes from the True Geordie, but I agree with him when he said, "and some of yous will leave, thinking you're too good for the Championship...well if you were WE WOULDN'T FUCKIN BE HERE WOULD WE."

Tough to argue with that logic. I'd have a hard time seeing Arsenal going for him even if they didn't pick up Vardy.

Arsenal_infinite 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 27

Really don't want him at Arsenal. He's very average and has a good game in a blue moon. Not Arsenal standard. Rather see that money being spent on someone like Mahrez or kante or a defender.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Agree with the others, at Arsenal, he would most likely be a benchwarmer, he should go to another lower club and complete his progression. Maybe in a year or two, he would have the necessary quality. I don't think he would but who know. :p

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Disagree with true geordie. Newcastle have quality players that should not be in championship but they are not being used well.
Wijnaldum, mbemba, mitrovic, sissokho all deserve premier league football.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

And where would he wants to play in Arsenal? He would not make it even into the bench..

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Lio Yeah but not all of them would be good enough to be in Arsenal.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Didn't say arsenal. Maybe swansea.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@lio

Wijnaldum, Mbemba, and especially Sissoko were instrumental in Newcastle going down. Mitrovic was actually pretty decent, and was injured for most of the worst parts of the season. Several moments of quality does not erase an entire season of under performing. The only player who should feel really hard done by imo is Townsend.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sun Towsend is pure class, I remember some the volley he used to put at the back of the net from afar, he is one impressive lad for sure. Wish him the best.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Towsend is pure class, I remember some the volley he used to put at the back of the net from afar, he is one impressive lad for sure. Wish him the best.