Man. Utd lose 5 consecutive away matches in Europe
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002
  1. 3.11.2016 Fenerbahce 2:1 Man. United
  2. 15.9.2016 Feyenoord 1:0 Man. United
  3. 10.3.2016 Liverpool 2:0 Man. United
  4. 18.12.2015 Midtyjlland 2:1 Man. United
  5. 8.12.2015 Wolfsburg 3:2 Man. United

It was for the first time in Man. United history. They last away win in Europe matches was 27.11.2013 vs Leverkusen.

Comments
Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Just two years before their last away win in Europe, they were Champions League finalists and Premier League winners. Just a few months before that last win they were Premier League champions again. I would've never imagined a club like United falling this low...

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Have nothing to say other than keep your faith in Mourinho, and stay behind the team, even though these shite players have disappointed us for 3 straight years now.

Man United struggling to qualify for Europa League knockout matches. Never thought this statement would be true.

LOL that the last away win came under Moyes.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

We suck! And we know it, we suck!

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Saativik

Have nothing to say other than keep your faith in Mourinho, and stay behind the team, even though these shite players have disappointed us for 3 straight years now

I'm interested about what United fans really think about Mou. You say your players have been shite for three years but United have spent a lot of money in those years. Just looking at Mourinho, he spent about £150 million this last window and signed Ibrahimovic for free. I can't talk about you specifically Saatvik, but the majority of PL fans, not just United fans, were talking about how amazing United's squad is and how they are the title favourites. Yeah, Pogba and Ibra haven't been playing as well as United fans have expected but surely some blame has to be laid on Mourinho.

The decision to bring him in left United fans over the moon and despite his recent struggles United fans like yourself, still put your faith in him. But was he the right choice? The fact that he hasn't lasted over three years at clubs where he was much loved pretty much ensures that he won't have a long reign at United. And his downfall with Chelsea last season, was definitely not a random incident. You can't go from a PL winning manager to an amateur in two seasons, but I think that Mourinho needed to recover by choosing to manage abroad. He's never even fitted the mould SAF left. Moyes was perfect, and if he had been given more time, and the money that LVG and Mou have received, I'm sure he would have succeeded.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

@Eden17Hazard17 That's a good point you make, but the general feeling in Manchester United fans is still that Mourinho has a big task on his hands and needs time to sort out the problems all over the pitch for United.

United this season has been another example that simply buying players doesn't guarantee success, and we are still waiting on Mourinho to pick out his best starting 11. It's my personal opinion though, that while the David Moyes season did disappoint us all, but at the same time made United fans realise the huge amount of rebuilding they need to do to get back at the SAF level. That's why LVG was granted so much time. Even when he couldn't do anything we have to realise it will take time for any manager to bring us back the glory days.

When Mourinho was brought in we knew he was not a long term manager. He was brought in for short term results rather than building a foundation. When he signed the players he did in the summer, there was obviously optimism (I mean, he brought in the best players in Ligue 1, Serie A and Bundesliga in one window), but as results have shown, he has not been an instant success, to say the least.

You can't judge a manager on one fiasco season. Whether he is the right choice or not can only truly be answered once he has completed a full season, when he has gotten his style of playing completely drilled in the minds of these players. It's still early days and I have faith in him that he can pull us back to the right track.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

I for one don't think our players are bad. I believe that the struggles at United are down to lack of patience from the club hierarchy.
In my opinion:

• Moyes was tactically weak and had a very horrible rotation policy. He should have never been given the reigns.
  • LVG believed too much in the youngsters and over rotated the squad. In addition, last season, I think about 11-15 players were injured at one point of time. I think he would have still been at United, had he finished top 4. Overall, he gave a good foundation in youth that should have been used as a good base. Whether these youngsters came in because of injuries or because of LVG, some of them played well enough over the more experienced players. I do not consider LVG a failure. Instead, United failed him.
  • Mou is always one of the best managers in the game, but he has spent too much. I'm not expecting an EPL title this year, but I expect a top 4 finish at the very least considering the amount he has spent, and that would still be a failure in my book. Mou also scrapped LVG's promising youngsters and that is a mistake. Pogba is not a CAM, and he should not be playing there. However, he doesn't need to be a CDM...I think United will do well in a 3 man midfield with Herrera, Pogba, and Carrick (Schneiderlin). The front 3 and back 4 select themselves, although I'd like to see Rooney and Rashford get a run up front. Overall, I'm ok with the current standing, and hope that our fortunes change at the end of the season. Verdict is still out on Mou...
Phenohyte 7 years ago
3 122

I just want to add that some English teams' attitude to the Europa League is really unhealthy and unprofessional. Really sad that the EPL's huge prize money makes them to completely ignore Europe's second biggest club competition. I think the EL either needs to have much bigger prize money, or let it be just a competition for the smaller countries, and let the big guns play in the UCL.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm interested about what United fans really think about Mou. You say your players have been shite for three years but United have spent a lot of money in those years. Just looking at Mourinho, he spent about £150 million this last window and signed Ibrahimovic for free. I can't talk about you specifically Saatvik, but the majority of PL fans, not just United fans, were talking about how amazing United's squad is and how they are the title favourites. Yeah, Pogba and Ibra haven't been playing as well as United fans have expected but surely some blame has to be laid on Mourinho.

I don't know who to blame anymore. We've changed coaches, changed players, changed everything. No difference. I'm willing to stick it out because I don't have a ready made solution.

He's never even fitted the mould SAF left. Moyes was perfect, and if he had been given more time, and the money that LVG and Mou have received, I'm sure he would have succeeded.

Disagree completely. I have sympathy for Moyes, but his track record since United I think proves the point.

At this point all I can really do is think that continued turnover is a bad thing. I don't expect us to win titles anymore, all I want to see is a United better than what I saw the year prior. I'm not getting that and it's ticking me off more than a little bit. Nevertheless, because I don't see a solution, I cannot suggest or even campaign for a change.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I thought it was so obvious that United should have fixed their weakest link and it was defense and mid defense . Players should have left and new more hungry players should have came in .

All in all they just need to have patience and it will be all good . Ride it out with Mourinho and he will fix it . Mourinho needs support from fans .

Also yes United spent 150 million but 90 mil pounds were just Pogba .. Could have got several quality players instead of buying one big star ..

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Man United record after 16 games in charge

David Moyes = W9 D4 L3
Louis van Gaal =W8 D4 L4
Jose Mourinho = W8 D3 L5

Indeed, if all 16 games were in the Premier League, the league table would look like this:

Moyes - W9 D4 L3 - 31 points
Van Gaal - W8 D4 L4 - 28 points
Mourinho - W8 D3 L5 - 27 points

I do think Mourinho wil finish above the 7th place that Moyes finished in, but I do also think that SAF picked his successor wisely, and Moyes would have had a lengthy successful reign, had he been given the chance.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Moyes had fresh Rooney and some senior players who had some passion . He inherited a champion club . I think Moyes is the one who started this house of cards destruction . And to be little fair to Moyes . Sir Alex was managing a wrecked ship that was doing well under his brilliant management skills . He should have left a club in better shape