Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man United next season (18/19). Attacking football?
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Players are coming back after the WC.

5 of them are the bigger stars who really shined in the tournament: Paul Pogba. Jesse Lingard. Romelu Lukaku. Marouane Fellaini. Ashley Young. While a handful of others have proven to done enough to impress Mourinho.

With Sanchez, Rashford, Mata (may be Martial), and some potential signings the attacking force looks promising.

Mourinho is his recent interview and plan with ESPN, mentioned he has no problem playing attacking football next season and he would.
And with those players at his disposal he SHOULD!!!

Despite never really been his strong tactic, Mourinho can for sure go and trash teams for records. it's true, but the last few seasons of his career (especially since Inter) he seem to afraid of doing that, and try to replicate what worked in Inter....

Next season is his 3rd. I'm not sure...

What do you think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Players are coming back after the WC.

5 of them are the bigger stars who really shined in the tournament: Paul Pogba. Jesse Lingard. Romelu Lukaku. Marouane Fellaini. Ashley Young. While a handful of others have proven to done enough to impress Mourinho.

With Sanchez, Rashford, Mata (may be Martial), and some potential signings the attacking force looks promising.

Mourinho is his recent interview and plan with ESPN, mention he has no problem playing attacking football next season.
And with those players at his disposal he SHOULD!!!

Despite never really been his strong tactic, Mourinho can for sure go and trash teams for records. it's true, but the last few seasons of his career (especially since Inter) he seem to afraid of doing that, and try to replicate what worked in Inter....

Next season is his 3rd. I'm not sure...

What do you think?

Comments
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

lol lvg is sideways football too. it's just that midfield chemistry, how to play together, how to fit in sanchez, fred, pogba, rashford, lingard all at once. mourinho have the squad but maybe not so much with innovation, more like "wenger inverse" AKA defensive dinosaur.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

@sunflash you'll get top 4 or progress out of the group stage of UCL....sure....but that's about it. the football will be trash. he's quite literally your team's manager....you're aren't "taking" the chance. you have sit there and watch the team play shit football...no chance involved. defensive football can be great to watch, juve can play defensive football, and usually do in the UCL, and let 2 forwards loose up top. it can be entertaining to watch. mou defensive football...is just garbage...maybe due to the fact that the strikers left up top are not that impressive. yes im talking about Mr. perfect first touch (sarcasm). no rose colored glasses here mate, but enjoy mou football... ;)

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

@Legend16: I just questioned whether his players would be able to execute Mous plans... not the quality of the players per se. In theory it always works, but in practice it's another thing.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@sunflash you'll get top 4 or progress out of the group stage of UCL....sure

Which is more than LVG ever did for us. Mou isn't ideal by any means, but he's infinitely better than Moyes or LVG, which was my point of disagreement with you. I don't know if someone else could come in and play the team better, that's open to interpretation. But comparing past with present and it's Mou all the way.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

The signings won't help them that much IMO. Dalot is more of a prospect, and Fred is relatively unknown. Fuck knows why there bought Lee Grant though. They have the most potential in the PL and a good young team, with perhaps the best goalkeeper and the best outfield player in the PL, problem is that United have failed to get the best out of their own players. Now, I'm hearing they have spent 50 million on Fred to 'unlock Pogba'. It's not like Pogba isn't to blame too, because he is, just like the team.Football is a team game, you have to try. Matic and Kante combined well, why can't that be the same with Pogba? I doubt Fred will fix this problem. Money splashing isn't going to help that much, if the money is spent cluelessly.

• History

The signings won't help them IMO. Dalot is more of a prospect, and Fred is relatively unknown. Fuck knows why there bought Lee Grant though. They have the most potential in the PL and a good young team, with perhaps the best goalkeeper and the best outfield player in the PL, problem is that United have failed to get the best out of their own players. Now, I'm hearing they have spent 50 million on Fred to 'unlock Pogba'. It's not like Pogba isn't to blame too, because he is, just like the team.Football is a team game, you have to try. Matic and Kante combined well, why can't that be the same with Pogba? I doubt Fred will fix this problem. Money splashing isn't going to help that much, if the money is spent cluelessly.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

I think Mou has done better than LVG, Moyes. no doubt.

This is the 3rd season, there is no excuse that we aren't where we want to be. This is not good enough anymore, and I think Mou knows that, and that's why he also push a lot more for major transfer.

