Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mourinho hints at possible Chelsea return
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

The Real Madrid boss admits his future in Spain is uncertain and claims his next destination could be at a club he's already worked at

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has hinted he could return to Chelsea this summer.

The 50-year-old, who guided Chelsea to two Premier League titles before leaving the club in September 2007, has been linked with a move back to Stamford Bridge at the end of the season to succeed Rafael Benitez.

Speculation has grown over Mourinho's future in Spain after reports suggested that several senior figures in Real Madrid's squad were unhappy with their manager, while the Portuguese has also endured a mixed relationship with the club's fans this term.

Mourinho, who has also enjoyed successful spells at Porto and Inter, admits his future is uncertain but has not ruled out returning to one of his former clubs.

“I have an adventurous spirit and do not know what will happen next season,” Mourinho said at the opening of an exhibition in Setubal.

“It’s not easy to choose a new destination after working in England, Portugal, Italy and Spain. Maybe I could return to somewhere I’ve already been. Watch out for surprises.”

Hopefully he will return to Chelsea where all the fans love him and respect him so much :)

Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Chelsea with Mou and Falcao will win the EPL

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Still not yet sure that he will come back to Chelsea it's like 65% But I hope he sign on a long term. I don't care if he lose or win, We just want a permanent manager and Mourinho is the best one to take this place. He got a lot of respect at stamford bridge and everywhere. and we love him no matter what. 

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

He should go somewhere fresh 

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I don't see this happening. There are only 3 destinations where he could possibly go this summer:

#1] PSG - Ticks all the boxes. Much like Chelsea were, PSG are up-and-comers and he can claim all the glory of leading them to their early success. Plus, it's in a country he hasn't "conquered" yet and that will appeal to his "adventurous spirit" and will allow him to become the 1st coach to win in the PL, La Laga, Serie A, Ligue 1, & the Portuguese Primeira Liga. PSG will also give him a blank checkbook and pretty much full reign. 
STUMBLING BLOCK = Ligue 1 isn't the most prestigious league and their isn't anyone that will be able to seriously challenge them from now one which might make him lose interest/motivation.

#2] Man City - To me, this is the club in England that would most suit Jose. It has the money to buy the players that he'd want, the capacity to win things but also has underachieved in the CL which is his specialty, and is a club that needs a manager that can galvanize the players and give them more motivation (something he is especially good at).
STUMBLING BLOCK = All the noises coming out of City is that they do NOT want a Jose-type manager at their club but one who is more considered about promoting its long-term success and one who bring good PR to the club. Moreover, if Jose does want to manage United one day (which despite the rumours, I don't he ever will) than it won't help his cause if he manages their cross-city rivals.

#3] Chelsea - RA will give him a blank checkbook (see a pattern here?), he is loved & idolized by fans, and has good young players at at the club who will only get better with time. Most importantly however, is that HE HAS UNFINISHED BUSINESS AT CHELSEA IN THAT HE HAS NEVER BEEN ABLE TO WIN THE CL WITH THEM. Last, but certainly not least, he would be able to make Rafa look bad by taking over from him and making the team do well. 
STUMBLING BLOCK = Even if you believe the media that claim RA & Jose have buried the hatchet, these 2 men have too big of an ego to go crawling back to each other. Moreover, Mourinho is the kind of manager that has to have complete control over everything at the club and RA has shown no signs of stopping his meddling in club affairs. Jose is no fool - once bitten, twice shy. Lastly, and I don't think this is really a big deal, he may want to keep his legacy with the club as is. If he were for some reason to be unsuccessful the second time around, his image with the fans and with the history of the club could be slightly tarnished.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I agree with Footaholic's first option, +1

Joe_Manchester 11 years ago
Manchester United, Egypt 108 627

What about the United job after SAF retires?

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Joe: Despite his good track record and mutual respect with SAF, I do not believe the club themselves want him to manage United. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say that SAF himself wouldn't want him to manage United. The reason being is because of the type of manager he is. Not Unite'd style. 
If you don't believe me take it from Sir Bobby Charlton himself: "Mourinho is a really good coach but that's as far as I would go really."

Red this article... gives an insight into how the club views him
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/07/bobby-charlton-jose-mourinho-manchester-united

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8318815/Sir-Bobby-Charlton-says-Real-Madrid-boss-Jose-Mourinho-pontificates-too-much-

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Well said @Footaholic :) But seriously i don't mind if he didn't succeed again *I doubt he won't* but still i wouldn't mind. he knows how to do his job and we really want a manager on a long term finally. We are sick and tired of changing our football style every time. I know that this will give our players some different experience but this is not healthy for the club, fans and the players moral.