Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mods on this website need to do their job
Lhiggins 8 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Ireland 1 222

The amount of trolling and disrespect in the comments is ridiculous. Even worse when you see Mods like Yuan Jinn and Shpalman getting involved in it. Maybe I am setting my expectations too high, but this website is an absolute joke. The Mods obviously don't do anything and only ban the most obvious of people and the ones that they personally disagree with. They even let unregistered users make an unlimited amount of comments and they are allowed to vote on comments. That makes no sense. Then when I see people actually making comments about the match they get downvoted and trolled by other teams fans? It's the same on every comments page. I can't be the only one who thinks this website is a joke and could easily be fixed if the mods;
Make it so unregistered users can comment once per day
Unregistered users can not vote on comments
They cant choose a team/country/name. Give them the name Guest.

These are all simple things that would improve this site a lot. The people using it and moderating it are most of the problem though.

Comments
_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

Dude you realize you are being the troll right? The one thing you are trying to do is limit racism/hate, yet you discriminate against me and my english because i'm from another country, lol dude come on now you are being ignorant. Obviously you just started using the site and you come and insult the mods, telling them they are involved in the trolling and are not doing their job properly. get a grip dude.

Lhiggins 8 years ago

Tuan Jinn, ok. But what do you think of my suggestions...... You are just dismissing them not even giving your opinion on it. The tab show only user is not helpful. People still respond to your comments and they can vote on them. And it's not about me being annoyed. It's about making this a better website. Ive used it for 3-4 years. The first few years I never commented and I was unregistered. It could really use some updates like:

They cant choose a team/country/name. Give them the name Guest......

What do you think of these suggestions? Are they doable do you think? I'm trying to discuss this and no one even gives their opinion... Making these updates would only make the website better, and would not take anything away from it.

Lhiggins 8 years ago Edited

Gonzi. You havent answered any of my questions or responded to my post. All you have done is argue with me about nothing. please go away if you dont have anything you actually want to discuss. I wouldnt expect an English man to have good Spanish I wouldnt expect an Argentinian Man to have good English. Why are you trying to argue so much?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Gonzi. You havent answered any of my questions or responded to my post. All you have done is argue with me about nothing. please go away if you dont have anything you actually want to discuss.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

First mods arent getting paid of this, they do it from their free time and its something people should thank them for it not the opposite. Second being a mod doesnt prevent you from participating and giving your point, mods support teams and may have their bad moments like anyone else here, and last you just pointed the 2 most active mods on the forum and the ones imo trying to do their best and staying away from brainstormings...

I may agree on half what you said, but the attacks were unnecessary... comment section is heated for obvious reasons, post games comments are passionate or completely dumb depending on context, and secondely we are in the internet.

I personally enjoy some of the banter there, and it happens to me to loose my mind few seconds after a passionate game,not trolling tho, but if you hate it the solution is to stay only in the forum, good users most of the time.

Lhiggins 8 years ago Edited

But Tika Taka, what about my suggestions? did you not even read the post or did you stop at the title? And what attacks are you talking about? Everyone is completely missing the point here....... @ Tiki Taka, I enjoy banter too. It's normal in football. But thats is not what we are talking about... I am talking about how there is no good discussion on the comments section for the sole reason that unregistered users just troll, post immature comments, and downvote everyone they disagree with. (Ive been to the forums there really isnt much discussion going on)

The reason for this is to clean up the comments section and make it a more friendly and interactive place,

^^^^ Does no one have an opinion on if this would be helpful? or are we just going to write paragraphs about how I mentioned two mods? Like am i speaking English here? No one has even responded to my suggestions and almost all of you have gotten offended by this. Jeez..... Lots of people completely missing the point and just getting offended by this....

• History

But Tika Taka, what about my suggestions? did you not even read the post or did you stop at the title? And what attacks are you talking about? Everyone is completely missing the point here....... @ Tiki Taka, I enjoy banter too. It's normal in football. But thats is not what we are talking about... I am talking about how there is no good discussion on the comments section for the sole reason that unregistered users just troll, post immature comments, and downvote everyone they disagree with.