The pre-season games look really dull and worrying. Although it is not what we will be seeing when the season starts, it brings some worry over the way we played.

Clearly there isn't any identity, almost all other elite teams show certain identity (Barca B, Man City, BM, Liverpool...), :(

I all behind Mou, but I do hope he focus on his football...

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

The whining and negativity about youth players, Martial, and lack of transfers, along with the poor preseason results are classic Mou third season.

Don't know why he does this to himself tbh.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Eden17 Dunno, it alway seem to be the same thing though. Truly, its weird that he doesn't learn from his previous experience or maybe he just got short memory. Still, we'll have to see wether this season work or not for him. We might yet be suprised.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

He has every right to be angry. Ed Woodward and his financial buddy hasn't been delivering all Mourinho's needs.

How do we expect to see any manager succeed at our club if the chairmen aren't providing them what's necessary? We've yet gotten ourselves a prolific CB and proper winger!!

Mourinho has always been a man to that delivered when he got what he want, whether it's done ugly or not. The next manager won't fix our problems because we then will have to spend more in order to rebuild. It's a pointless cycle as long as Woodward and co are in charge

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@iheart, or maybe the spending power has cooled down. pogba, sanchez, martial, shaw, lukaku, bailly, darmian, matic, fred. this is a lot of spendings lol, even by real madrid's standard. can't just take everybody in, without letting some out. I agree mourinho is not 100% to blame but man there is limit to how much. martial has to be sold simple as, how many winger / AM is there in the team? lol

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I don't think I've ever had so little motivation and expectation towards the start of the season as a United fan. Mourinho is just trash. Maybe he's tactics are not the best and the team plays a boring/ugly football but.. it's his press conferences that just annoy me the most. How he's always finding excuses and blaming it on the squad the transfers, players specifically...
I hope he doesn't get to the end of the season, this has to stop asap.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

That last interview was him asking to be sacked lol, if my manager did that I’d feel really pissed off. The problem with him is he thinks he’s too big to fail, and kinda arrogant in his ways, but then sometimes he just takes it too far for no reason what so ever

• History

That last interview was him asking to be sacked lol

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

"Do you want him to be very happy with the players he has around him? We are not playing here to improve the team or our dynamic or routines. We are playing here just to try to survive and to have some not-very-ugly results,"

I can not believe he said this... That the most disrespectful statement u can made to your fellow players to defend your purchase

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

He is inevitably going to keep making up excuses as to why the team is under-performing in general.

The Moureasoning timeline for 2018-2019:

Pre season: "We dont have a full squad... world cup... players rest... not going to be like this in the season"

Early season: "Players still recovering, getting back to work, blame preseason, no full squad.... players not in their best form"

Mid season: "Transition was hard... Player's poor form... not enough new signings...early season screwed us... blame it on the press"

End of the season: "Media is biased... squad not good enough... finally take a little blame... divert blame into most recent controversy... blame it on the early season... redundant fallacies about previous success... talk about other team's performance"

I hope to look back at this and realize that gladly I was wrong, not to look back at this comment to say "I told you so"

Mourinho's 3rd seasons aren't the best, if we consider his 2nd seasons are his better ones then we are in for a treat.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Mourinho's third season, he already is making excuses in advance and here people talking about attacking football :D

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

lmao

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@quikzyy: that's what I quoted, I read the interview post discussion and I couldn't believe my eyes...

So disrespectful

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tuan_jinn @quikzyyy Harsh from Mourinho and it really look like that could be his final season at old trafford if he keep this up and don't bring out resutls. Whatever he think he is doing will not help the team chemistry at all. He's shooting himself in his foot. :U

@Tuanis For your and the rest of MU fanbase, I hope you are wrong, but the thing is, we actually seen Mou do this before, its hard to think he won't do it again especially considering the situation.

@Golazo To be fair, the thread was started straight after world cup, he hadn't yet started making excuse when tuan first made it. :P

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

What are the odds he has meltdown season like at Chelsea where MU nearly get relegated :-D ?

@Emo
I think realistically he will have to win at least the PL or CL to be there next season.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Actually I’m not really disagreeing with all my respect to Lingard, Martial, Rashford and co. They lack consistency. Good start of the season then the whole team slept Vs easy teams...
Actually now with Pep to contend for something you need a +90 pts a season, I don’t see the actual squad making it. They can reach 80 pts maybe but I don’t see them being champs, they need winners in some era of the field and Mou knows it.