Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

LuKa Modric & Alex Song voted WORST signings of the season
Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

The grass isn't always greener in La Liga!

Luka Modric & Alex Song voted WORST signings of the season by Marca readers!

What do you think the reason for the pair's supposed failure in La Liga?

Are they just taking their time to adapt to a new league?

Would Spurs and Arsenal fan's welcome a return if the opportunity arose?

Source: <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2255422/Luka-Modric-Alex-Song-voted-worst-signings-season-Spain.html#ixzz2GjFUfuW3>

Might be messy,sorry.

Comments
AnakataVallecas 11 years ago
Rayo Vallecano, Denmark 2 13

What a stupid bullshit, they are very good signings.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

This is only because they haven't got to play many games... unlike RVP who plays almost every game so far

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Come on Guys.
it is so simple.
Barca fans voted modric and Real madrid fans voted Song.
thats why!

Real_Madrid 11 years ago
Spain 2 8

Though Modric is a great player, I dont really think we needed him. Having Alonso, Khedira, Ozil and Nuri Sahin and now Essein on loan , Luka Modric was not at all required. 35 million "not so well" spent.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

its a shock to me Marca voting for Modric as the worst signig lol. last i checked Marca is a pro madrid

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Bet it was Ronaldo who voted Modric.. he was just pissed that he stole his shoes! :D

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

La Liga is too slow for them. They're used to the pace of the PL, where their styles were perfect. Turns out it was Arsenal's choice, not Barca's, to offload Song, but in the case of Madrid I think they were just being greedy. 

Oh well. 32mil well charged, in the end, for Spurs.

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

if Song had a opportunity to return to Arsenal that would be good! His passing was excellent and Arsenal are needing a strong defensive midfielder  

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I think they were both useless but Song was less useless because he helped a lot while Puyol and Pique were both injured at the same time. But Modric was completely useless, & now I hear talks of 60m bid for Bale, oh my God..

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

i think that Real should spend better their "millions" not for Modric
and about Song, i don't know he's not playing much.

Mainzfeldski 11 years ago Edited
1 461

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Modric just needs more playing time. He can't replace Kaka (CAM) or Khedira (CDM), that's for sure: but still, it's not Modric's fault that the entire team seems out of sync. I wish him well throughout his career.

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Mainzfeldski: To be honest, I do too. Fair enough, he wanted to leave us, but he also played a huge part in making us  what we currently are. We got a great price for him, he got his 'dream move', as he saw it, and football goes on. I still love the player who made our midfield so crafty, so I do hope I see him again, even wearing a Real shirt. I think the Spurs faithful are still grateful to him, rather than bitter, for the most part.

All the same, it would be appreciated if he'd shut the eff up about Bale coming to join him, just because his dream move ended up being a subs' bench. :p 

Mainzfeldski 11 years ago Edited
1 461

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@ Lodatz

That's great to hear that Spurs fans still respect Modric. Maybe it was just the transfer window tension that may have made Modric temporarily hated, haha. Very true, I still want to see Bale's skills in the EPL, despite Modric's wish to see his former teammate; not so fast, Modders

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@Lodatz: Just out of curiosity, if he had gone to Chelsea instead, would you have been a bit more bitter about the transfer (like Arsenal with RVP)? Or will you still respect him because of what he has done for Tottenham? 

Lodatz 11 years ago

I can't deny that I'd be more pissed off, if we'd sold him to Chelsea.

But I'd have been more pissed at Levy for selling him, that year, than the player himself. Fair enough, we had the media circus, and he sat the first couple of games out, but after the window closed be buckled down and played his heart out for us, as usual. He didn't sulk, he didn't complain, he just went on and led us on a n 18-game unbeaten streak. When Madrid came knocking a year later, I think it was only fair to let him go if he wanted to. It's thanks to his play that we're in a position to attract the young, talented squad we're attempting to, after all.

All the same, yes, I confess I'd have been less forgiving if he'd gone to a club in England.

Still, RVP didn't have Madrid or Barca asking after him, so where else was he going to go, if his mind was made up to do so? Juve? I swear in a year's time, Lampard will be sold to them, as a long-term replacement for Pirlo. :p

Okay, maybe that's unfair, but, I really don't see anything worthy of note in Serie A. RVP had Manchester or Spain as his choices, and Spain wasn't calling for him. I do think it's a different scenario to that of Modric.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Well, being 1st place in the Serie A and having a higher chance of going through the last 16 knockout round in the CL is rather tempting. Plus, Juve are already near invincible. All they need now is a world class striker.

Lodatz 11 years ago

I guess time will tell, with regard to Juve. ;)

Maybe they should go for Villa!