Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Discussions
ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

So Jose Mourinho has been unveiled as the Manchester United manager and he's made a few points about what United's direction will be in the next season. Here are the highlights

1. Wayne Rooney Will not play in midfield

• This means that Rooney will have to compete with Ibra, Martial, and Rashford for the starting position. For a change, this may actually be a blessing in disguise. Roo is still the best player at United, but he is far form the player he was 4 years ago.

2. He has promoted 49 youth players.

• I actually want to see the list here. I bet a number of these players
    belonged to Porto team from 2000's. And maybe a few at Real Madrid.

3.He didn't force Giggs out

• Giggs wanted Mou's job. And his explanation was perfectly a reasonable one as it was the club's decision to pick Jose over Giggs and he had no responsibility in it.

4.Rivalry with Pep

• EPL is not a 2-3 horse race (Spain/Italy) and focusing on one manager/team will lead to shortcomings against other teams. I have no problem with this explanation, but as long as he manages to beat City at least once a year, I would have no issues with it. Currently, the record stands 7-3 in favor of Pep with 6 draws alongside.

5.Transfers

• He has identified 4 players and has already signed 2 players- Bailly and Zlatan. He hinted that the 3rd one (Mkhitaryan). The 4th one is probably Pogba, and he said he will have all 4 transfers wrapped up soon.

• This is probably the biggest impact on the club as it will be interesting to see what formation he lines up with and how the youth players from LVG's era - Rashford, Jackson, Mensah- will fit into his plans. I believe these players deserve to play regularly as their potential can be seen, especially Rashford who has had a solid Euros.

6. Goals

• United will challenge for all cups, and his goal is not a 4th place. He wants a guaranteed UCL spot.

Your opinions?

Comments
Rowley 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 193

This season is going to be brilliant, but our club needs 1 thing, and thats more chemistry, players are moving in and out of different leagues and clubs, i may be wrong, but this is a big step for united

ashwin1729 8 years ago Edited

Pogba to Manchester United tomorrow....while he is an excellent player, 93.2 Mil is way over priced! Bad business from Mou and Woodard.

[My predicted formation for this season...

http://www.footballuser.com/1489103/Manchester_United

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Pogba to Manchester United tomorrow....while he is an excellent player, 93.2 Mil is way over priced! Bad business from Mou and Woodard.

My predicted formation for this season...

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@ashwin

Wouldn't work. Pogba and Herrera are wasted playing that deep, and they'd have to play that deep if Shaw was going on adventures. I'd recommend swapping Herrera for Schniederlin.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

POGBA TO HAVE MEDICAL AT AON TRAINING COMPLEX

#POGBACK

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

On another note, first trophy under Mourinho for United. What do you guys think? :D

ashwin1729 8 years ago

@Sun:

Pogba will play the holding midfielder role...the Makalele role...a little more refined where he will contribute to attack as well... Herrera will actually play a little forward...to link up midfield and attack...I put a 4-2-3-1, but they'll play like a 4-3-3...

ashwin1729 8 years ago

I believe after today's game, we could have a new partner for Pogba...Fellaini played the Makelele very well..

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@ash I missed the game but I heard that Fellaini had a impressive game, considering I alway liked him, it really make me happy to think he could succeed at United. Anyway, great game from United, I feel like Zlatan is getting more comfortable with the rest of the team, I remember his incredible pass to Rooney. He haven't lost it yet. :D

ashwin1729 8 years ago

@Embot: This season will define Fellaini's Utd career and hpw the fans will remember him.

ashwin1729 8 years ago

Issue with Fellaini is that he has the physical tools to be a CDM, but Moyes and LVG played him all over the pitch. Fellaini himself said he wants to play like Keane...I guess we will see what kind of impact Mou will have on him as the season progresses...

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Ash I just hope he succeed in any case. :)