Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi vs Ronaldo???
mancitydude 6 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

This world cup is all about Messi and Ronaldo, and the fight for the Ballon D'or. We saw Ronaldo score a hat trick against Spain (it was a crap keeper after all) and Messi have a penalty saved against ICELAND (yeah it was saved not missed, it was a world class save, and after all Iceland knocked England out of the Euros....)

Whats your thoughts on these players, and who do you think will come out top this year.

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm not really one for ripping off fresh band-aids.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I don't understand the obsession with Messi and Ronaldo this WC. After all it's the team who wins, not the individual player. As it stands neither nation managed to get three points, and neither are considered contenders.

mancitydude 6 years ago

I agree with you, but these two are the main contenders for the Ballon D'or - and this is their last chance to shine.
Messi has won the La Liga and the Copa del Rey with Barcelona, and Ronaldo has bagged the Champions League, so this is the decider.

mancitydude 6 years ago

Seems like the contenders seem to be under performing......

All the seemingly obvious predictions have gone up the wall, with the most unlikely teams winning.

DarioUtd 6 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

(it was a crap keeper after all)

Ermmm?? So you're telling me that De Gea is crap?!?!?! Come on mate!

Btw, he is human like the rest of us, even when he makes saves that do make us wonder whether he is or not though! Give him a chance! Lol:D

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

We have argued on this way too many times. Here is a debate that is more interesting:

Iceland’s goalkeeper part time fisherman vs De Gea + Messi

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

that's not even fair, I'd still vote for that Iceland's goalkeeper

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Ronaldo scored 3 vs one of the best teams in the world vs Messi that did nothing special and missed a penalty vs a country that has less people than Barcelona where he plays in...no brainer.

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

People jump on conclusions too quickly.. It's been 1 match ffs.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

This world cup is all about Messi and Ronaldo, and the fight for the Ballon D'or.

enter image description here

Drbutterface 6 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

QuoteWe saw Ronaldo score a hat trick against Spain (it was a crap keeper after all) and Messi have a penalty saved against ICELAND (yeah it was saved not missed, it was a world class save

So much bias, I cannot take you seriously after such a comment.

Ronaldo with a bad team scores 3 goals against SPAIN, Messi scores no goals and even misses a penalty against fisherman's friend Iceland while having a great team behind his back, and you still try to make up stuff like de Gea being a crap keeper and a literally unknown icelandic keeper holding a badly shot penalty?

Mods please close this ridiculous thread, thank you.

mancitydude 6 years ago

@Drbutterface

chill bro you don't have to get so arsy - do you not know what sarcasm is :P

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Who do you think sleeps better at night part time fisherman goalie or Messi or Ramos?

mancitydude 6 years ago

@Marcus2011 - probably Messi or Ramos - the fisherman has got to worry abt drowning every day, not catching enough fish to feed his family, then freezing to death.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

This thread has become irrevelant. Never expected both Messi and CR7 to be out on the same day. :U

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This thread has become irrevelant. Never both Messi and CR7 to be out on the same day. :U

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Messi played for a dysfunctional team, Ronaldo played for a garbage one. Neither Argentina nor Portugal deserved to advance. Disappointing for both sets of fans, I'm sure, but ultimately I cannot fault the result.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Ronaldo had less to overcome and a smaller team, smaller football nation, he did overcome Eusebio.

Messi had to overcome more, and a bigger football nation bigger team, but he failed to overcome Maradona.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Fundamentally, Ronaldo and Maradona share more similarities in their personality than Messi. It's not a coincidence, I think, that players with overwhelming personalities are often able to lead their teams to unexpected wins or results as the underdog (Ronaldo in '16, Maradona in '86 and '90). I don't know about Eusebio, but I think that if Messi had a more assertive personality like Maradona and Ronaldo, he would have surely won 1 out of the 3 finals losses he has had from 2014-16.

As a result of their differences in personality, I'm not surprised Messi was unable to overcome the legacy of Maradona. But with that being said, Messi leaves a legacy of his own at club level that Maradona could not have touched.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Very well said. Maradona was better at international level while Messi accomplished incredible thing in his club career.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

when it comes to overall club + national team, I think xavi and iniesta should be on top of the conversation with pele instead of comparing it against ronaldo or messi. as it turns out, germany couldn't retain the reigns as long as people expected.