Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

man u fans are 80% glory hunters
Fru_Toot 11 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

i told 3 friends of mine what team u support they all said man u. i said name 3 players 2 of them just said rooney and van persie the other knew 0 players.what dumb glory hunters. they support man u cus people mostly support themi ask people who know about football who support man u have you ever went to old trafford they said no that means nearly all manure fans are glory hunters

Comments
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

To me, there is a bit of "glory-hunter" in all of us, it's just that there is a spectrum.  The great majority of FR users are fans of extremely successful Clubs (perhaps currently or traditionally). I don't see many for Ipswich or Plymouth Argyle fans around. Except for the few users who actually support their local club and whose families raised them to support said club, most people come across the club they will eventually support via various media outlets. This, in it of itself, is not an evil but a natural result of people worldwide having more exposure to clubs that are more often aired on television and participate in tournaments. 
Like I said there is a spectrum. Some people become fans because of a club's ethos, history, playing style, etc. It may be that the club we choose to support happen to be successful but there is more to it than that. 

However, there are clubs that do have a higher proportion of what I would call complete glory-hunters. This is your fan that jumps around from club to club based on whose winning the most.  The one that cares to know little about the tradition of the club and just wants to watch the next super-star work his magic. I hold a personal belief, as do many, that Manchester United have a SIGNIFICANT percentage of these so-called "complete glory-hunters" but that doesn't mean they all are. IT would be a significant injustice to overlook the born-and-bread Mancs who have suffered through the barren years and relegations of United in the past. These most certainly are NOT glory-hunters.
In short, even if we have a bias towards a specific club or fan group, we should learn to appreciate that we are all still linked in our love for the beautiful game.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

well said footaholic,really well said,i hugely respect people like you,you speak with logic and sense

@rama,nothing else to say?oh come on your better than that

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Exactly. I'm better than that.

Tacuachillo 11 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

I happen to like Man U for my EPL. Coincidentally i also support Barca a team also that is claimed to be a glory hunter, but ask me about football and i know my s h i t. Every team has those then they are hot it happens. 

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I hope my comment will stop this stupid thread: ALL FANS OF ALL TEAMS ARE GLORYHUNTERS. As well as Madrid, Barça Arsenal tata... These are just like those hooligans in stadiums who make fire and fight with other fans.

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

* Sorry, I wanted to say that every team have fans who are gloryhunters.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@expertfootaball: I disagree. There are people here that have supported their club since a young age and haven't stopped supporting said club. The club might be successful, but if there dad took them to a stadium, I'm sure they wouldn't go watch Millwall vs Watford (unless they are a local club) right? Then there are people who support teams until they die or even at the age of 60-80. Obviously, there are glory hunters in every elite club but not all fans are glory hunters. Just take a look at Leeds fans. Once an elite club now in the npower championship, yet still they have the same fanbase.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

*the club

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Personally, I'll own up to being a glory-hunter, once upon a time. In my school, in the late 80s/early 90s, Tottenham had a large following, because of their victories in Europe and regular cup success. I was too young to really understand all that -- I just knew that everyone in my school either supported Spurs or Liverpool, and you had to pick a side (there was one lad who liked Newcastle, but he got away with it because he had a mean fist). So, I picked Spurs, because one of the really popular lads I looked up to did too, and I wanted to get in on the 'glory' of being in the group.

Now, what I think counts me out as a continued glory-hunter, is staying WITH Tottenham through 20 painful, painful years, and never giving up on them.

I suspect a lot of people have similar stories, including Man City fans. In my case I never adopted a 'second team', but I can imagine many other supporters of other, non-glorious clubs doing that very thing. Maybe, in Man City's case (or even Chelsea's), those fans have been given the chance to 'come out of the woodwork' and cheer on their boyhood team, since that team is now in a position to challenge for top-flight honours.

If so, then I think 'glory-hunter' is a harsh term. Maybe 'fairweather', but I'll tell you this: I have an uncle who remembers Oldham Athletic being a powerhouse in the top division, once upon a time, but while he's still loyal to them, he started to cheer for Man Utd, too, because of their style of player in the 90s. Can you really blame him?

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Just saying, to echo Footaholic: 'glory-hunter' is relative, and to some extent, we all are.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

there is forum i have joined 2 years ago man utd fans in that forum is all asshole if they open a thread created by a barcelona fan or rival fan they will insult your club , calling you a glory hunter because you are supporting barcelona or real madrid but here in fr man utd fan here respected unlike the forum which i mentioned

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Looks like someone is feeling the pressure. 

Courtesy - Red side of Manchester. 

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Barca with Messi, Real with Ronaldo, Man U with Rooney, 3 footix clubs, ok, but no need to create a thread, everyone knows that every kids can't support another club than those 3... but glory hunters are something else...

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

This is one of the most retarded posts I've read once in a while. It's simply too ironic to see that people in this site call each other glory-hunters, and this is a typical example of one.

How about you question yourself how you started supporting your club in the first place. Use your head, buddy. 

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I think there is a little glory hunter in all of us. When we first chose a side that isn't our local club we had to base our choice on something.. What counts you out as a glory hunter is what Lodatz stated, sticking with them even through the bad times. I know so many Manchester United fans that became Real Madrid fans as soon as Cristiano switched, now that's being a glory hunter.

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

what a retarded post, you're honestly a retard dude. You have such a big population survey to conclude something like that, first of all your friends are probably losers like you are that know nothing about football thats why they didnt know shit. Second of all facebook likes have nothing to do with anything, those facebook likes are mainly do the CR7 being a media/public image and/model and from that they know barca is there rival so those who dont like cr7 or are jelous of him like barca. 

and how can you say this after you're a man city fan ? 3 to 4 years ago i never saw ANY man city fans around yoddling, now everyone has made it public they're a man city fan... so annoying

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Jeffrey i mean City, i bet 90% of today "fans" wasn't their fans 3 years ago.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^100% true.

Joe_Manchester 11 years ago
Manchester United, Egypt 108 627

aren't man city fans THE glory hunters themselves? Especially when they beat united and won premier league last season? we started to see fans numbers increasing day after day (4,339,850 fans on facebook in a yearly matter)

I've never been to OT, but I know a lottttt about United. When CR7 left, did I stop supporting United? Never

Discussion Closed