Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi next destination?
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of Spanish LaLiga regulations on player registration.

enter image description here

As a result of this situation, Messi shall not be staying on at FC Barcelona. Both parties deeply regret that the wishes of the player and the club will ultimately not be fulfilled.

FC Barcelona wholeheartedly expresses its gratitude to the player for his contribution to the aggrandisement of the club and wishes him all the very best for the future in his personal and professional life.

So, biggest bomb of this year, overshadowing everything else..

Is he going to PSG? Will this mean Mbappe is off to Madrid?

Comments
uncle_touchy 3 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 3 123

🤣🤣🤣☺️🙈

Reports state that Messi's two-year contract with PSG gives him a $41 million annual net salary, including bonuses. The contract also contemplates an option for a third year.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

🤣🤣🤣☺️🙈

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Football is about cycles, Liga dominated europe for 2 decades sevilla taking consecutive EL and Barca Madrid Atleti defeating any opposition. Clubs in Spain declined due to aging squad, bad management and corona because they were earning their own money they arent sugar daddies club with oil/gas money....

PL clubs are dominating lately, they upgraded but also due to other clubs decline. Liverpool and City were levels above other english teams past 2 years we knew the winners in february... people can get arrogant in that exact moment but they cant change History.

countries like Italy, Spain, France and Germany got something PL can never buy or reach, youth formation. the average player in these countries is better than in England, thats factual and easy to see... clubs can buy any player they want they would still struggle if the management is poor, look at Barca with 5 or 6 +100mil fee players, they couldnt get the chemistry expected. coutinho-griezmann-dembele-de jong.....

i fully agree with with Sporting, money cant get you the management knowledge of historical europeen clubs... Barça/Madrid/Juve/Bayern/ milan clubs will always be there. midtable and bottom clubs in England are still a joke despite money... Bilbao, Villareal, Sociedad, Sevilla, Betis, Celta without money will always have a chance over West ham, Everton or any overrated club in the field because money dont score goals or create tactics...players and coaches do.

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I honestly never liked getting to technical about criterias and other details. I am straightforward person, and I don't look at things through microscope. I see EPL through the same lenses that millions around the world see, and millions around the world like EPL clubs. I traveled the world too, and EPL is by far most popular league unless it is Barcelona ( due to messi) and Real Madrid ( due to being rich and having big history). However, these two clubs are DESPERATE to change things because their revenues are FALLING! THEY ARE NOT MAKING ANYMORE THAT MONEY THEY USED TO MAKE THATS WHY THEY PUSH FOR SUPER LEAGUE!

No need to pull out stats because it is obvious as a day.

I told you @tiki 10 years ago that only reason why La Liga is relevant because of Barcelona and Real, soon EPL will take over purely on popularity and attractiveness of the league. Now my friend, 10 years from now comeback to this thread and you will see EPL richer than ever before and attracting best talents in Europe, unless super league happens to disrupt this and change European football, while other clubs are doomed to pick up bread crumbs.

Marcus2011 3 years ago

@marcos

EPL has passion, fan base, history, culture , best stadiums, ENGLISH language that everyone understands, and only thing that goes against EPL is damn weather :)) but even bad weather makes matches/ season exciting and even more difficult.

tiki_taka 3 years ago Edited

When I see what mighty NBA/PL clubs do against 30.000 population city called Villarreal with limited budget and fan base. I can only laugh at your arrogance and ignorance...

It's like a country with one star laughing at Italy, Germany or Brazil with 6 stars... Fanbase, money, arrogance, stadiums doesn't bring trophies home...

Sugar daddies are everywhere, if clubs are obliged to have ones to survive, they will. Historical clubs resist to it but I don't see any domination comming from England. Bayern would have trashed both finalists last season without covid and we got very poor quality final. Cards have been shuffled now you have a chance that's it, you aren't favourites and you can't dominate unless européen clubs collapse which is impossible.

• History

When I see what mighty NBA/PL clubs do against 30.000 population city called Villarreal with limited budget and fan base. I can only laugh at your arrogance and ignorance...

It's like a country with one star laughing at Italy, Germany or Brazil with 6 stars... Fanbase, money, arrogance, stadiums doesn't bring trophies home...

Marcus2011 3 years ago Edited

When I hear about Villareal not being able to pay their players or afford cost of their travels, I can only laugh at your arrogance and ignorance. I can also laugh how apparently one of those successful clubs, one of the biggest club in La Liga and the world can't pay wages and on the verge of bankruptcy.

