Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester City right now
Comments
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Raheem Sterling could have killed the game 10 times, so wasteful. How to destroy a season taste in 3 days lol.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

yeah some people say sterling is motm lmao. but how many times does silva and sane has to feed him to score.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tiki @baldgenius Yeah, I agree, he is mainly at fault but I also blame Pep on that, what is the big idea of not playing either Jesus or Aguero, those are striker, thats the position they should play. Unless he intend to play with 2 striker against Liverpool, it make zero sense for them both to be rested.

Also, this game showed what Pogba can do if given more attacking freedom, please Mou, from now on, let him get foward more!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tiki @baldgenius Yeah, I agree, he is mainly at fault but I also blame Pep on that, what is the big idea of not playing either Jesus or Aguero, those are striker, thats the position they should play. Unless he intend to play with 2 striker against Liverpool, it make zero sense for them both to be rested.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Pogba failed to make an impact on the entire game aside from his two goals... and he's only scored 3 in the entire PL season prior to today. He needs to mature, and for him to be this irrational and impatient with the ball at 25 years of age is alarming. United purchased him with the hope that he will become a world-class midfielder, but he's still a far cry from that. All I see is occasional flashes of brilliance accompanied with poor decision making and lazy marking.

City could have easily won if either of three things occurred, IMO:

• Atkinson called at least one penalty on the 3 occasions Ashley Young handled/fouled
  • One of Aguero or Jesus started the match
  • Sterling didn't waste 2-3 excellent chances
tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

But aside from being shit in front of the goal, he created many chances and assisted Gundogan. But still he is the main responsible of the comeback although City second half was disastrous...

• History

MOTM ? Lmao no. But aside from being shit in front of the goal, he created many chances and assisted Gundogan. But still he is the main responsible of the comeback although City second half was disastrous...

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@emobot7 you're right pogba goes well with freedom. matic and herrera covering him up, no need to compile his head with defensive instruction. he is the motm for me.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I don't see why this game is even a big deal. City will win the league regardless, sealing a double. Sure they blew a 2 goal lead but that's mainly because they eased off (thinking about Liverpool) and United started playing for their pride.

Sterling could have finished it off at 4-0 half time but he was wasteful, I guarantee you Pep hounded him for that.

City has had an impressive season and one match one change that. At least in my opinion. All that's left for them to attempt is an insane comeback. Anything can happen in football after all.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

A win's a win. Don't really care about how much City dominated the game, as long as the ball didn't go past the net, it means nothing. Manchester Derbies are all about pride, and for me personally, this game will stick around far longer than City winning the league.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast You're completely right mate! Pogba did well to score but was otherwise very poor all game long, he lost so many ball, especially gave back most of those he managed to win back.

@tiki Yeah, that pass for Gundogan was pretty good but that pretty the only really good thing he did all game long for me.

@thebaldgenius I think the problem is that Pogba is a player who like to play the ball in certain position so when he it in his own fall, he has a tendency to want to try and go higher on the pitch before passing it, to try and find a attacking player in a good position. Sadly, that mean he keep the ball too long sometime and lose it. I guess he is trying to hard to be creator despite Mourinho using him more in a defensive role sometime.

@raimondo Did you watch the game? I can tell you that after the first half, everyone was expecting City to be champion by the end of the game! You could seriously tell how much of a mental blow it was to lose that game in the end for City. The fan had lost their voice after the second goal and the player had completely lost their cool toward the end of the game. United winning that game was a question of pride at the very least and if City had won the league against them, it would have pretty bad for moral. Winning a derby game is alway special but being able to break your rival momentum is also something incredible so doing both in a single must have been very enjoyable for United and their fan.

@iHEART You got it, derby isn't about dominating or about showing off to others team, its about winning against that one team above all else, no matter if its ugly or not (and it certainly wasn't a bad win for United). No, United should be proud, it sure doesn't erase their other problem but its good ground to motivate themselve for final sprint of the season. :)

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Emo, like I said it looked like City eased off and figured they were going to win, their mistake surely and great on United to capitalize on it. But a Derby is a just another match. pride is good and all but whose lifting the trophy in the end, the team that won a derby or the team that destroyed the league?

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@rain

City will win the league and they'll deserve it. But they will have forever lost the right to say that they walked to it over their rivals. And for us losers who didn't win the league, that's a solace in an otherwise really glum league year.

@Dynastian

Not sure what Atkinson was on tbh. I would've given a pen on the Young handball, cause it pretty obviously took a sitter away from Sterling (that he probably would've missed anyway knowing him), but I never would've given one for the slide tackle, which I thought was brilliant. I'm also kind of surprised neither Pogba nor Fernandinho got reds for two really awful challenges, particularly Pogba's which game from behind. As soon as that tackle went in I was braced to see a red that just never came.

That being said, he was mostly consistent on what he called, but his card distribution was very top-heavy towards United at first, and then City at the end. Whatever, I'm not complaining.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Yep, it doesn't matter at this point if City win the league, this game was a statement above all else, that they cannot do whatever they please against any team. That they shouldn't expect to walk over the opposition like they seem to do sometime. Good message to send for next season as well. :)

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

City is losing their momentum. They are still playing brilliant football, but cracks start to appear again, Pep's team always use offense to cover up defend, and in bad time it wont work. And they have been very unlucky with the refs' decision too. Some are game changing decisions. But that's football.

Their team and style are so strong that it looks like they have decent defend, they dont. This is similar to Barcelona and (somewhat Argentina, even though lots would agree Arg is shiet).

When a team and other coach manage to expose their defends at any time of the game, they suffer. And if the front doesn't finish their jobs... well the result would be negative.

For the last game. MU won and deserved. Anyteam who walks in to Ethihad while MC is (at the very moment) dominating the league, and such team comes home with 3 points, after 2 0 down WELL deserves it.

Mourinho showed a tactical refection that Pep failed to do, in this game. A plan B that Pep should have acted on.

With that being said, Man City was better overall, mind that the better doesn't necessary win. But they were extremely wasteful (Sterling was terrible). De Gea was super, another WOWed. And Manchester United pulled themselves together at the right time.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

@tuan_jinn spot on, uses offence (possesion) to cover up defence, which explains why their backline is rarely tested. pep's logic of defence, if the opponent carries the ball less means less chance of conceding. mourinho's logic of defence, as long as I crowd the central of my penalty box, no one can pass thru. klopp's logic of defence, as long as I press the opponent high up in their own half, less chance of conceding. pochettino also encourage his team to press but not as hardcore as the liverpool's trio.

• History

@tuan_jinn spot on, uses offence (possesion) to cover up defence. pep's logic of defence, if the opponent carries the ball less means less chance of conceding. mourinho's logic of defence, as long as I crowd the central of my penalty box, no one can pass thru. klopp's logic of defence, as long as I press the opponent high up in their own half, less chance of conceding. pochettino also encourage his team to press but not as hardcore as the liverpool's trio.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@baldgenius Exactly, this is actually well explained as well. +1 mate!