Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man Utd going for Oblak?
_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

ESPN: Man Utd is considering triggering Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak's €120 million buy-out clause...

A desperate move if that is true as they would better spend money on defenders or a striker... imo

Any thoughts?

Comments
Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Oblak is probably the best keeper in the world alongside Ter Stegen right now. Moving to United would be a step down. Atletico are clearly a better team right now, so I don't know why he would want to leave. He's in a comfortable situation and the team isn't a toxic melting pot.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Dynast I was about to say it something about United not being a step down from Atletico but when you think it through... Its certainly not a team that is doing better than Atletico Madrid right now. :(

@Pelle Seem like a rumours caused by De Gea drop in form. Either its completely false or it was thought up to give De Gea extra motivation. In both case, I think its very unlikely.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

as @Emo said, completely fake. United needs to fix other problems, and Oblak has no reason to go to United, no offence, but except maybe salary, it would be step backwards.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

Oblak won't leave and United aren't going to push out De Gea. Utterly garbage rumor from (for soccer at least) utterly garbage outlet.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

You know i don't mind Romero being promoted first choice GK. In games he plays, as the saying goes, he is cool as a cucumber.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Ledley Lol, still remember Gonzi comment on him in the Europa League Final against Ajax. It goes like this:

legend has it, Romero is still chewing gum looking cool as a cucumber

Still think De Gea has to get out of his weird poorer form he is currently having and that when he does, he should be the first choice easily.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Emo, im glad you are taking note.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

ESPN can be somewhat worth a look, if the reporter was Mark Ogden. Other than that, the source should be banned from transfer rumours because they're close to being garbage.

De Gea is only going through a dip, like every professional. His standards are incredibly high and the premier league is the best competition there is for any GK to be in at this moment, there's no question. Our defenders can lend him a hand by working on their organisation as a unit, because he's been saving them from exile since Fergie's retirement. I wouldn't mind seeing Oblak coming over because he's also quality, but if I had a choice between him or De Gea, I'd pick De Gea without a second thought.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

The only reason I would let De Gea go was if he did not want to stay at the club. Long talks on him moving to Real and who knows if that was from his own desires or if Real just wanted to pick up a top keeper.

If De Gea still wants to play for Utd, you should keep him as he is still one of the best in the world. If he wants to leave, then you shop him to get the best return possible.

I agree with many here, this is just a slump all players go through. It is particularly harder on keepers given their importance, and add in that Utd is in the media 24/7.

Leave him be and he will come out of things.