Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

'Messi called me a son of a wh*re' - Weligton
tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

In the last disappointing match vs. Malaga, Barca's star was shoved in the face by Weligton in an incident which was later explained by the Malaga's defender as Messi insulted him first. He said: 'Messi called me a son of a wh*re'.

Now, let's be fair here:
- Messi has been known as a nice guy (there are accusation, very weak evident).
- I am 50% believe Messi DID say that.

Because, Messi and Weligton always have bad relationship, Weligton stamped on Messi's once (very very coward). And several time when they face each other, he was very rough against Messi. He's Brazilian (Messi is Argentinian).

Even if Messi swore, it was probably like we say "you, son of a bitch", it's quite possible when arguing face to face, and especially when they are not happy with each other. Weligton to me is kinda like Pepe... pretty ugly on the pitch.

Ok, Im not defending Messi nor saying what he did was right, it's wrong... but I say, it's not a big deal and even if it happens it doesnt change how I see Messi one bit.

PS: if you google 'The Brazilian Weligton steps on Messi', you will find youtube link etc...

Comments
tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited

Link: Weligton stamped on Messi.

Seriously if someone does this to me, I would never be friend with him, I would call him "son of a bitch"

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Link: Weligton stamped on Messi

SoccerBoss 10 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Yeah. Messi has shown himself to be a calm and well organized person when it comes to fights but idiots like these tend to think that getting the opposing team mad will help his own team win and that pretty much ruins football matches these days

ramaboy10 10 years ago Edited
Mauritius 285 6463

If someone stamped on my face with studs I would say much things worse than that lol

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

If someone stamped on my face I would say much things worse than that lol

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Rama

He didn't stamp on Messi's face. Look at the video. He stamped on Messi's foot.

Regarding this issue, Messi may or may not have said that, but it was in the heat of the moment. Welligton, as a professional, must keep his head cool in those circumstances. He cannot excuse shoving Messi by his face.

Tacuachillo 10 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

I'll say he did say it. It's a common phrase to say in Spanish, especially when someone pisses you off.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

I hate these kinds of players the most. Their game is to wind up players, trying to get them angry. And after all the dirty stuff they do they're trying to be victims ? Who cares what messi said, the guy probably deserved it. Kind of like the zidane - materazzi incident, except that zidane's reaction was way more stupid than messi's. That shows messi has more resistance to this kind of things than zidane, and that's a good thing. Let's hope for him he never gets sent off in extra time of a world cup final.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

Me too, these kind of players provoke others, cowardly do nasty stuff behind the refs, then crying to be victim of abusive. Anyone who play football a bit regularly know these kind of players and most of the fighting comes from them.

Beside, he was completely unprofessional to shove Messi.

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well '' ijo da pu*a '' is mainstream sentece in Spanish League pitches :).
Watching the game at the moment, i thought it deserved a red but after seing Messi's insult, a yellow was fair.

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@tiki @tacuachillo I was just going to say the same, "hijo de puta" is actually hilariously overused in La Liga. Fans seem to sing it every match too :D. No big deal here, other than Weligton should've been sent off.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

I would never be friend if somebody stamps on my foot (non-accidentally).It's even worse,they're big rivals (in nations).