Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool february-march struggle..
tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well we all witnessed before thé loss of points and Chelsea defeat that thé wins of thé reds were more and more dificult to achieve....

Actually i was amazed how they dealt with boxing day and Season overall, but now they look exhausted...

Did they rotate enough ? Did thé obsession all thèse year to win PL made them go all in too fast ?

I think we all agree that thé PL is secured, but imo as a Barca fan, i felt they could have Gone for thé treble knowing their form and having same one couple of years ago...

Their campain looks strangely to Valverde's first year with complète League domination and march mental and physical fatigue that lead to inexpectable élimination in quarters vs Roma.

They are not used as a New Monster team to handle thèse situations that clubs like juve or Bayern are used to it. Comming to march with this form could really hurt their chance of lifting back to back CL wich something already dificult to achieve.

What do you think guys, not really asking à question in particular but wanting to discuss it...

What is sureis that they are actually paying their perfect start of the Season in thé money Time of domestic cups and specially CL....

Comments
tiki_taka 4 years ago

I also witnessed that Pep teams who also tend to dominate thé League, mostly fall short in march. I love teams who go all in and continue to play After 3-0 or 4-0 but is it worth falling in this situation in this moment of thé Season ?

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Honestly, it was only a matter of time before they dropped some points. It is hard enough to navigate 40 plus games for league season, then add on side cups.

As a coach, I would like to think that they are looking at where they can rest players here and there as they try to complete for all the trophies possible. Depending on how deep your team roster is, you might have to make some very hard choices to soften the blow of any underperformance stretches.

Barca, Bayern, Real, PSG, Juve, they all have deeper squads which help push their level through in each competition. Traditionally, these same teams run away with their leagues and can afford to move players around, capitalizing on depth.

Klopp and Liverpool will be fine once they decide on what is most important to them. Heck I would sit most of my roster in league matches right now if I was them. Bring up some young players to get them some exposure and don't even blink at results.

The competitor in them I am sure want to play in everything they can, win everything. You just can't be realistic to play it all while in pursuit of Champions League, EPL, League Cup, World Club, international players going off for more matches, ect….

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Motivation and surprise factor compare to last year also makes it feel more obvious

Manmanutd 4 years ago Edited
4 702

R

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Liverpool's UCL progression is now highly unlikely with Allison being injured for the 2nd leg. I'll be surprised if they go through, Adrian is karius 2.0

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

They didn't rest a lot of player against Bournermouth, really worried about the game vs Atletico. For me, its going to be a very hard game for Liverpool, especially now that Alison is out.

Otherwise, I agree they had a really hard time to win recently and that those kind of results were coming.

• History

They didn't rest a lot of player against Bournermouth, really worried about the game vs Atletico. For me, its going to be a very hard game for Liverpool, especially now that Alison is out.

tiki_taka 4 years ago

That was a little exepcted, you just cant afford getting off form in march. That ruins a Season.

Footy_watch 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

/

• History

Probably Klopp's fault for not managing his selections wisely. He had the luxury of being able to rest players in league games. He shouldve focused on the fa cup and UCL

DarthFooty 4 years ago

Drops in form happen to every team. Good teams ride it better than others and of course, lady luck can only help so much.

Dare I say, Klopp now has a disappointing season in conclusion? To have so many title opportunities, and in one short time frame, you get booted from three big events.

Still, they will win the league for the first time is like 30 years, and they are auto-in for Champions League next season. I bet Klopp uses this season to reflect and do a better job next year.

Time will tell. :)

srk_rox 4 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

I don't know what to say...

From here we can never know what were the talks between the club owners and the manager about what the club's ambitions are.

When Klopp took position some 4 years ago, he said that the club asked him to play a 'recognizable' brand of football that year, then challenge for trophies the next year which he did so by reaching the Europa League finals, and then win some silverware the third year when he went on to win UCL. So, all in all, he ticked the boxes which the club owners gave him.

Having won the UCL trophy, what I can see would have happened is, the club owner would have certainly demanded an EPL trophy as a first priority even if it were to bow out of other competitions. This is so in line with the way he has started and prepared the team this season.

Finally, from the rivals and neutral's point of view, this Liverpool team might have looked like the elite teams of Barca, Real and Man Utd, all of those treble winning teams. This Liverpool team simply don't have the depth and talent to challenge all the trophies. Nor do we fans are demanding that. We know what our team was three years back. We know what these players are going through.

I somehow feel people should not look down upon Klopp for not aiming for all trophies. This might be something not heard of before. But, I don't want my team players to win all trophies at the cost of giving it all. They aren't machines.

Nor are they natural talents like MSN, BCC or Giggs-Beckham-Scholes. I just want my players to enjoy the football on the pitch as much as what we fans enjoy off the pitch. I am not having small ambitions, I am being realistic

DarthFooty 4 years ago

@srk_rox Great points! Sad part is, many people have unrealistic expectations and push their view to as many people as they can.

I love what Klopp has done and believe he will continue to challenge for more. Their aren't many teams who have won everything in a single.

Footy_watch 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

/

• History

Yh as long as you win the league or champions league or club world cup, its a successful season

tiki_taka 4 years ago Edited

I shortly disagree, Liverpool got the quality, the talent and the players to contend for thé treble. Specially thé stability of thé team and thé coach who got used to each others and to tactics...

I think blowing away a 7 pts lead last Season, made them keep pushing even with +10 pts margin. I think they didnt knew that thé opposition like City and the rest would be that inconsistent, if Klopp knew he would have handled the squad differently....

I fully agree on PL being more important for them than CL this season only because of their curse and History, but CL is CL and for me an inform Liverpool would have gone through this Atletico. Replacing Godin with Savic is not an upgrade. Atleti can't sit back confortably anymore and looked fragile in the air.

The GK battle also was key because Atleti never looked close to scoring before Adrian mistake. If an Atleti fan is arround relax it's fully deserved I'm not taking credit from Atleti achievement...

I appreciate the humility of reds fans, but the team was mature enough to be compared to teams listed over there...

*Fucking french keyboard

• History

I shortly disagree, Liverpool got the quality, the talent and the players to contend for thé treble. Specially thé stability of thé team and thé coach who got used to each others and to tactics...

I think blowing away a 7 pts lead last Season, made them keep pushing even with +10 pts margin. I think they didnt knew that thé opposition like City and the rest would be that inconsistent, if Klopp knew he would have handled the squad differently....

I fully agree on PL being more important for them than CL this season only because of their curse and History, but CL is CL and for me an inform Liverpool would have gone through this Atletico. Replacing Godin with Savic is not an upgrade. Atleti can't sit back confortably anymore and looked fragile in the air.

The GK battle also was key because Atleti never looked close to scoring before Adrian mistake. If an Atleti fan is arround relax it's fully deserved I'm not taking credit from Atleti achievement...

*Fucking french keyboard