Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United vs Barcelona pre-season friendly
ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Manchester United will play Barcelona in a pre-season friendly in Gothenburg on 8 August.

The pair have met each other in two of the previous four Champions League finals, with Barcelona winning both.

They last met in a friendly in Washington DC last summer, with United winning 2-1.

The fixture will be Tito Vilanova's first experience of United as Barcelona's new coach after taking the reins from Pep Guardiola.

Both sides finished second in their respective leagues last season, with Sir Alex Ferguson's men losing their Premier League title to rivals Manchester City andBarcelona finishing behind Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid.

It will be only the second time United have played in Gothenburg and will be the fourth leg of a world pre-season tour that also includes matches in South Africa, China and Norway.

United chief executive David Gill said: "Manchester United against Barcelona is one of the top fixtures in world football and we are delighted to work with GotEvent to bring this match to the beautiful city of Gothenburg.

"We have a large following throughout Scandinavia and it's great that this match will form part of our preparations for the new season."

Both sides finished second in their respective leagues last season, with Sir Alex Ferguson's men losing their Premier League title to rivals Manchester City andBarcelona finishing behind Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid.

It will be only the second time United have played in Gothenburg and will be the fourth leg of a world pre-season tour that also includes matches in South Africa, China and Norway.

United chief executive David Gill said: "Manchester United against Barcelona is one of the top fixtures in world football and we are delighted to work with GotEvent to bring this match to the beautiful city of Gothenburg.

"We have a large following throughout Scandinavia and it's great that this match will form part of our preparations for the new season."

Comments
Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Oooohoho~ a match between Man Utd and Barcelona; always a pleasure to watch.

IMO, I think Man Utd are capable of pulling this one off. Although Vilanova snatched Jordi Alba away from Ferguson's hands, Ferguson is still planning to bring Leighton Baines, whom he admires very dearly, in to Man Utd, which will still be a pretty good addition to the club.

However, Pep Guardiola was the only Barcelona manager capable of giving Ferguson a real hard time, so I believe Man Utd are going to pull this one off once again, since Vilanova has never faced Ferguson before in a match.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kagawa into action; I think he, Rooney, and another Man U striker can be a very daunting attacking force.

Good luck anyway, Bayern Munich needs to improve as well since Borussia Dortmund are getting in our way!

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@heinsburg should be good! i think barca will win or it will finish 2-2! I am looking forward to seeing Jordi Alba and Shinji Kawaga play... 

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

Heisinburg- Vilanova was the baça's second coach and he know everything Pep were doing. So I see him capable to give to Ferguson a real fight. Vilanova have been contributed to win the 14/18 titles that barça won in the last 4 years and Guardiola said that he helped him a lot and that without Vilanova he couldn't win everything he won. I hope that Vilanova will triomph like Guardiola did in his first year when nothing believed in him. Also he have better players than Guardiola has in his first year.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

This was one of the only pic's i could find that didn't say: CL final

bambhose 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 0 124

it will be a great match to watch 

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

bambhose what team do you  actually support?

Scholes_legendary 12 years ago
Man United, England 0 362

it should be intresting to see how barca play with there new coach, I hope kagawa plays in this game!

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463