Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

MEANWHILE IN SPAIN...
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Cartagena president Paco Gomez says his team were relegated from Spain's Segunda Division last season because six of his players were betting against their own team.

LOL, you can't make this stuff up. According to Gomez: 

"I knew with ten games to go that Cartagena would go down, because some footballers were concentrating on betting," Gomez said. "I reported it to the Liga de Futbol Profesional. But here [in Spain] those who do these kind of things get away unnoticed."

"If I had spoken about Cartagena last year they would have had to put half the footballers in Spain in prison," he said. "There are players earning between €40,000 and €50,000 per game and we had six of them last year, all starters. You cannot control that."

"In Italy they throw them out, but here in Spain at the moment things have not been sorted out. There is as much shit here as in Italy, France, Germany and the others. I know who they are, but I cannot denounce them as I cannot show it."

EVEN the SPANISH LEAGUE VICE PRESIDENT ADMTITTED THAT SOME LAG LIGA GAMES HAD BEEN FIXED IN THE PREVIOUS YEAR/S.

"Games have been bought," Tebas said. "There is the real truth and then legal truth. Match-fixing exists, but you need to be able to prove it to be able to impose a punishment. We are trying to uncover the cheats because there are some, and even if there is just one, for me that is a scandal."
"In our football the same thing could happen as went on in Italy. I believe that there will be a scandal some day, because it happens. 

Comments
quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

it's everywhere.
A Champions League tie played in England is one of 680 matches across the world investigators say was fixed

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

and thats why street football is waaay better..

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well this might seem rather straightforward, but I hope they get that Barcelona - Chelsea 2009 CL semi finals match checked. That DEFINITELY looked like it was fixed for Barcelona.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Dynas: Even the 2nd leg in 2012 was pretty shady, if you ask me. :p

But didn't that make it so much sweeter, when Chelsea overcame it, with 10 men?

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

Yes it does make it a sweeter victory, but if they beat Barca in 2009, they would've gone on to face Manchester United in the final. And a repeat of the 2008 final would've been something sweet. You could see Chelsea eager for revenge from their loss the year before in penalties, and you get to see Drogba, Essien, Lampard, Cech, Terry and co. in their prime. Now THAT would've been a sweet victory. 

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

You make me wish it had happened. :)

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

if only money didnt exist,50,000 pounds per week not enough?id be grateful for 5 pounds per week!or even better,playing in the pl for free i swear!,i dont understand why some people are greedy,now its all about money in this corrupt modern world

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

I am afraid people who talking about the 2009 game(Chelsea-barca) havent seen the 1st game at camp nou.
Anyway the fixed match is probably the Liverpool-Debrecen.
You can search for what is said about debrecen's goalkeeper..

http://www.emirates247.com/sports/football/liverpool-debrecen-2009-game-under-probe-in-match-fixing-scandal-2013-02-07-1.494157 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9848809/Liverpools-2009-Champions-League-match-against-Debrecen-allegedly-fixed-by-Hungarian-sides-goalkeeper.html

JuanMata10 11 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@donandres: don't detract from the Chelsea Barcelona game. It's logical that Barcelona fans deny the fact that it was (probably) manipulated. It's equal how the first game ran off, because the second one still looked very suspicious

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@DonAndres

The first leg may have been fair, but the second one was rigged. I don't quite remember, but I think there were 6 clear penalty decisions that went against Chelsea. And the referee was standing in front of the incident every time. We're not accusing Barcelona, Don. We're accusing the people who fix these games and those stupid referees who actually carry it out for them. And FIFA's and UEFA's lack of action in this investigation.