L koscielny Calf/Shin
D OSpina Hip/Thigh
M Ozil LCL Knee ligament
M Debuchy Ankle
O Giroud Tibia
M Arteta hamstring
S Gnabry knee

What do you think United's starting line up will be? and also Arsenals
and what do you think the Scoreline will be?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

injury list:
L ShawHamstring Injury22nd Nov 14Late Fit Test A Di MariaAnkle/Foot Injury22nd Nov 14 D BlindMCL Knee Ligament Injuryno return date D De GeaFinger Injury22nd Nov 14 M CarrickGroin/Pelvis Injury22nd Nov 14Late Fit Test M RojoDislocated Shoulder8th Dec 14 RafaelGroin/Pelvis Injury8th Dec 14 A YoungGroin/Pelvis Injuryno return date P JonesCalf/Shin Injury8th Dec 14 R FalcaoCalf/Shin Injury8th Dec 14 J EvansAnkle/Foot Injury22nd Nov 14Late Fit Test J LingardKnee Injury

injury list:
L ShawHamstring
A Di MariaAnkle/Foot
D Blind MCL Knee Ligament
D De GeaFinger Injury
Carrick Groin/Pelvis
M Rojo Dislocated Shoulder
RafaelGroin/Pelvis
A YoungGroin/Pelvis
JonesCalf/Shin
R FalcaoCalf/Shin
J EvansAnkle/Foot
J LingardKnee Injury

Injury list:
United:
L ShawHamstring
A Di MariaAnkle/Foot
D De GeaFinger Injury
Carrick Groin/Pelvis
RafaelGroin/Pelvis
A YoungGroin/Pelvis
JonesCalf/Shin
R FalcaoCalf/Shin
J EvansAnkle/Foot
J LingardKnee Injury

Arsenal
D welbeck Hamstring
L koscielny Calf/Shin
D OSpina Hip/Thigh
M Ozil LCL Knee ligament
M Debuchy Ankle

Injury list:
United:
L ShawHamstring
A Di MariaAnkle/Foot
D De GeaFinger Injury
Carrick Groin/Pelvis
RafaelGroin/Pelvis
A YoungGroin/Pelvis
JonesCalf/Shin
R FalcaoCalf/Shin
J EvansAnkle/Foot
J LingardKnee Injury

Arsenal
D welbeck Hamstring
L koscielny Calf/Shin
D OSpina Hip/Thigh
M Ozil LCL Knee ligament
M Debuchy Ankle
O Giroud Tibia
M Arteta hamstring
S Gnabry knee

Injury list:
United:
L ShawHamstring
A Di MariaAnkle/Foot
D De GeaFinger Injury
Carrick Groin/Pelvis
RafaelGroin/Pelvis
A YoungGroin/Pelvis
JonesCalf/Shin
R FalcaoCalf/Shin
J EvansAnkle/Foot
J LingardKnee Injury

Arsenal
D welbeck Hamstring
L koscielny Calf/Shin
D OSpina Hip/Thigh
M Ozil LCL Knee ligament
M Debuchy Ankle
O Giroud Tibia
M Arteta hamstring
S Gnabry knee

Comments
Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I am loosing all my faith in Wenger .... I am starting to agree , it is time for old man to leave .

• History

I am loosing all my fate in Wenger .... I am starting to agree , it is time for old men to leave .

manchesterutI 9 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

Marcus, I think you mean faith not fate XD. I said it in a different post that Arsenal made a huge mistake on not getting Song on loan from Barca. He would be perfect for them in that DM position. Also, in a different post, I called Wenger retiring at the end of the season. He is too stubborn to evolve the way that football has in the recent years. He's still stuck in the Invincible's era and refuses to adapt.

expertfootball11 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I know this man gave a lot for Arsenal, but Wenger needs to leave. He bought lots of players but cannot take advantage of them. Many of them cannot express their full capability and no results at the end. Also sack the medical team, there is no way for a big team like Arsenal to keep losing players for a very long time (Ozil 10 weeks), they need to cure them better because they are going down now and they gonna continue if they dont do anyhting.

