Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mourinho's special gesture towards Dinamo Zagreb
TheRecapGuy 3 years ago
28 71

Jose Mourinho was clearly impressed by Dinamo Zagreb in their Europa League comeback over his Tottenham side.

Spurs held a 2-0 aggregate from the first leg against the Croatian team, but the hosts scored three without reply in the second leg to progress.

After 120 minutes of football and a crushing defeat away from home, Mourinho took it upon himself to go into the Dinamo dressing room and applaud their players.

"I went into the Zagreb dressing room to congratulate them. Very humble. Very humble," Mourinho said.

"On the other side, my team, it did not look like it was an important match. For me it was, every match is important. And for every Tottenham fan at home, every match is important. It matters.

"To say that I feel sad is not enough, every emotion is left out there. I feel very sorry that my team did not win. We lost. It was based on attitude, based on compromise and I feel very sad.

"Football is not just about quality of teams, it is more than that. It's about attitude and that's how they beat us."

Comments
tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I just dont understand him... really.

But from psychological stand point, his action is not just admiring, nothing good came from his mind, he did it because he was very mad with his own players, disappointed and Mou being Mou, bitter and weird.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Props for congratulating the other team but his motives seem misplaced, at least in the context of what I have read. He is trying to get his team more motivated yet blaming them for the lack of mental attitude. He is congratulating the other team but at the same time saying if his team was mentally stronger, they would have won, they would have cared enough to see out the result.

Love the compliment and the smack in the same interview. haha

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

Tbh, thats a gesture he picked from sir Alex when he beated United in the CL with Porto. Basically, Sir Alex would have come to congratulate him and his team after being eliminated. The only problem with Mourinho is that I don't know if he really got the good mentality to do this kind of stuff when they just were eliminated from a european competition.

He seemed a bit too sour to be completely honest tbf. XD

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Mou's gesture came out of bitterness and ran errant to the other room... that was not a genuine congratulation or admiration.

If that was the case, he would have said: his team could have done better, but the other team was way better and he failed to answer to that.

I used to like Mou, but his moaning and unstable crap are too overrated nowsaday :D