Trophies are already here and will keep on coming.

Bayern has monopoly in Bundesliga and only few tune in to watch that boredom league.

Your so called sugar daddies realized that EPL is becoming in the league of its own and club like Portsmouth can afford to pay their own wages and Villareals wages if they wanted to.

You still don't get my point, football is entertainment business and if it isn't entertaining then it isn't brining money but I will just sit back and watch demise of your national leagues that are crying now for Super League to save them from their debts and misery playing in boring leagues.

• History

When I hear about Villareal not being able to pay their players or afford cost of their travels, I can only laugh at your arrogance and ignorance. I can also laugh how apparently one of those successful clubs, one of the biggest club in La Liga and the world can't pay wages and on the verge of bankruptcy.

Trophies are already here and will keep on coming.

Bayern has monopoly in Bundesliga and only few tune in to watch that boredom league.

Your so called sugar daddies realized that EPL is becoming in the league of its own and club like Portsmouth can afford to pay their own wages and Villareals wages if they wanted to.

You still don't get my point, football is entertainment business and if it is entertaining then it isn't brining money but I will just sit back and watch demise of your national leagues that are crying now for Super League to save them from their debts and misery playing in boring leagues.

Marcus2011 3 years ago

EPL conquering right now America, and when it does, which they will very soon, then it is game over

_Marcos_ 3 years ago
Sporting CP, Portugal 15 264

@Marcus2011

You are probably one of those brexit supports. Their is no point trying to talk to your nationalist ass.

America? ahah they like other type of football

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

ENGLISH language that everyone understands

Oof, that the most British/Americain statement I've seen on this forum yet. Though its not completely false (English is one of the most known first and second language known in the world) its ain't alway true that everyone can understand what the PL pundit say (those accents mate).

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

It looks like we can still get the dream neymar ronaldo messi front 3 with ronaldo's contract ending this season.

• History

It looks like we can still get the dream front 3 with ronaldos contract ending this season. I really hope it happens

It looks like we can still get the dream neymar ronaldo messi front 3 with ronaldo's contract ending this season. I really hope it happens, vamos messi

expertfootball11 3 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Don't listen too much to the pundits on Sky news, even though they are football players, they were all talking out of their ass. I mean it. After all a football player is not known for its IQ level.

• History

Don't listen too much to the pundits on Sky news, even though they are football players, they are all talking out of their ass. I mean it.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

@ expertfootball11 "After all a football player is not known for its IQ level." hahaha

tiki_taka 3 years ago Edited

@marcus but Villarreal who can't pay their wages can kick the ass of any arrogant British sugar daddy club. ;)
Let that sink in a little...

We fans care about the pitch, if you have worldwide fanbase and still trophiless that doesn't mean shit and the club won't get respect nor the league.

• History

@marcus but Villarreal who can't pay their wages can kick the ass of any arrogant British sugar daddy club. ;)
Let that sink in a little...

We fans care about the pitch, if you have worldwide fanbase and still trophiless that doesn't mean shit and the club won't get respect.

Marcus2011 3 years ago Edited

hahahah tiki

old Villareal COULD, not even guranted, have but in the last 10 years all the ass kicking has been done to Villareal and they are your 4th best team in La Liga

• History

hahahah tiki

old Villareal could have but in the last 10 years all the ass kicking has been done to Villareal and they are your 4th best team in La Liga

tiki_taka 3 years ago

they arent the fourth they arent even in top 6 get your facts straight.... if you want direct confrontations History of asss kicking you are welcome.... Oh i remember the excuse, we dont focus on EL....
Anyway you got my point, villareal was just an example.... Valencia, Sevilla or Betis coud take 5th 6th 7th of PL anytime, and Bilbao Sociedad Celta Vigo all are known to build strong squads... im not worried at all. Cycles in Spain are very short, atractivity of players of Barça/Real is unmatched in England unless City trebles the salary... Mbappe is going to Madrid, Messi left because it was impossible for the club to keep him, Ramos didnt accepted the club offer so aside from Neymar no player leave these clubs for PL or any other leagues but the opposite is true... Hazard, Bale, Coutinho all left their clubs when they were the best players for a better club and league ;)

conquer America, conquer even the moon, completely irrelevant. South Americans love technical football, PL is not something that will work there....