Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool vs Manchester United
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

So, I know the game is close on hand but I'm making this thread anyway for the prediction before and the reaction after the game. Imo, I see Manchester United winning this, if only because Mane is injured and Liverpool form is at their worse. Still, it will depend on how the teams will play and with what mentality they enter the game, also, this after the international friendly so some player might be tired. Hard to predict anything in a derby tbh. Share your thought please! :D

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Amir

If you are going to win the Premier League, you have to fight to earn it.

enter image description here

@Eden17 Liverpool isn't really a title rival though when you think about it. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Amir

If you are going to win the Premier League, you have to fight to earn it.

enter image description here

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Nah, he was missing his key players and I think 0-0 at Anfiled was not end of the world. Lol you think this Liverpool are in bad form? That is a bit of tricky question. Bad form against top clubs? No not really except one heavy loss away. If you all forgotten then may remind you that this is Liverpool "Robin Hood of EPL". Takes points from the top and gives it to the bottom teams.

This year like I said months ago it is City vs United. Other top clubs will only create obstacle to either one. Drawing away defending for 90 min looks ugly at times but in the long run these are the points that will give united title. EPL is different than what it used be. Teams build foundation in fall, hold on to the top in Winter and go for the win in Spring. Scheme is pretty simple but so tough. City imo will flop at end of the winter.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

To contribute further

Sir Alex Ferguson's last six visits to Anfield finished with four defeats and one win but of course, with Man Utd traditions, he played it the right way and what have you but Mourinho got it spot on and stopped Liverpool at Anfield in front of a passionate crowd.
It's easy to criticise him, it's easy to blame him but Klopp wasn't taking any great risks yesterday either. He's got a great PR team and he can come out afterwards and be the defender of all that is great in football, but he has had one win in eight. Look where they are and look where United are.

Ferguson's last 16 visits to Anfield, they scored 14 goals. It was a 0-0 draw in September 2005 when he came out and said 'this game is now too important for Man Utd to lose'. This is not just a Mourinho thing, Ferguson would regularly be very pragmatic and all of these people who are saying 'Ferguson was caviller all the time at Anfield' - it is absolute nonsense.

I think Mourinho did the right thing for Manchester United yesterday.Call him an enemy of football, but he's won 25 trophies in 17 years. I think sometimes it's a very easy tag to throw at him. Also for the second time running, Klopp's plan A has been found wanting against Mourinho's low defensive block. There has been very little criticism of him.

Attacking wins games and defending wins you titles. Guardiola finally realized that in EPL that rule matters even more so he spent 200 mil on defense..

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Alright fair enough, did Sir Alex win the league? Did he attack?

The problem with this game is not Mourinho realized that how EPL works, the problem is: MU is on a great form winning 4 0 etc...and Liverpool has one of the shietiest defenses of the top teams. Sudfently he went to his usual self when facing top teams.

We could loose for sure, but if you come in the game thinking nah, let go for 1 point, you wont get 3 points.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

@tuan

Illusion of bad form at times can be very deceiving. How often we saw how a team in bad form defeated big teams? Liverpool is still big team ( to some fans at least). I honestly always hated when Chelsea played pool especially at their ground. They always seem to play their best even when they were in bad form.

ashwin1729 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 10 704

I don't have a problem with a draw at Anfield. Just have a problem with the way the game was played. If any of you had watched the game, the players didn't retain possession or string more than 3-4 passes. It was very frustrating. Don't know if its the tactics or the atmosphere, but this was the worst we played this season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I don't have a problem with a draw at Anfield. Just have a problem with the way the game was played. If any of you had watched the game, the players didn't retain possession or string more than passes. It was very frustrating. Don't know if its the tactics or the atmosphere, but this was the worst we played this season.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Marcus To be fair, I read somewhere that Liverpool had only lost 1 or 2 games at home in something like 24 games. Kinda illustrate your point well, Anfield is a game changer.

@ashwin Like Klopp said, both teams only had 2 day to prepare because of international break, so I would say it all come down on the lack ot training. :(