Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

MCFC Vs LFC 1/3/19
Golefty 5 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Two teams playing attacking, attractive football with power, skill, speed and cunning come together on Thursday night to play out what could be a season-defining game. Ok i copied and pasted that last part XD

I just want to start a discussion pre and post game as there isnt one yet in the forum and this one of the biggest games of the season.

I really want to see city destroyed like arsenal, not going to happen but form would say liverpool will win.

What do you think results will be?

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Actually amazing tactical game, the Football quality was so-so but great opposition between the two best coaches of the world. The game could have ended both sides but details gave City the win ( and luck ).

City stopped Salah influence by playing 3 Cbs with Laporte on the wing and Fernandinho pressing Salah to not getting the ball on front of opposition half and denied him the lines of passes. Which worked perfectly but got Mane/Robertson extra space they didn’t benefit from it.

Klopp pressed high with his front 3 followed by the midlefield, Only high tactical squads are able to use this tactic and it obliged City to back pass and not getting too many touches in the rival box.

Some players were decisive others were a liability, for City El Kun, Fernandinho, Sane and Sterling were outstanding. Danilo and Kompany were poor. For reds Robertson, Arnold, Van Dijk and Fabinho who should have started were good, Lovren and Henderson costed the game.

Both committed defensive mistakes which make me think they aren’t invincible specially Liverpool who got few goals conceded. Interesting for their CL rivals. I still don’t know why Danilo and Henderson were chosen over Fabinho and Walker...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Actually amazing tactical game, the Football quality was so-so but great opposition between the two best coaches of the world. The game could have ended both sides but details gave City the win ( and luck ).

City stopped Salah influence by playing 3 Cbs with Laporte on the wing and Fernandinho pressing Salah to not getting the ball on front of opposition half and denied him the lines of passes. Which worked perfectly but got Mane/Robertson extra space they didn’t benefit from it.

Klopp pressed high with his front 3 followed by the midlefield, Only high tactical squads are able to use this tactic and it obliged City to back pass and not getting too many touches in the rival box.

Some players were decisive others were a liability, for City El Kun, Fernandinho, Sane and Sterling were outstanding. Danilo and Kompany were poor. For reds Robertson, Arnold, Van Dijk and Fabinho who should have started were good, Lovren and Robertson costed the game.

Both committed defensive mistakes which make me think they aren’t invincible specially Liverpool who got few goals conceded. Interesting for their CL rivals. I still don’t know why Danilo and Henderson were chosen over Fabinho and Walker...

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

I am still confused to how henderson can bench naby keita n fabinho at times lol

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

to be said keita was below expectations anytime he has played

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I think i have read here on forum that there hasn't been a team that lost PL title after having big lead going into New Years. 3 more points don't change this fact, so expectations are that Liverpool will win the title based on past Champions campaign patterns.

I also, think there will be a lot of drama in Spring as January and February busy football schedules will start to take its toll on the teams.My hopes of Chelsea challenging hasn't died but odds are heavily against us, hence i don't enjoy Pep winning it, i would like Klopp instead lift the title.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

How do you all expect Liverpool to go invincible when they don't have a proper CDM? If Klopp had someone like Kante or Fernandinho in his starting line up, oh boy i wouldn't want to face this Liverpool.