Liverpool 41 419

what do u guys think of this?? good buy or bad

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

what do u guys think of this?? good buy of bad

Comments
tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I think the first signing Liverpool should do is to sign a good sportive director, i would call Leonardo, the guy who signed Lavezzi, Thiago Silva, Zlatan, Pastore when he was at PSG. I will be direct here, Liverpool starts to loose some attractivity, Bacca and Shakiri refused them to go to Italy with a lower wages, so there is a problem. They should sign someone with a big influencial network able to convince competitors to come there.
Players wont come because there is money, other teams have the money and the long term plans so if they dont react they will stay the 5th destination in England.
They need a man who really understands the market, has a vision of Football, and uses his relations to bring the most wanted players...
Look at Sevilla sportive director, Monti or Porto/Benfica one, they bring a player from nowhere and make them worth +20M sometimes in one season.

I have some good bargains in mind but then you will say how i know they will succeed, i dont know but their price is a bargain price 10-20M.
In more guaranteed players like Moratta or Benzema, i cant say a name because if they want to leave someday, United will be their destination or Chelsea or Arsenal.

Liverpool should have a model, if they cant keep their best players each time they should invest in scouting and try to bring players who have ambition, or bring a good sportive director ang give him the budget he needs to do his work, or deal with some big agents and give them some bonuses to let them convince their players...

Im convinced that Liverpool direction has no clue on Football, despite being good buisnessmen.

• History

I think the first signing Liverpool should do is to sign a good sportive director, i would call Leonardo, the guy who signed Lavezzi, Thiago Silva, Zlatan, Pastore when he was at PSG. I will be direct here, Liverpool starts to loose some attractivity, Bacca and Shakiri refused them to go to Italy with a lower wages, so there is a problem. They should sign someone with a big influencial network able to convince competitors to come there.
Players wont come because there is money, other teams have the money and the long term plans so if they dont react they will stay the 5th destination in England.
They need a man who really understands the market, has a vision of Football, and uses his relations to bring the most wanted players...
Look at Sevilla sportive director, Monti or Porto/Benfica one, they bring a player from nowhere and make them worth +20M sometimes in one season.

I have some good bargains in mind but then you will say how i know they will succeed, i dont know but their price is a bargain price 10-20M.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

What is going on with ridiculous price tags in the PL? the most ridiculous thing is that teams actually pay those prices...

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

the new balotelli

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well personally, I would rather add few more millions and go for players like Benzema as @tiki stated. Maybe even try Lewa, Lacazzette. Money isn't problem I think, problem is would these players leave for the Liverpool now?

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Unbelievable but I actually agree w/ Marcus' first comment. I've always believed in Benteke. Just adding that he'll get 10x better delivery in LFC. If you guys saw Aston Villa play last season in the 1st half of the season, you'd know why he didn't really score - but also his confidence was terrible after getting consistently sh*tty help from teammates.

@tiki I think you comparing Benteke to Sergio Garcia went WAY off. Watch both of them play, and you see that Sergio Garcia have proven that he's consistently sh*t & 8 years older. Or let's just compare scoring records from past 3 seasons when Sergio Garcia is finished product & Benteke still growing:

Benteke:
34 games: 19 goals
26 games: 10 goals
28 games: 13 goals

Sergio Garcia
28 games: 7 goals
37 games: 12 goals
25 games: 9 goals

Aight.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Just want to add that I'm no fan of Liverpool's transfer policy, they've done awful every year & also this year. I don't get how are you willing to win the title with signings like Ings, Milner, Clyne & Firmino??

Don't get me wrong, Milner is a fantastic squad player, but paying him 140k a week is ridic. Clyne is fine, Firmino has potential to be decent, but they paid him 10m too much. Ings is just overrated, although they got him free > signing him was pointless.

They're doing the tottenham again, selling best player & buying 5 mediocre players to replace him/them. Arsenal did that too, but I believe the signings Arsenal did were much better, but also there was this financial reason why Arsenal had to do it. Atleti's doing the same, but replacing them most of the time with even better players.

Btw always thought Sterling's move was about getting back to his hometown London, but guess it wasn't, now that he went to Manchester. He'd still be the best player in Liverpool's squad, although it's kinda understandable when 120k a week isn't enough and you get 50m from him.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki

I think I could have been PSG sporting director and do just as good of a job . Rodgers buys players that will solve problem of having depth of quality players and the ones that will fit his philosophy .

Good question will be: WTF is his philosophy ?-:))

@quikzy

Also question should be would Bayern or Madrid let go their star strikers . There are not many to replace them .

Actually , Lacazette sounds like a very good option but I think Benteke is more affordable and better option . I am sure he won't come to Liverpool for lower price than Benteke . We know that they sold Sterling for 49 mil pounds but had to give away 10 mil to QPR , so now they have 39 million to spend .

Benteke is target man , exactly what Liverpool needs IMO . Benteke stamina is amazing and he does not lack any skills to take on defenders . His finishing is very good . Liverpool has struggled in the past against teams that set deep and Benteke is very strong player that can push defenders around to create space for others or score himself . If I am not mistaken Liverpool are awful in set pieces , so another reason to go for Benteke . Also @descentK's mentioned qualities And I listed more before .

• History

@tiki

I think I could have been PSG sporting director and do just as good of a job . Rodgers buys players that will solve his depth in quality players and the ones that will fit his philosophy .

@quikzy

Also question should be would Bayern or Madrid let go their star strikers . There are not many to replace them .

Actually , Lacazette sounds like a very good option but I think Benteke is more affordable and better option . I am sure he won't come to Liverpool for higher price than Benteke . We know that they sold Sterling for 49 mil pounds but had to give away 10 mil to QPR , so now they have 39 million to spend .

