Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mourinho sacked
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Huh? Any Spurs fans how you feel about this? I find it really interesting one week before final..

Comments
FootballGuy 3 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 36 125

Not surprised he's gone.

JoeBiden 3 years ago
USA 6 60

Official. Ryan Mason will be the Tottenham manager until the end of the season, after José Mourinho being sacked. Chris Powell will also work with him. Police cars revolving light #THFC

More: Tottenham board are already planning and discussing for the new manager starting from June.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Not surprised.

But, i dont think they have handled this well, why not just wait for the final?

On Mou: probably the result is just one thing, the way he constanst moaned, blamed on things but himself and create a horrible image for the club backfired in him. When they pay him this much, those are entertained for fans but not for a professional club.

Some source says: 'cuz he also refuse to take the team to the training ground because of those Super League bullcrap"? That's the final drop for the mgt

Good luck to Mou, but he needs to change.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Not surprised.

But, i dont think they have handled this well, why not just wait for the final?

On Mou: probably the result is just one thing, the way he constanst moaned, blamed on things but himself and create a horrible image for the club backfired in him. When they pay him this much, those are entertained for fans but not for a professional club.

Good luck to Mou, but he needs to change.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I always knew, already in 2020 that he wasn't the right guy to lead this team. He is not good in terms of nurturing talent, his tactics only apply when he leads an ultra-star team

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I mean, Spurs are a big clubs from their actions, and this is what they think is the best. I still laugh at those titles talks, but getting Mourinho in the first place was a pretty big move. Although it didn't work out, Spurs aren't really going anywhere unless it's another Mourinho like appointment, they need a big appointment but I feel they'll get that.

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

If its true that he was sacked because he made a stand against the super league decision, then I gotta say I have even more massive respect for Mou than i did before. Even if that nots professional and can understand the sacking in those cirscumstance. Though to be honest, if it wouldn't have been now, it would have been at the end of the season propably.

• History

If its true that he was sacked because he made a stand against the super league decision, then I gotta say I have even more massive respect for Mou than i did before. Even if that nots professional and can understand the sacking in those cirscumstance.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Fat paycheck for Mourinho again

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Think it was my dad who told me today that Mou was propably getting more money getting sacked than mananing teams as thing stood. XD

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

The guy is genius with the contracts he is getting and every single time he gets sacked and earns all the money in even shorter period.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Yep but he has become useless over time

uncle_touchy 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

Mourinho's philosophy won him trophies,but sometimes as a manager you need to learn things not the same mind games every year. He'll still go down in history as the special one, a great manager with love for football.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago

And also goes down to history as the mouthy one, all about himself, Mr. Sacked one. Mister blame one, mister live in the past. I meant he is great and all, but how can he lives with himself collecting $ after $ of being sacked.

@Emo: nah, we saw that coming, his rants, mouthy on the media etc... Are entertaining for us, not for the owners. And his result is shit. Take Kane out and Spur is absolute crap.

He really needs to change.

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tuan Heh, you are propably right, still half expected Levy to keep him longer to not have to pay him as much. You know what I think, the reason why he sacked him so close to the announcement of the Super League was because he was now sure to get in and thought the project would absorb part of the money he needed to pay Mou.

• History

@tuan Heh, you are propably right, still half expected Levy to keep him longer to not have to pay him as much. You know what I think, the reason why he sacked so close to the announcement of the Super League was because he was to get in and thought the project would absorb part of the money he need to pay Mou.

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I fail to see how this decision was good for Tottenham. Mourinho lost 3 major finals and 12 won. He has a good record against Guardiola this year, and this decision comes 6 days before final.

Levy is an idiot. There is Jurgen Klopp having Dortmund dejavu with Liverpool, not to mention how many years he was given to build his squad, and Levy feels that Mourinho isn't fit enough.

Mourinho doesn't do much blaming around anymore, you need to watch his interviews.

This seems most likely a rash decision because of ESL. I can't find any other logical explanation, because otherwise Levy is an idiot. He could have fired him right after final. It is league cup final for Gods sake. Not CL or FA, but even then why a fire a guy with strong final results record.

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I mean he literally said same manager different players a few weeks ago lmao

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Its a classic move to motivate the player. Its a gamble for sure, personally, i kinda agree its risky and potentially dumb. Anyway, this remind me that earlier in the season, when Spurs were doing so well, we were talking how Spurs should erect a statue for Mourinho if they managed to win a trophy under him... It feel like that discussion was so long ago to be honest.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago Edited

@Markus: I do watch, more than for my Machnester United Ole's boring craps. I have watched most of Mourinho's post match press conferences, as it's more entertaining (not in a good way).

Everytime, his team failed or struggled (Mourinho), he would have some kind of mockery, indirect blames on something, or do some kind of mind games. It's entertaining.

But think about it, If I were the owner, I wouldn't want that, the same reason I dont want my kid to behave like that when something doesn't go his way. (i know it's a stupid analogy but you get the picture).

Mou will go down as one of the most successful coaches of all time, look at the trophies. But he is already gone down as well as a sacked one, the most controversial one and to a lot of fans (including me) the most boring football of all (bus parking tactic). Young players will not develop well under him compare to Pep or Sir Alex (there are for sure exceptions, but more often than not, the best players come out after got out of Mou's team).

Like I said, football needs him, but for him, he needs to change.

• History

I do watch, more than for my Machnester United Ole's boring craps. I have watched most of his post match press conference, as it's more entertaining (not in a good way).

Everytime, his team failed (Mourinho), he will have some mockery, indirect blame on something, or do some kind of mind games. It's entertaining.

But think about it, If I am the owner, I don't want that, the same reason I dont want my kid to behave like that when something doesn't go his way. (i know it's a stupid analogy but you get the picture).

Mou will go down as one of the most successful coaches of all time, look at the trophies. But he is already gone down as well as a sacked one, the most controversial one and to a lot of fans (including me) the most boring football of all (bus parking tactic). Young players will not develop well under him compare to Pep or Sir Alex (there are for sure exceptions, but more often than not, the best players come out after got out of Mou's team).

Like I said, football needs him, but for him, he needs to change.