Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United vs Tottenham Post Game Talk
Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

Welp, that game was fun to watch but really one sided. Glad United won, thought they really deserved it. Tottenham been really bad against top 6 team this season and still don't quite understand how they so high in the table.

I mean, they haven't been bad (especially against team they should beat) but considering how good they've been at time last season, I was really hoping Tottenham would take that momentum and be one of the most prolific team in the league in term of goal at least. I mean, how do you go from Son and Kane being the best duo of the league to them looking timid and unconfident every rare time they are on the ball? In this game, they just never felt dangerous at any point at least.

As for United, they are starting to look really good for me, great pressing, great individual player like Antony (could have gotten a goal with his curling shot early in the game), solid at the back without Maguire (sorry man) and just all in all way more active and invested that in previous seasons.

On the negative, I wish Rasford could fully find back his confidence from his best season, should have gotten a goal in this game imho. Also, Bruno nowhere near as consistent as he should be but what a player he is at his highest, just wish he could reproduce the form he had the first half a season he had at United, he was so good.

All in all, I'm pretty convinced by United current direction and form, they definitely seem like they are improving. Some would argue that considering what they spend this summer, that is to be expected but we seen in the past that spending widly isn't enough without a plan. Ten Haag half convinced me that his plan working.

Now for a finale point on Tottenham, I'm really starting to think they developed too much of an underdog complex. I know Conte love to create a 'we against the others' atmosphere in his team but I'd be arguing he done it too well because they look completely nervous whenever playing another big six team...

Thats it from me, what are you thought guys?

Comments
iHEARTfootball 2 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

All I'm going to say is that Ten Hag has my support for his handling of Ronaldo. You don't just refuse to play and leave the pitch like that, not on your teammates. Not on anyone. End of the day, he's still a player under contract, and Ten Hag's the manager. You need to respect the manager's decision.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

All I'm going to say is, Ten Hag has my support for his handling of Ronaldo. You don't just refuse to play and leave the pitch like that, not on your teammates. Not on anyone. End of the day, he's still a player under contract, and Ten Hag's the manager. You need to respect the manager's decision.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Completely agree, don't care what a career and rep a player has, no one above the club and the manager. Apparently, Ronaldo will miss the next game because of that. Considering he's looking to get playing time to get into the right set of mind for the WC, I think its a good punishement.

Love Erik Ten Haag attitude as well, doesn't seem like the kind of guy who gonna let anyone walk over him.

As for Ronaldo, its a realy shame, he's undermining United good performance with his antic. Hope he wise up and try to figure things out better because right now he's looking like an immature youth.

Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Disagree completely. The career and rep of a player matters. Players like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar are bigger than their clubs. Ronaldo was right to deny coming on as a late sub, he should be the first name on the team sheet.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Footy No way, its like saying you should play big name above player getting you points. I mean, sure Ronaldo has had a greater career than anyone currently at United and he certainly not done like a lot of people say. But its currently not working for him in this version of United. He gotten old and changed, he doesn't win United games anymore. At least not in the gameplan of Erik ten Haag.

PSG had similar problem where player were constantly undermining the coach authority by calling Nasser and complaining when they didn't like how they were used in the squad. This is no way to build a solid team.

I mean, look at Arsenal, you don't have big name player creating drama and everyone is listening to the coach and pulling in the same direction.

iHEARTfootball 2 years ago

Disagree completely. The career and rep of a player matters. Players like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar are bigger than their clubs. Ronaldo was right to deny coming on as a late sub, he should be the first name on the team sheet.

Obvious troll is obvious, lol.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Well, I personally don't really mind Footy_watch take, even if they are sometime really unpopular. At the very least, he spice up the forum a bit and don't really break any major rule.

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

No player is bigger than the club. Shame on Ronaldo for playing these childish games and that is what will ding his reputation, not coming on as a sub. Clearly, something is going on behind the scenes and the fact that no team is poking around to see if they can't take him off United's hands is also telling.

As a competitor, he will always want to play and start, but the sun eventually does set on all of us. He should be focused on how he can help make this team better over stomping off when he doesn't get his way. It is hard for him, yes. He has been at the top for so long and for good reason, an earned reason. Even still, time is 100% on all of us, and now is his time to take a few different steps.

He can still ball, heck all the old farts can still play, just not at that speed and endurance anymore.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Im not trolling. They don't have a better striker than Ronaldo. None of them even come close to even the current Ronaldo.

