Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester City VS Manchester United Post Game Talk
Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

What a crazy game that was, hat-trick by both Haaland and Foden, sensational strike from Anthony and a brace for Martial (:D).

First off, a feeling I had through the game was that United never looked quite catastrophic, it just felt to me City had ridiculous moment of brillance and United just couldn't keep up with them. And while its true that possession in the first half was kinda ridiculous, they come back strongly in the second half and if both half would have looked like that, I think it would have been a much closer game.

Worth nothing that I thought both team were very lethal and did an amazing job at finishing their chance, I think both keeper had less save than goal against them. Thats pretty rare and somewhat worrying as far as defense are concerned.

I honestly don't think United is not as far off from City level as some people make it sound, feel like City made the most of the home advantage and really turned up the intensity early.

As a final comment, I'm just gonna say Foden game was incredible, as was Haaland but thats nothing new. Also, I'm very impressed by Anthony, I was expecting him to be a Brazilian Sancho but he certainly seemed way more lethal and dangerous when given a chance.

Thought?

Comments
Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

I only watched the highlights. I just love it when Man Utd get battered.

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

City was super sharp in their finishing and looked quicker overall. The scoreline does not reflect the actual game, but City is still a few steps ahead of United right now. Having Haaland is a cheat code! haha

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Manchester is Blue🤷‍♂️

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

But on a more serious note… how many times have City thrashed United the last seasons?

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Not as much as your propably think, City have won every league games against United since the 2021-22 season and onward but in the two previous season (2019-20 and 2020-21), United never lost against City and won 3 time out of four games. The fact United haven't have been able to deal with City is very much a recent thing.

Fun fact, this game was the Manchester Derby with the largest total goal tally in a single game.

@DarthFooty Both teams really scored more than they should imho, they were amazingly clinical. Was a very nice game to watch as a neutral.

Tbf, despite maybe not being one of the greatest derby in European football, the Manchester Derby is by far one of my favorites and I got some great early football memory from some of their games (that Rashford goal in 2016 for example).

Greatone 2 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Surely you can't come out of that game with any positives as a Man U fan, the 3 looks alright like a second half comeback. But if you've watched the game then you realised how considerably Man C took their foot off the gas, how much they said idgaf and let Man U back into the game. Comparing their first half with the second you can see that if they had played with anywhere near the same motivation at all in the second half then there would've been an insane score-line. Man C barely got out of 3rd gear in that half.

Greatone 2 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

also: sidenote, is there a bot that runs that automatically downvotes any comments not from people who support Man U on the highlight pages? every single comment that's not by a fan is hugely downvoted on the Man C - Man U highlight page

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I don't think it's bot, it's probably one user multiaccounting, been happening for a while, but it's actually funny that he always finds time to dislike every comment which is not from united fan haha

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy @Greatone Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll concede I mostly check the forum only unless people flag other comments. I'll investigate this and see if I can do something about it.