• History

I know this man game a lot for Arsenal, but Wenger needs to leave. He bought lots of players but cannot take advantage of them. Many of them cannot express their full capability and no results at the end. Also sack the medical team, there is no way for a big team like Arsenal to keep losing players for a very long time (Ozil 10 weeks), they need to cure them better because they are going down now and they gonna continue if they dont do anyhting.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@mahcesterut

I tend to make tons of grammatical mistakes . English is not one of my strongest languages . Thanks for correction )).

Very good point about Song . I completely forgot about that man . What the hell was Wenger thinking ?
Things like that are clear indication this man is loosing sense of modern football . Prior to United game I still believed he is still right man for Arsenal . Well now I believe he is right man to keep Arsenal outsiders in title race every year which is perfect for us .

Alishar Usmanov ( Shareholder ) said this :

“Everybody makes mistakes. He can make mistakes and I know as you age it is more difficult, more challenging to accept one’s mistakes. Does [Wenger] have money or not? There is officially money in the club.

Arsenal is a dream that sometimes becomes a mirage and sometimes a pain as every dream. [The] potential of the team is there but there is no critical evaluation of mistakes and they need to need to acknowledge them. Because no genius can retain the same level of genius if they do not acknowledge mistakes. It’s only when you admit your mistakes that you can get rid of them. "

Reason why Wenger still at Arsenal because board likes that he keeps club in top 4, does not spend much ( by board instructions IMO ) and does what board tells him. Wenger is hoping to finish career at Arsenal like Ferguson , but that is not going to happen ever with the way things are going . Wenger's stubborn attitude is going to ruin Arsenal , his career and his legacy at Arsenal.

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

United had more than half of their regular starting playing

@Marcus2011, lol what? Understate much? In what world missing 5 regular starters equate to fielding a strong team? Rojo, Blind, Jones, Rafael and Evans were all missing and they would have ALL started ahead of Blackett, McNair, Smalling, Valencia and Young, who came on for Luke Shaw because of injury, had we played a 5-4-1 formation. Our defense was very disorganized in the first 35 minutes to the point where De Gea did not trust the 3 center-backs well enough to play from the back. United should've lost that game. The fact that we didn't is a testament to how great De Gea played and how poor Arsenal were at converting their chances.

If United or Arsenal looses managers throw the blame on injuries

You should watch the post-match interview, because it was interesting. This was actually one of the few instances where Wenger and LVG could have made those excuses, but didn't. Injuries happen. I am sure you didn't blame Costa's injury on poor training/managing on Chelsea. Sometimes you get unlucky.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

I meant that there was not much of a difference in terms of quality defending according to the match performance of the defenders . Youngsters did very well . I know Rojo and Blind are quality but not sure about Jones, Rafael and Evans because I don't watch many United games but I see United fans constantly bash them and call them crap . Therefore not much of a loss IMO .

I don't think United should have lost that much , but I think draw would have been fair for both .

"You should watch the post-match interview, because it was interesting. This was actually one of the few instances where Wenger and LVG could have made those excuses, but didn't. Injuries happen.

I will watch the interview and this time i guess they did not use those excuses after Mourinho made comments about Van Gal complaining about injuries. ( Journalist asked him about our injuries and he said 'we deal with it we don't cry over it ' something in that manner ", I don't completely agree with Jose , because sometimes too many injuries do make you want to cry )

I am sure you didn't blame Costa's injury on poor training/managing on Chelsea. Sometimes you get unlucky."

No. I blamed Del Busque for it . Mourinho hinted him and probably told him not to use Costa during friendlies , but Del Busque just had to prove to us that he can be a stubborn d*ck . Probably because he strongly dislikes Mourinho .

