Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mario Balotelli to Liverpool
quikzyyy 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Liverpool have agreed a £16million fee with AC Milan for Mario Balotelli.
MILAN - Mario Balotelli drove out of Milanello at 13.30 after saying good-bye to his team-mates and the club's press staff.

Sky sources learned on Thursday that Liverpool had approached Milan about the former Manchester City striker's availability just weeks after Brendan Rodgers denied making a move, and it appears things are moving along quickly.

Rodgers has made no secret of his wish to bring in a new forward following Luis Suarez's summer departure, but any chance of Balotelli coming appeared dead in the water earlier this summer.

Speaking on Liverpool's tour of the United States, Rodgers said: "I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool."

Rodgers was instead targeting Monaco's Radamel Falcao, but the Colombia striker's preference is a move to Real Madrid. Balotelli's three seasons at City were blighted by trouble, on and off the field, although he did manage 30 goals for the club in all competitions.

Seems like Liverpool already printing Balotelli's jersey, thoughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

MILAN - Mario Balotelli drove out of Milanello at 13.30 after saying good-bye to his team-mates and the club's press staff.

Sky sources learned on Thursday that Liverpool had approached Milan about the former Manchester City striker's availability just weeks after Brendan Rodgers denied making a move, and it appears things are moving along quickly.

Rodgers has made no secret of his wish to bring in a new forward following Luis Suarez's summer departure, but any chance of Balotelli coming appeared dead in the water earlier this summer.

Speaking on Liverpool's tour of the United States, Rodgers said: "I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool."

Rodgers was instead targeting Monaco's Radamel Falcao, but the Colombia striker's preference is a move to Real Madrid. Balotelli's three seasons at City were blighted by trouble, on and off the field, although he did manage 30 goals for the club in all competitions.

Seems like Liverpool already printing Balotelli's jersey, thoughts?

Comments
ashwin1729 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Rodgers was able to manage Suarez, who I thought would get out of hand. While Balo is definitely ahead of Suarez in antics, if Rodgers is able to manage him, then he deserves to be the best in EPL after Mou.

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I like Rodergs a lot . Only reason why I would cheer for Liverpool in some matches .

I am sure he will find solution for Balotelli . Rodgers is surprisingly came out to be very confident about his philosophy and very smart since he came to EPL .

• History

I like Rodergs a lot . Only reason why I would cheer for Liverpool in some matches .

I am sure he will find solution for Balotelli . Rodgers is surprisingly came out to be confident about his philosophy and very smart since he came to EPL .

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Balo is inconsistent, he seems not have matured yet, half angel/half devil, he was already world class at 18yo, but he never changed his behaviour and never got a full season...
I dont know what to think about this, but its Balo its only up to him if he does the efforts or not. I personally wont see him in my team if i was a coach, i would prefer a less talented player who gives everything to the team and teammates.
I think Mou thinks the same.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Balotelli is also world wide celebrity . So shirts will sell and give little more supporters to Liverpool . I am sure Rodergs spoke to him before he took him in . I am confident Balo will be cool and hard working under him .

KTBFFHSWE 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I wonder why they are ready to let him go to Liverpool for only 16m, though.. Still, I think he'll do good in Liverpool and as I've said before, if Liverpool lands a good forward they might end up as PLtitle candidates..

• History

I wonder why they are ready to let him go to Liverpool for only 16m,
though.. Still, I think he'll do good in Liverpool and as I've said
before, if Liverpool lands a good forward they might end up as PL
title candidates..

KTBFFHSWE 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

With that being said^. I wouldn't want him at Chelsea.

nandaYNWA 10 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

really dont know how to feel about this :/ on the one hand, he is this young, exciting striker who on a good day, can tear apart defenses. but on the other hand, he is this erratic, inconsistent and somewhat attention seeking footballer. what is the point of replacing a controversial striker with another controversial striker? hahaha

bluezz 10 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

Balotelli for 16m and he already has played in EPL before so yeah this is a f*cking good deal.
I would love too have him at Chelsea as well

Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

I highly doubt he will leave. Pippo still needs him. Milan is his childhood club.. Also, why would he want to live in Liverpool? If he thought Manchester was bad, wait till he goes to to Scouse city. haha..

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

^Dude, it's already official. There is no 'doubt' now. He's off to 'Pool. :/

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Hes in a medical wolfie I think its done

Wolfie 10 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Oh haha.. this is going to end well. Can't imagine it was Rogers decision. Oh well, atleast we'll be entertained by what he does. So now he's LADOTELLI again.. ;) Liverpool sold Suarez because of his unpredictability and volatile behaviour and are replacing him with the one guy who's is possibly more insane than him. Good business Liverpool!
That said, will be interesting to see if he can form a strike partnership with Sturridge. Could be a great gamble from Liverpool. Also, I just seen that there is a behaviour clause in the contract similar to that of Suarez in fcb..
I'm sure Milan was hoping Balo would have a better WC so they could have gotten more for the transfer.. But typical Mario wasn't going to let that happen.
Galliani really messed of though.. 16m is too little for Balo.. Milan should have kept him for at least another season.

• History

Oh haha.. this is going to end well. Can't imagine it was Rogers decision. Oh well, atleast we'll be entertained by what he does. So now he's LADOTELLI again.. ;) Liverpool sold Suarez because of his unpredictability and volatile behaviour and are replacing him with the one guy who's is possibly more insane than him. Good business Liverpool!
That said, will be interesting to see if he can form a strike partnership with Sturridge. Could be a great gamble from Liverpool. Aso, I just seen that there is a behaviour clause in the contract similar to that of Suarez in fcb..
I'm sure Milan was hoping Balo would have a better WC so they could have gotten more for the transfer.. But typical Mario wasn't going to let that happen.

That said, will be interesting to see if he can form a strike partnership with Sturridge. Could be a great gamble from Liverpool. Aso, I just seen that there is a behaviour clause in the contract similar to that of Suarez in fcb..
Galliani really messed of though.. 16m is too little for Balo.. Milan should have kept him for at least another season.

Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Here's an exclusive picture of Balotelli's medical! He looks nervous..

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Tuanis
"Where are the Milan fans of this forum at? I would love to know their opinion about this."

talking with me? :'D
i'm visiting my parents in Italy and the connection sucks, couldn't be that much around.
frankly, on Balo, i think it's a mistake. i mean, yes hes' not consistent, yes he has characterial issues... still the guy is 23yo and scored 34 goals in 58 matches during his period at Milan, with mediocre team mates. also, that prick af Galliani sold our major jersey seller... and what makes me sad the most, is what comes next. i've heard of Torres, if that happens i'll stop following ACM untill the bald man will serve the club. i can't ruin my health on this anymore. many ACM fans are happy about this move, i am not. selling Balo to buy players of the likes of Torres? the bald guy is gone nuts.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Should we have bought him as a rotational player?

Nah we have Drogba for now and could buy someone like Berardi, Destro, Mitrovic, Fischer or Aubameyang next season.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Keep faith Shpalmann. Milan should concentrate in youngsters, they have some few world class ones, can pick others with reasonable price tags and build the future. I dont like the mamangement at all like you said.

• History

Keep faith Shpalmann.

Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Why always him?

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

After a Suarez they got Ballotelli!

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Here's a little more on a breaking news line we brought you earlier, with Mario Balotelli having arrived at Liverpool’s Melwood training ground as his £16m move to Anfield from AC Milan edges closer to completion. The flamboyant striker flew into Liverpool airport earlier this morning where he was picked up in an official club car and driven to the club's training ground.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002