Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi to Al-Hilal
_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Messi is rumoured going to Al-Hilal. He will be payed around 450Million € ($) a year…

One word reaction: Insanity

Does the money ruin the joy of the game?

Comments
DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Depends on perspective......

Should an athlete try to make as much money as they can, because we all know that playing days will end at some point, and they need to set themselves up for future "comforts"? I would 1000% say yes to this. If you have the opportunity, get in, get paid, get out while you have your health. Life is expensive.

You also have the side, they make TOO much money and are only in it for the money, not the game, the club, or the team. It's a selfish move and the higher the salary, the more that statement is considered.

Personally, I think players do make too much money, especially when you have a bunch of other very important professions making way less, yet provides so much more. Not that I would reject any lucrative offers if I was still playing because the goal for me was to take care of my family, but no one should make 20-30-50 million a season in sports.

I voted yes, only if the $450mil a year is true, but I sure won't hate the player cashing what they can get. Messi can almost print his own money. haha

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

You can never make too much money, messi should take the offer and become a billionaire.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Messi is already billionaire, don't really see any point for him to take the offer, he can already buy anything he wants

Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11432

I voted yes, only if the $450mil a year is true, but I sure won't hate the player cashing what they can get.

Exactly, the problem aren't guy like Messi or Ronaldo who choose to accept offer like these (if Messi does choose to accept it) but having team backed by super nation that can offer that kind of deal is certainly unfair in a lot of way.

Personally, I think Messi could both accept or refuse, refusing mean he can keep playing at the highest level for a while and maybe rejoin Barca while accepting would mean complete security for his family for many generation and infinite ressource to pour into any cause he hold dear.

Now, with that said, seeing Messi and Ronaldo play against one another once more would be crazy. I think I'd love to see it even if had to be in Saudi Arabia.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I voted yes, only if the $450mil a year is true, but I sure won't hate the player cashing what they can get.

Exactly, the problem aren't guy like Messi or Ronaldo who choose to accept offer like these (if Messi does choose to accept it) but having team backed by super nation that can offer that kind of deal is certainly unfair in a lot of way.

Personally, I think Messi could both accept or refuse, refusing mean he can keep playing at the highest level for a while and maybe rejoin Barca while accepting would mean complete security for his family for many generation and infinite ressource to pour into any cause he hold dear.

Now, with that said, seeing Messi and Ronaldo play together would be crazy. I think I'd love to see it even if had to be in Al-Hilal.

helderwieling 12 months ago
Ajax, Netherlands 0 9

It's impossible.

I think he would rather go back to Barcelona

helderwieling 12 months ago
Ajax, Netherlands 0 9

Wasn't Ronaldo a billionaire when he went to Saudi Arabia? :)

Messi is already billionaire, don't really see any point for him to take the offer, he can already buy anything he wants

quikzyyy 12 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

no one wanted Ronaldo, that's bit different, or more like he wasn't going to lower his salary demands. Either way he wouldn't even be able to spend all the money he got.

MarkBowen 9 months ago
Australia 0 6

Having said that, it would be absurd to watch Messi and Ronaldo compete against one another again. Even if it had to be in Saudi Arabia, I think I'd still love to see it.

hazael4 4 months ago
0 2

The rumored move of Messi to Al-Hilal for a staggering 450 million € ($) annually has left football fans in awe. While the financial details are mind-boggling, the prospect of such a transfer raises questions about wise investments. Exploring options like https://icoholder.com might offer insight into the world of cryptocurrency and blockchain, presenting opportunities for astute financial decisions in this ever-evolving landscape.