Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester City vs Liverpool Post Game Discussion
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Soooooooooo, I know this game didn't have any bearing on the league table anymore but damn. What an utter domination from City. And what a poor game defensively from Liverpool, especially Gomez. He was pretty horrendous. Foden and Sterling both impressed me, they looked very good. For me, it was a game that was a lot about the England NT players. Also it was good to see Eric Garcia after his injury in the game against Arsenal. What are your thoughts?

Comments
DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

One team showed up and the other did not. Liverpool was outplayed and once they went down two, it was over.

Im sure Klopp said some things at the half, but it was not a team that looked like they wanted to really be there on the day. Some can argue that this is the Liverpool that played all year and just barely won matches, but you can't take that much of a point gap into this late of the season without playing some good football.

It will definitely make for some interesting talk for preseason.

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I honestly don't think there is a huge analysis to make from this game. However, there is something clear that the Liverpool squad that won this year isnt the best EPL squad ever to win it.

DarthFooty 4 years ago

And then City falls to Southampton today.

One thing for sure, the 3rd to 5th places will be pretty fun to watch.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Yep, to be honest, Southampton played really well in that game. Really goes to show that in the EPL even one of the weakest team can beat one of the strongest one when they perform well on the field. Though I suppose thats true more and more everywhere now.

As for who get the CL spot, its going to be fun indeed. Actually, really looking foward to the FA cup semi finals and the relegation battles as well this year.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Liverpool players were still drunk at the time.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Lol, hope it wasn't so, because if it were, that wasn't very proffessional from them. Though its obvious they must have party hard when its happned, I mean, its a first in 30 year. They might be less focused and motivated as well. Its hard to stay hungry when you know its already won.

DarthFooty 4 years ago

As much as a team would love to stay on track, to try and break records, there is a human mental break when you have accomplished the primary goal. It is so hard to stay laser-focused for that long, especially after such a long time for that title.