Benteke is target man , exactly what Liverpool needs IMO . Benteke stamina is amazing and he does not lack any skills to take on defenders . His finishing is very good . Liverpool has struggled in the past against teams that set deep and Benteke is very strong player that can push defenders around to create space for others or score himself . If I am not mistaken Liverpool are awful in set pieces , so another reason to go for Benteke . Also @descentK's mentioned qualities And I listed more before .

@tiki

I think I could have been PSG sporting director and do just as good of a job . Rodgers buys players that will solve problem of having depth of quality players and the ones that will fit his philosophy .

@quikzy

Actually , Lacazette sounds like a very good option but I think Benteke is more affordable and better option . I am sure he won't come to Liverpool for higher price than Benteke . We know that they sold Sterling for 49 mil pounds but had to give away 10 mil to QPR , so now they have 39 million to spend .

tiki_taka 9 years ago

@Decentk : That was just to say that you have players who score 10-16 goals a season and arent really an improvement if they step up level, unless you think that Villa and Liverpool are on a similar level, that would be bad news for the most succesful club of English History.

By the way Garçia scored 14 goals this season not 9.

@Marcus : You think that you could do Leonardo job because you think signing a player is matching his price tag, if it was so, Liverpool would have the best squad in England.
Leonardo only signed from Italy and thats because his relation networks are effective there, i dont think Zlatan, Veratti or Silva would have come to PSG without Leonardo who were a Milan player and coach. Maybe Pastore or even Lavezzi but the rest is impossible despite the load of money PSG has.

PSG was a midtable Ligue 1 team, how could they attract those players ? Leonardo's work was sublime, he made them win 5 years of construction.

For Benteke, we will come back to this thread to compare our predictions, i predict he will hardly reach 15 goals wich is the minimum for a striker of his price.
He may be better than Sergio Garcia but still Garcia isnt a big team material anyway, i would have gone for Kane or Charlie Austin actually in a better form than Benteke. I watched some of his games, when the game is complicated for his team like against Arsenal in FA cup final, he is limitted.

Scoring a tap in is the minimum for a traditional striker, comparing him to Jackson Martinez or Costa he is 1 dimensional.

If he splash +25 goals, and show more than just waiting in the box to finish clear assists i will say my Mea culpa, but i guess i wont have to.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2524669-buying-or-selling-the-hype-is-christian-benteke-a-world-class-striker

^ very interesting to watch.

Clyne was a very good signing, and cheap one, im not fan of the rest.

• History

Clyne was a very good signing, and cheap one, im not fan of the rest.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

"when the game is complicated for his team like against Arsenal in FA cup final, he is limitted."

Well, I barely see C.Ronaldo (named the BEST player in the planet) on the field when other Real Madrid players have taken day off. Players form/performances are very much dependable how the team plays, it's not rocket science.

Also to add, in my opinion the definition of overrated is Lacazette, his pricetag is ~35m euros, out of his 27 goals, 9 were penalties & if I remember right, didn't score against any top 5 teams & all this sh*t happened in Ligue 1, which - well in my opinion isn't top 3 league. Although after all bs I just said doesn't mean he couldn't become a world class striker, but still feel the guy is overhyped. Also haven't seen him play too much, so it's hard to judge > but I've only seen ppl judge him of his goalscoring record which I don't find it too attractive when you look at it in a bigger picture.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@tiki

If Leonardo is the genius master mind behind David Luiz deal then I can definitely do his job just as good .

Mate, I have sales experience on my resume that look much better than his deals if compare to how much I saved for my company . His deals actually forced PSG pay 50 million fine . Good sporting director .

In Chelsea's first two years of project, we were already contending against Giants for CL title and romping in the league . That is what I call sublime . Even Malaga had better project start than PSG .

Harry Kane and Charlie Austin had a good season but they are not comparable to Benteke . Harry Kane is good poacher and needs more time to prove his level . Charlie Austin is good for QPR , but he won't be same in another team. Benteke is finally clear off the injuries and he will be pumped up for new challenge and when he is fit and in form , he is deadly . He won't score 20+ because that will Sturridge , but he will provide that quality partnership that Sturridge needs and back him up when he is injured. He will score 15+ for sure .

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

You speak from ignorance. Leonardo was not sporting director of PSG when David Luiz was signed. I don't believe he was there when Cavani was signed either.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@dynastian

You know mate, you need to stop being ignorant yourself and READ carefuly ! Key word in my comment is " IF " - meaning assuming he was ... and even if he was not behind Luiz deal , still throwing cash around at obvious players that later result in fines , don't make you good sporting director . Good sporting directors are in Atletico , Porto , Sporting , Ajax , Chelsea ( we have a very good sporting director that works so well with Mourinho bringing very good players and we make profit on transfers ) .

tiki_taka 9 years ago

@Decentk You are right, Lacazette has shown nothing yet, thats his best season and he needs to confirm, plus he is established in '' Equipe de France '' being a 4th or 5th choice behind Benz-Giroud...
Thats why he was smart enough to refuse all big clubs who knocked on his door offering load of hype and wages, thats what i call someone realisctic and smart, he knows it could be dangerous for his young career to step up the level so he stays and get some more experience.

Anyway the last youngsters to be named best Ligue 1 players were Benzema and Hazard, both refused to leave after their breakthrough season and needed to confirm their year and earn more experience. People who care about their Football rather than money.

chooyaochuen 9 years ago
Manchester United 4 226

It's not gonna help them.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Benteke's first goal on his debut, pretty, f*cking great!

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@tiki ye it's VERY humble if he doesn't leave. Though, I feel he will eventually go this summer ;p

@quikzy FANTASTIC.