Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Lloris Signs New Contract
Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Another 5 years! I am seriously stoked about this. :)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/10/hugo-lloris-tottenham-hotspur-new-contract

France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has signed a new five-year contract with Tottenham.

*The 27-year-old joined the North London club from Lyon two summers ago.*A statement on Spurs’ website read: “We are delighted to announce that Hugo Lloris has committed his future to the club with the signing of a new five-year contract.”

“I spoke with the chairman [Daniel Levy] and I know the club is as ambitious as ever,” said Lloris. “It’s very important to feel at home at a club and for my family to feel well. I enjoy a great relationship with the club and the fans.

“The arrival of Mauricio Pochettino is important as well. I have a good feeling with him. He is also ambitious.

*“*Everything is clear in my head and if I’ve signed a new contract it’s because I trust the club and I’m sure we will progress in a positive way.

“Last season wasn’t the season we all hoped for but we were still able to finish sixth in the league. We know where we have to improve, the club also knows and there is a feeling and a confident connection between the club and the players.”

*Lloris has made 78 appearances for Tottenham since joining for €10m from Lyon, potentially rising to €15m (£8m rising *to £12m).

Now, if we can get Vertonghen down as well (I heard Barcelona are sniffing. again), and add a couple of quality players to our squad, we can start to build something again. :)

COYS

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/10/hugo-lloris-tottenham-hotspur-new-contract

France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has signed a new five-year contract with Tottenham.

The 27-year-old joined the North London club from Lyon two summers ago.

A statement on Spurs’ website read: “We are delighted to announce that Hugo Lloris has committed his future to the club with the signing of a new five-year contract.”

“I spoke with the chairman [Daniel Levy] and I know the club is as ambitious as ever,” said Lloris. “It’s very important to feel at home at a club and for my family to feel well. I enjoy a great relationship with the club and the fans.

“The arrival of Mauricio Pochettino is important as well. I have a good feeling with him. He is also ambitious.

“Everything is clear in my head and if I’ve signed a new contract it’s because I trust the club and I’m sure we will progress in a positive way.

“Last season wasn’t the season we all hoped for but we were still able to finish sixth in the league. We know where we have to improve, the club also knows and there is a feeling and a confident connection between the club and the players.”

Lloris has made 78 appearances for Tottenham since joining for €10m from Lyon, potentially rising to €15m (£8m rising to £12m).

Now, if we can get Vertonghen down as well (I heard Barcelona are sniffing. again), and add a couple of quality players to our squad, we can start to build something again. :)

*The 27-year-old joined the North London club from Lyon two summers ago.*A statement on Spurs’ website read: “We are delighted to announce that Hugo Lloris has committed his future to the club with the signing of a new five-year contract.”

*“*Everything is clear in my head and if I’ve signed a new contract it’s because I trust the club and I’m sure we will progress in a positive way.

*Lloris has made 78 appearances for Tottenham since joining for €10m from Lyon, potentially rising to €15m (£8m rising *to £12m).

Comments
AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Tim Krul wouldn't be bad as well. But it's great to keep Lloris at White Hart Lane.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Great news for Tottenham, he is a great keeper and not old either

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If only the defense in front of him was better... :(

^ working on it, but slow progress, especially with the World Cup having captured everyone's attention.

We need someone GOOD, but they will cost us, too. Southampton have hiked their asking price for Lovren up to €23m, for example. That's the price of attracting top talent in the Premier League, even for a club like Tottenham, buying from Saints.

I am disappointed that we have not moved to get Caulker back on a free, though. Cardiff still owed us half the transfer fee (€10m), and thus we could simply have accepted the player's return instead of the rest of the money, but it seems that Cardiff want to try and sell him on themselves, instead.

He was their captain last season, you know. One of our academy products.

• History

^ working on it, but slow progress, especially with the World Cup having captured everyone's attention.

We need someone GOOD, but they will cost us, too. Southampton have hiked their asking price for Lovren up to €23m, for example. That's the price of attracting top talent in the Premier League, even for a club like Tottenham, buying from Saints.

I am disappointed that we have not moved to get Caulker back on a free, though. Cardiff still owed us half the transfer fee (€10m), and thus we could simply have accepted the player's return instead of the rest of the money, but it seems that Cardiff want to try and sell him on themselves, instead.

He was their captain last season, you know. One of our academy products.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

His performances for France are always top-class. His immense speed in coming off his line is something unique. I think that Spurs have made the right decision in building from the back. They can buy all the Soldado's and the Chadli's they want, but defense comes first, and it is a smart idea to have a reliable keeper, and then build from the back. Next step is defense, and the one after that is midfield. Then they can look for that Gareth Bale-esque player who can change the game in a minute, or pair up an excellent midfield with a world-class striker like Soldado. Putting up Soldado without Eriksen in the beginning of the season was probably their greatest mistake. It blew Soldado's confidence to shreds, and now he's considered a "flop".

Eriksen actually got injured, just as he had hit his form, which is why he didn't get to form a good partnership with Soldado. It wasn't a tactical decision.

• History

Eriksen actually got injured, just as he had hit his form, which is why he didn't get to form a good partnership with Soldado.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ah, that makes more sense. I always thought that it was AVB's preference. :/