Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Martin Skrtel banned
quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has been charged with violent conduct over an alleged stamp on Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea.
The incident happened in injury time during the Reds' 2-1 Premier League defeat at Anfield on Sunday.The Slovakia international, 30, has to respond by 18:00 GMT on Tuesday and the offence carries a three-match ban.

Referee Martin Atkinson did not see the incident but three former officials agreed it was a sending-off offence. The trio made the decision after reviewing footage of the incident.

Unless Skrtel successfully appeals he will be banned for Liverpool's Premier League matches at Arsenal (4 April) and at home to Newcastle (April 13), plus the FA Cup quarter-final replay at Blackburn on 8 April.

Captain Steven Gerrard will also miss those matches after his red card 38 seconds after coming on as a half-time substitute in the same game.

I think it may be a big blow for Liverpool, thoughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has been charged with violent conduct over an alleged stamp on Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea.

The incident happened in injury time during the Reds' 2-1 Premier League defeat at Anfield on Sunday.

The Slovakia international, 30, has to respond by 18:00 GMT on Tuesday and the offence carries a three-match ban. Referee Martin Atkinson did not see the incident but three former officials agreed it was a sending-off offence. The trio made the decision after reviewing footage of the incident.

Unless Skrtel successfully appeals he will be banned for Liverpool's Premier League matches at Arsenal (4 April) and at home to Newcastle (April 13), plus the FA Cup quarter-final replay at Blackburn on 8 April.

Captain Steven Gerrard will also miss those matches after his red card 38 seconds after coming on as a half-time substitute in the same game.

Comments
raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

"No . However, should we call Ronaldo scum and dirty player , diver ( which basicly is cheating ) so cheater ? Should media also paint him as dirty player for his past doings . Think it through ."

That awkward moment when Ronaldo was called a diver and cheater his first years at Real due to his reputation from United. Still happens now and then.

mladen 9 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

LFC fans : We are all Martin Skrtel ..

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Marcus, once again you're not fooling anyone. You didn't refute anything I said but instead changed the topic to SAF and United with no evidence to back your claims. So I take it that you don't disagree with my statement. You and Chelsea are perfect for each other. Almost every single post you make has a common theme. Continue living in a fantasy dream where the entire world is your enemy and Chelsea are infallible.

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

back to the topic: Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel will serve a three-match ban after an independent Football Association disciplinary panel rejected his appeal against a violent conduct charge.

Skrtel reacts on instagram with this picture.

• History

back to the topic: Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel will serve a three-match ban after an independent Football Association disciplinary panel rejected his appeal against a violent conduct charge.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@the game

Ofcourse , I disagree . Your arguments are always subjective. If Media portrays Chelsea one way you will change your mind , because i remember you talking differently .

This whole the purpose why i even bothered to write about the recent Skrtel behavior was simply to highlight double standard approach to Chelsea . Victimization was not on my mind , it was simply to show double standard and hypocrisy . Why I brought SAF ? Is to highlight your hypocrisy , I would not be accusing other team of playing a victim when team you support did it for 20 years .

You need proof ? Why don't watch at least few SAF press conferences to start with and then maybe watch United games . I been long time fan of EPL and remember well his days . His tactics of manipulations , mind games and pressuring through media painting United as victims of referees ,when it was completely other way around . Nonethless respect him a lot .

Again , I am not changing topic just showing that if I was United fan I would keep quiet about victimization card accusation .

• History

@the game

Ofcourse , I disagree . Your arguments are always subjective. If Media portrays Chelsea one way you will change your mind , because i remember you talking differently .

This whole the purpose why i even bothered to write about the recent Skrtel behavior was simply to highlight double standard approach to Chelsea . Victimization was not on my mind , it was simply to show double standard and hypocrisy . Why I brought SAF ? Is to highlight your hypocrisy , I would not be accusing other team of playing a victim when team you support did it for 20 years .

You need proof ? Why don't watch at least few SAF press conferences to start with and then maybe watch United games . I been long time fan of EPL and remember well his days . His tactics of manipulations , mind games and pressuring through media painting United as victims of referees ,when it was completely other way around . Nonethless respect him a lot .

Again , I am not changing topic again , showing that if I was United fan I would keep quiet about victimization card accusation .

@quikzy

Skrtel posting his teammates selfie , wonder which one is Steve G .

Yeah he is going to get 4th match ban . Good . .

His reaction is disgusting . Again , Imagine if Costa responded same way to ban .

• History

@quikzy

Yeah he is going to get 4th match ban . Good . I wonder if Stevie G will get his bans because his was worse .

His reaction is disgusting . Again , Imagine if Costa responded same way to ban .

@quikzy

Skrtel posting his teammates selfie , wonder which one is Steve G .

Yeah he is going to get 4th match ban . Good . I wonder if Stevie G will get his bans extended because his was worse .

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Totally agree, Skrtel was a dick in that situation. His reaction is even worse, he's enough experienced not to post such a thing on the net. At least he can play for national team, hope he won't do something similar.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

ffs Dynastian xD

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Marcus2011, clearly you don't understand what victimization complex is. It has nothing to do with manipulations, mind-games, or even pressuring the referee. If criticizing refereeing decisions was grounds for having a victimization complex, then it would characterize almost every manager in the league. It is a pervasive and toxic mentality that is the hallmark of Mourinho's management, as evidenced by his "campaign" comments during his recent Chelsea stint and even his rant against UEFA when he lost to Barca.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Back up people! Dr Phil is in the house^ ;)

Anyways folks, what is this bull shit about Chelsea being victims? This thread is about the cunt Skrtel. Anyways, it's just Mourinho being Mourinho.. Remember he has stats and situations to back it up this year.. all though it is ridicolous to claim it to be an campaign against Chelsea. However, obviously most media is against Chelsea in one way or another, but who gives a fuck anyways.. Chelsea are not alone in this matter. Far from.

raimondo90 9 years ago

Media is against Chelsea because they are the only fools to buy into and expand the story thus sell more. Everything the media does revolves around generating views and money. Attacking chelsea, who always cry its unfair when they lose, is the easiest target and the only ones gullible enough to believe in conspiracy.

@game

Idk what do you mean under victimization . However , Chelsea has suffered more than anyone in EPL by refs and media headlines never miss to mention Chelsea or Jose . Otherwise they have nothing else to write about .
Like Persies clear intended elbow is not important but Costa , 50/50 incident is being talked on media for weeks . This is the difference .

P.S. Alex ferguson boycotted media , and blamed media , and blamed FA , he did all those things . You need to pay more attention to your club history mate .

• History

@game

Idk what do you mean under victimization . However , Chelsea has suffered more than anyone in EPL by refs and media headlines never miss to mention Chelsea or Jose . Otherwise they have nothing else to write about .
Like Persies clear intent elbow is not important but Costa ( 50/50 ) is being talked on media for weeks . This is the difference .

@game

Like Persies clear intended elbow is not important but Costa , 50/50 incident is being talked on media for weeks . This is the difference .

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@raimondo

No One expends it . Mourinho did not speak to media for few weeks and they started to make stories . They produced more news about Chelsea and Jose during that time when we were silent .

You guys are very selective in your memory or you have no idea what you talking about . Which really wastes my time here arguing .

raimondo90 9 years ago

Marus, its directed to the fans. Mou being silent has nothing to do with the media selling so many articles revolving around Chelsea. The fans buy this up and thats why it hasn't gone away yet.

raimondo90 9 years ago

Mou loves playing the media but it looks like this season the media played him