Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

LVG Rules Out Incoming January Transfers
TheGame 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Official website:

Asked for his thoughts on the January window, van Gaal said: “I don’t think it’s favourable for the league because it’s a little bit unfair. You start a league and then you change your team – the richer clubs can do that and it’s not fair for other clubs.

“But that’s the rule and you can take benefit of it. We are doing nothing – that I have already said – but I read every day that I or Manchester United are interested in other players.

"We only have Victor Valdes [as a January signing]. We gave him a chance. We are only selling players, not buying them.”

Sad. I know.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Official website:

Asked for his thoughts on the January window, van Gaal said: “I don’t think it’s favourable for the league because it’s a little bit unfair. You start a league and then you change your team – the richer clubs can do that and it’s not fair for other clubs.

“But that’s the rule and you can take benefit of it. We are doing nothing – that I have already said – but I read every day that I or Manchester United are interested in other players.

"We only have Victor Valdes [as a January signing]. We gave him a chance. We are only selling players, not buying them.”

Sad. I know.

Official website:

Sad. I know.

Comments
AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

“I don’t think it’s favourable for the league because it’s a little bit unfair. You start a league and then you change your team – the richer clubs can do that and it’s not fair for other clubs."

Umm, how much did Manchester United spend last summer again? And it's not like he can't sign in new players. He is acting as if he is managing Readings FC...

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

FFP rules, if they sell enough they could go for a player, i dont think they still have a big margin to attract a 40M player, buying cheap with the competition in the squad and the actual pressure on players shoulders wont help.

Edit : ( IMO i should write it more often )

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

get cheap youngsters

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

There is a bigger problem with signings that he is trying to cover up for, he cant be that stupid to actually mean what he said or to believe we need no more players.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

It is hard to attract World class players when United is still not guaranteed of CL next year . Once he gets United back , the price tags will fall and more players would like to join .

United_Hates_Blues 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Some movement in Mats Hummels deal but you can't really trust these sources. I think the Pogba rumor is total bs I doubt he would return.

chooyaochuen 9 years ago
Manchester United 4 226

That's life; it's not only in football.
Deal with it!