{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Monreal moves to Arsenal.
Comments
knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

great signing

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Looking forward to Peter Crouch's debut.

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

well ajax wouldnt take your 10m euros for Blind so this good back up? knibis who is this player?

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

now sell Santos, Gervinho, Chamakh, Arshavin and buy some class player and won some trophy maybe next year(damn we became history channel)

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

too good for arsenal :)

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Don't know much about him but I hope this isn't a random last minute signing just like Andre Santos was.
knibis such a player doesn't exist.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@knibis: Interesting... Would you believe he is good enough for Malaga, or too good for them as well? From your point of you, of course.

koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

subtle trolling is in progress

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

They should have sold Santos to Malaga. O:)

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

The noises are that he is a sound defender (that alone is an upgrade). I confess that I have never watched him but the rumours, as many of you might have heard, is that Arsenal had been scouting him for a while and had already opened preliminary discussions earlier in the season to sign him in the summer of '13. 
The unfortunate, but inevitable, injury of Gibbs (who for my money has been our best defender this year) has forced Wenger to buy him earlier than he was going to.
I am happy we got a LB as it was one of a few obvious weak points but the bigger picture that must be highlighted is that WE WERE NOT PLANNING ON BUYING ANYONE AT ALL THIS WINDOW. This, despite our poor form, despite the fact that even Ray Charles could see our severe lack of depth and need for strengthening, Despite the fact that we have more free liquidity in the bank than ANY other team in the WORLD. The situation is an absolute farce. The fans are being placated with leaked "attempts" at "inquiring" other players (which I have on good authority was NEVER the case). It is true that we bid for Villa & that he in fact was pushing to come but that was a long shot to begin with.
In short, the tranfer policy, wage structure, and team make-up has is lamentable and frankly indefensible. Wenger takes pride in trying to prove everyone wrong and pushing his footballing ideals (which are admirable) but he has been doing so to the continued detriment of our club. If he were a physician and Arsenal were a patient (which is probably not a bad analogy given our current ailments) he would be sued for gross negligence.
End of rant.

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

Daley Blind is a monster in making. and once more an Amsterdam boy made by AFCA. 10m euros was not enough but Blind said no anyway. he waits for a top side or stay at higher level in Amsterdam

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Not trying to sound like an ass, but this very much sounds like another risky signing during the deadline, once again. However, I have a good feeling that Monreal is going to be a positive brick to bolster Arsenal's defensive wall, as he played for La Rojas a couple of times. And also, obviously, any player that comes from Spain is definitely   a big plus for any English clubs!

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Wenger was forced to buy him.. he wouldn't have even made a mid otherwise!!

koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

He had a good debut against a very tough Stoke...