Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool sign V. Moses from Chelsea on one-season loan for £1m
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Victor Moses of Chelsea is heading for Liverpool on loan for one season after the clubs agreed a £1m fee.

Liverpool are to take Victor Moses on loan from Chelsea after the clubs finally agreed a £1m fee for the season-long switch by the Nigeria winger.

Moses, signed by Chelsea from Wigan Athletic last summer for £9m, has slipped down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge after the summer arrivals of Willian and André Schürrle, and Kevin De Bruyne's return from his loan spell at Werder Bremen. Chelsea have accumulated a number of players capable of operating from attacking midfield and the 23‑year‑old has been granted permission to seek first-team football elsewhere.

Brendan Rodgers had earmarked him as a potential recruit earlier this summer and, despite Chelsea's initial reluctance to loan the player to a Premier League rival, the Liverpool manager has now been given approval by the Europa League winners to pursue the deal. Moses was in Prague on Friday for Chelsea's defeat to Bayern Munich in the Super Cup final, in which he did not feature, but has made clear his desire to move to Merseyside – despite interest from West Bromwich Albion, Southampton and Everton over the course of the summer – and will complete the move before Monday's transfer deadline with the loan fee now agreed.

There is no option for Liverpool to make the deal permanent next summer, an indication that Moses could yet have a long-term future at Stamford Bridge.

The forward was nurtured at Crystal Palace's academy before moving to Wigan for £2.5m in 2010, when Palace had slipped into administration. He impressed under Roberto Martínez to earn a surprise switch to Chelsea last summer and played 23 times in the Premier League, while his goalscoring form flourished in the latter stages of the club's successful Europa League campaign.

Liverpool are reported to be interested in signing two defenders, the £15m-rated Mamadou Sakho from Paris Saint-Germain and Tiago Ilori of Sporting Lisbon, who would cost around £8m. The 23‑year‑old Sakho has 14 France caps, while Ilori, 20, has been capped by Portugal at assorted age-group levels.

Source: The Guardian.

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Wow. Guess he wanted a starting 11 XI but there is too much competition now.

WayneRooney 11 years ago
Manchester United, Argentina 52 488

^yea i think he should move to another club, Chelsea are stacking up on young players

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Great player, deserves to play every game for Liverpool, he will do great things for sure!

Vendetta 11 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Such an explosive RW. He will surely succeed at Liverpool once he settles in there. Thank you for your great performances, Moses.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Just an explosive RW. He will surely succeed at Liverpool once he settles in there. Thank you for your great performances, Moses.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Calm down guys, you are acting like he is gonna leave Chelsea forever. he is still a blue! it's just a one season loan :) and yeah he will definitely help Liverpool a lot this season. I consider it the best loan of the season in the EPL. he is not out for a loan because he underperformed, but because Mourinho prefers other players that fits his style of play more at the moment and I think it's for the best for the club and the player. Good move for Liverpool.. I really like Moses. anyways, good luck to him! :)

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

I doubt he'll stay at Chelsea. He'll either be sold next season or the season after. Moses performed great for us last season, but we found an upgrade in Will.I.An. On the plus side, we're going to probably sell him for more than we bought him for. Just like Sturridge.

FootzFan 11 years ago
Manchester United, Spain 2 258

MOYES IS SLEEPING!!Rodgers did well to get such a talented player on loan for million only, he'll help liverpool a lot i'm sure..Man u lacks midfielders moyes should have cash on such opportunities..