• History

I meant that there was not much of a difference in terms of quality defending according to the match performance of the defenders . Youngsters did very well . I know Rojo and Blind are quality but not sure about Jones, Rafael and Evans because I don't watch many United games but I see United fans constantly bash them and call them crap . Therefore not much of a loss IMO .

I don't think United should have lost that much , but I think draw would have been fair for both .

"You should watch the post-match interview, because it was interesting. This was actually one of the few instances where Wenger and LVG could have made those excuses, but didn't. Injuries happen.

I will watch the interview and this time i guess they did not use those excuses after Mourinho made comments about Van Gal complaining about injuries. ( Journalist asked him about our injuries and he said 'we deal with it we don't cry over it ' something in that manner ", I don't completely agree sometimes too many injuries make you want to cry )

I am sure you didn't blame Costa's injury on poor training/managing on Chelsea. Sometimes you get unlucky."

• No. I blamed Del Busque for it . Mourinho hinted him and probably told him not to use Costa during friendlies , but Del Busque just had to prove to us that he can be a stubborn d*ck . Probably because he is strongly dislikes Mourinho .

I will watch the interview and this time i guess they did not use those excuses after Mourinho made comments about Van Gal complaining about injuries. ( Journalist asked him about our injuries and he said 'we deal with it we don't cry over it ' something in that manner ", I don't completely agree with Jose , because sometimes too many injuries do make you want to cry )

No. I blamed Del Busque for it . Mourinho hinted him and probably told him not to use Costa during friendlies , but Del Busque just had to prove to us that he can be a stubborn d*ck . Probably because he is strongly dislikes Mourinho .

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Marcus: Actually, theGame is right. We should have been down 3 goals at the half, if not for DeGea's crazy stops. This was not the best way to earn 3 points, but they do matter. The defense was shit for the first half, and no where near equality in performance.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Most of the shots if not all of them were not that hard to save. Any decent GK would have save them except for the goal obviously. De Gea did great as usual but I think the only reason we won is because Arsenal didnt do what they were supposed to. A circumstantial win for United. One lucky off-target shot that ended in our first goal, and another counter attack produced because of the entire Arsenal team losing their heads with no idea of what to do to equalise a game they should be winning by a big margin.

We didnt win, Arsenal lost. I dont mean to start an argument here or anything but this game should worry Arsenal fans and anyone related to the team a lot more than it currently is. This kind of games evidence more than what it looks like. To have a key game against a team like United, fighting for a place in the table very needed against a direct rival, having possession in the entire game, having the chances and finally the rival team against the ropes and not only not being able to get the task done but also failing to even get 1pt at home. That is something to really worry about.

As of United, this were our 3pts Xmas gift, they were literally given to us by Arsenal. We cant be happy at all with this game because, again, we didn't win. It was Arsenal who lost.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuanis

On the contrary, I believe that only a GK of the caliber of De Gea could've made those saves. Some of those were top class saves. De Gea is right up there as one of the top 5 GK's in the world right now.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Well maybe I underrated his saves but what I mean is that Arsenal could have done better and De Gea not necessarily won us the game. De Gea is one of the best keepers in the world right now precisely because of the horrible defending United's been having lately. You better not take it away from us, seriously, please, its all we've got.. RM has got Navas who is more than capable of having the starting role at the club :)

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Tuanis: I thought they were pretty impressive saves...especially Wilshere's 1o1. On the contrary, Arsenal did exactly what they were trained to do...play good ball, but not finish. Actually with any other keeper, we could have easily been down 2-0. A constant theme of their inability to finish over the last few years. Any one who calls for Wenger's head needs to realize that there are not many coaches who can do what he does. I'm sure they will finish 4th again, but gambling on another coach may not be a great idea.

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Dynastian, exactly! The saves seemed easy because his positioning was just phenomenal.

Lodatz 9 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Re: Vertonghen:

Oh come on. Sure it should have been a yellow, but Ramirez DID clearly take away Vertonghen's legs. Here, you can see it:

It's a little late for people to start complaining about red cards for this, or else we should probably mention a few more, such as:

Just sayin'.