The reason for this is to clean up the comments section and make it a more friendly and interactive place,

^^^^ Does no one have an opinion on if this would be helpful? or are we just going to write paragraphs about how I mentioned two mods? Like am i speaking English here? No one has even responded to my suggestions and almost all of you have gotten offended by this. Jeez..... Lots of people completely missing the point and just getting offended by this....

Lhiggins 8 years ago

Trying to improve the website lmfao

Lhiggins 8 years ago

I wish I could edit this to change the title lmao. Everyone, especially Yuan Jinn, is focusing on the wrong thing. I'm trying to help and you all act like I insulted you over a football forums page lol. Just trying to help guys.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I too, try to help people by being a dick.

Let's back this up.

Everyone, especially Yuan Jinn, is focusing on the wrong thing. I'm trying to help and you all act like I insulted you over a football forums page lol

Well didn't you?

Even worse when you see Mods like Yuan Jinn and Shpalman getting involved in it.

If you didn't expect the very person you attacked to focus on that attack, you're retarded. Moving onto your points themselves:

The Mods obviously don't do anything and only ban the most obvious of people and the ones that they personally disagree with.

For the record, in all my time here I have NEVER seen a mod ban someone with the only reason being because they disagreed with them. As far as I'm concerned that's blatant slander, and undermines everything else that you've said. Your other comment about mods only banning the most obvious people is somewhat true, but that's also self-explanatory. If the person is yelling in as many words "ban me ban me!" it's far easier to ban them.

Then when I see people actually making comments about the match they get downvoted and trolled by other teams fans? It's the same on every comments page.

Some banter and posturing is expected, and I understand that when I make a comment in the highlights, I expect it even. However, if any other that sneaks onto the forum, I kill as fast as possible. While you might say that I should have those same high standards for the highlights section, I disagree. The site needs traffic to survive, and allowing people to comment without registration ensures that. So I have a lower standard for the average internet minion than I do for an active-forum goer. Big surprise, I know.

I can't be the only one who thinks this website is a joke and could easily be fixed if the mods;
They cant choose a team/country/name. Give them the name Guest.

First off, the mods can't do any of that. That would fall under the authority of the admin. But pretending your ideas were possible, I'll roll with it. First point, unregistered users can comment only once per day. For the most part, they do. They watch a single game, make a single comment, and leave. The ones who fly around between all the games talking crap usually get banned because they're so obvious about it. (NOTE: I addressed this earlier, as did you. Obvious trolls get banned). Ones who start a long comment train in a single game seem to be what you don't like. Well emotions run high after big games, and I'm ok with that.

Second point, not allowing randoms to vote. If this were the case, you wouldn't see any votes at all. Due to the users/guests ratio that watches the games, I would expect that the VAST majority of votes come from guests. It would be almost impossible to get over 10 or so votes if only users voted. Look at the forum. All the best threads almost never have more than 5 votes a post, even the one-in-a-year ones barely hit 20.

Third point, it helps to know where people are from and their club allegiance to understand what they're saying, or what point they're attempting to prove.

There you go. You wanted your points themselves addressed instead of people focusing on your decidedly awful charisma. I don't disagree entirely with all of it, but if I was holding the reigns of this site, I don't think I'd implement any of it, and I've explained why.

Lhiggins 8 years ago

Im not reading any of that because you obviously are just here to cause problems and not improve the site.... So immature.

SunFlash 8 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how internet arguments are concluded. Thank you for your time.

• History

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how internet arguments are concluded. Thanks you for your time.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

bravo sir.

TheGame 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Thank you SunFlash for articulating a concise and accurate answer. Just for the record, in the future it is best to directly get in touch with the mods, me included, through messaging. Try to avoid creating threads meant to criticize more than actually provide solutions (although we certainly appreciate Lhiggins intentions of making the website better for us all). That way your concerns can be addressed in a prudent manner.

• History

Thank you SunFlash for articulating a concise and accurate answer. Just for the record, in the future it is best to directly get in touch with the mods, me included, through messaging. Try to avoid creating threads meant to criticize more than actually provide solutions. That way your concerns can be addressed in a prudent manner.

Discussion Closed