Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester Derby Post Discussion
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

So, City won again, thanks to defensive error pherhap but it doesn't change the fact theiy are now 11 point clear of their closest rival. Thought on the game and on what it mean?

Personaly, two player really marked me in this game, Ederson with that point blank stop against both Lukaku and Mata, that was superb, even if think that if he continue like that against other big team, he propably gonna have more head injury in a single season than some player in their career. The other player is Lukaku... Who doesn't seem very good at clearing ball it seem. :(

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

City didn't have Stones, Mendy, Kompany got injured halftime and Aguero didn't even play so it's kinda an excuse.

I understand but for CIty that's not a problem as they got 2 defensive lineups that are top quality, for any other side if they had had missing someone like Stones and Mendy it would have been a big problem but not for City. Even with Kompany getting off there is Mangala to fill in lol...Still I get your point.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Well Pogba is our best player, I know City missed some of their key players too, but Pogba proved more vital to our game than those names that City missed, excuses or not doesn't matter. What matter is we lost, and with Pogba we might have had a better chance.

@Emo: the stupid clash....
I think it's embarrassing from both sides!!! But very classless from Man City. Cheering after an important rivalry win is one thing, blasting music in an away changing room is another. I am not sure how loud it was, but I wouldn't find it surprising if it was VERY loud.
That provokes unnecessary tension. We do know both teams have some less-class-act players and that music crap might be problematic.

Mourinho is strong headed and can be a sore-loser sometimes, he of course went there and complaint. I am with him, although, he shouldn't have done that. Let the security handle it!

Then Ederson had a word fight with him and *some disrespectful twts from Man City threw an empty bottle at Mou's head**. And that was it!!!!, the 2 teams jumped on each other, Arterta also got a bottle to his head....

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well Pogba is our best player, I know City missed some of their key players too, but Pogba proved more vital to our game than those names that City missed, excuses or not doesn't matter. What matter is we lost, and with Pogba we might have had a better chance.

@Emo: the stupid clash....
I think it's embarrassing from both sides!!! But very classless from Man City. Cheering after an important rivalry win is one thing, blasting music in an away changing room is another. I am not sure how loud it was, but I wouldn't find it surprising if it was VERY loud.
That provokes unnecessary tension. We do know both teams have some less-class-act players and that music crap might be problematic.

Mourinho is strong headed and can be a sore-loser sometimes, he of course went there and complaint. I am with him, although, he shouldn't have done that. Let the security handle it!

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I also think if Pogba played there would have been different result perhaps. I wouldn't dare to say a win but a solid draw after all he is one of the best players in the world.

At the same time I don't think one man could have saved United from their shameful defending therefore people need to get off the Lukakus case but also look into the fact that United allowed City to play their football and eventually scrappy goals came with resilience.

Lukaku is such confusing player because he has an amazing potential but just can't do it in a big match. I always said that when you play for club like Everton and scoring goals against big team, it shouldn't suddenly qualify you as an amazing striker that deserves better team. Playing for a club like United requires a ticker skin and 60K+ fans pressuring you with chants to score. When someone said he is better than Drogba ( you know yourselves) I chuckled at the level of ignorance . Drogba was one man army upfront meanwhile Lukaku can't even properly hit the ball to clear it out of the box. Holly sh*t, does that guy have an awful first touch!!

Also when I look at the United squad, I have doubts that they could have brought anyone that would have changed incredible amount of possession City had enjoyed. Again that is where Pogbas flair and distribution would have been fantastic. United reminds me of Stoke City at times when they are playing without key players.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

DarthFooty 6 years ago Edited
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1104

If I am being honest, City did play better, but neither team deserved the win. It was not an attractive game with true chances hard to come by. City were gifted their goals but that happens sometimes and is part of the game.

Tall, big forwards do defend on corners and set plays, so Lukaku being there is part of the strategy. Sadly his lack of quality or panic caused the goals. Funny enough, in my own game locally, I miss kicked a clearance and it only went about 10 yards after reaching space, but we got to it and got it out. Even more funny is I am not a defender, nor am I tall. haha

We did miss Pogba, but that is not why we lost the game!

I love the breakdown of the locker room scuffle. Wonder how the FA comes down on both teams if they decide to do anything at all.

• History

If I am being honest, City did play better, but neither team deserved the win. It was not an attractive game with true chances hard to come by. City were gifted their goals but that happens sometimes and is part of the game.

Tall, big forwards do defend on corners and set plays, so Lukaku being there is part of the strategy. Sadly his lack of quality or panic caused the goals. Funny enough, in my own game locally, I miss kicked a clearance and it only went about 10 yards after reaching space, but we got to it and got it out. Even more funny is I am not a defender, nor a I tall. haha

We did miss Pogba, but that is not why we lost the game!

I love the breakdown of the locker room scuffle. Wonder how the FA comes down on both teams if they decide to do anything at all.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Nah mate, DarthFooty: Man City deserved their win, we played at home and parked the bus, had a weird line up... they were trying to attack us...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@tuan_jinn The problem are the possible ban for both side, Btw, I think it was a total lack of respect from city to threat Mourinho this way even if he was oversteping his bounds imo. A man his age doesn't deserve to get water, milk or a bottle thrown in his face like MC player did no matter if he act poorly.

@quikzyyy Interesting to hear Luke Shaw was among the player coming to Mou help at first. Also, Michael Carrick the voice of reason trying to stop the fight. Where you found that btw mate?

@DarthFooty I really don't think they can ignore something like that, the FA I mean.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

The home team which is us will have bigger fine, since the security coudln't handle clash early enough. The one who threw bottle will receive fine too.

Despite MC being better, which is sad. I hope we can learn from this and unite together...

Talking about how much I hate Man City... and now, even more.... My blood is boiling just thinking of what they did in our home.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

There are reports that it was Romelu Lukaku who threw a bottle at Mikel Arteta in the clash in the Old Trafford tunnel.

Unconfirmed reports say that he took 12 touches to get it under control first ... but then again, it is surprising that he actually hit the target on that evening.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

@Marcus2011

Unconfirmed reports say that he took 12 touches to get it under control first ... but then again, it is surprising that he actually hit the target on that evening.

L O L

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Marcus Lukaku atm = enter image description here

• History

@Marcus Lukaku = enter image description here