The older players that we got rid of were not even half as good as Ronaldo so you can't make that comparison.

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Footy_watch No doubt he is the best striker United has currently, but he can't play the full 90 now, not in the way Ten wants his team to press. I value him more in a sub role but he needs to be used in key timeframes. If he can't go a full 90, what about a good 45? His acumen and skill will reward the team, but he has to have his legs under him to do it.

Also, what are the stats on the minutes played with him on the pitch? Also, which matches are we talking about, EPL, Europe, or League Cups?

I don't disagree that having him is important and we all see his contributions, but he has to be used smartly in Ten's system.

Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11432

@footy_watch The problem with the stat you shared is that they just compare the form of the team with or without Ronaldo and not even on the same amount of match.

If you look at the stat for the premier league only, Ronaldo has 1 goal and 0 assist in 8 PL games. This is not good enough for a striker which main positive point is scoring goal wouldn't you say? Statistic is easy to take out of context.

Maybe Ronaldo help the team as a leader but if that one of his good point, he certainly risk hurting it by acting like a spoiled brat.

Technically, even Ronaldo released a message where he concede he propably shouldn't have acted this way.

Heck, him and Ten Haag never close the door to discussion and now he's back in the team. But I think it was still important to punish him because if he consistently to that, he disminish the importance of Ten Haag (and having a coach who has no control over his team is not effective at all).

• History

@footy_watch The problem with the stat you shared is that tehy just compare the form of the team with or without Ronaldo and not even on the same amount of match.

If you look at the stat for the premier league only, Ronaldo has 1 goal and 0 assist in 8 PL games. This is not good enough for a striker which main positive point is scoring goal wouldn't you say? Statistic is easy to take out of context.

Maybe Ronaldo help the team as a leader but if that one of his good point, he certainly risk hurting it by acting like a spoiled brat.

Technically, even Ronaldo released a message where he concede he propably shouldn't have acted this way.

Heck, him and Ten Haag never close the door to discussion and now he's back in the team. But I think it was still important to punish him because if he consistently to that, he disminish the importance of Ten Haag (and having a coach who has no control over his team is not effective at all).

iHEARTfootball 1 year ago Edited

Footy_watch isn't wrong when he's implying that we should be extremely lucky to still have Ronaldo's signature for a two year contract, however. He's shown every reason why he should still be in Ten Hag's mind, based on his performance last season. And he is still in Ten Hag's mind. If Footy's implying that Ronaldo should always be in the starting line-up, then that's where I would disagree. As Darth footy said:

Also, what are the stats on the minutes played with him on the pitch? Also, which matches are we talking about, EPL, Europe, or League Cups? I don't disagree that having him is important and we all see his contributions, but he has to be used smartly in Ten's system.

Right on the money. Ronaldo has only been used as a sub throughout most of his appearance thus far, this season. Most of the work should be creditted to Ten Hag's management.

Ten Hag's consistently says in all his press conferences that Ronaldo is in his plans for the rest of the season. Doesn't matter how he'll be used. In fact, it shouldn't. And based on our results so far, it only justifies Ten Hag's successful man-management. I'm on Ten Hag's side on this. To be honest, anything is better than the shitshow we saw last season.

If Ronaldo wants to leave, ofc I wouldn't blame nor dearly miss him. Guy's trying to cement his records and Ten Hag doesn't seem to be licking his boots (and rightly so). Ten Hag's doing this all for the betterment of our club, not for Ronaldo.

• History

Also, what are the stats on the minutes played with him on the pitch? Also, which matches are we talking about, EPL, Europe, or League Cups? I don't disagree that having him is important and we all see his contributions, but he has to be used smartly in Ten's system.

Right on the money. Ronaldo has only been used as a sub throughout most of his appearance thus far, this season. Most of the work should be creditted to Ten Hag's management.

Footy_watch isn't wrong when he's implying that we should be extremely lucky to still have Ronaldo's signature for a two year contract, however. He's shown every reason why he should still be in Ten Hag's mind, based on his performance last season. And he is still in Ten Hag's mind.

Ten Hag's consistently says in all his press conferences that Ronaldo is in his plans for the rest of the season. Doesn't matter how he'll be used. In fact, it shouldn't, and based on our results so far justifies Ten Hag's man-management. I'm on Ten Hag's side on this.