Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool brought Firmino for 29 million pounds
CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Liverpool confirmed that they signed 23-year old striker from Hoffenheim, Roberto Firmino, for around 29 million pounds. Firmino will come on medical after Brazil ends Copa America journey. As some sources said, he signed contract worth 100 000 pounds a week.

Well, Firmino seems like an okay deal by Rodgers. He is great striker, capable of EPL. What do you think?

Comments
TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

^They can't both be right because the conversions would contradict. They have the Gotze to Bayern transfer down as 37 million Euros on the .co.uk and and 32.56 million Pounds on the .com site.

@KTBFFHSWE, the entire argument here is because we can't agree on the transfer fee for Firmino. I still don't understand why you decided to take all the players I put down on my original Budesliga top deals post, and compare them the way you did. And respond by saying, "Lastly, the numbers i mentioned are in pounds (£). Feel free to convert them to euros (€) and you'll see that they're all correct" when the conversions are just plain wrong. Regardless, paying 41 million Euros is way too expensive for someone "valued" at 25 million Euros, if you take both the ESPN value for the transfer fee (which I think is the correct one and what I will give the benefit of the doubt to) and the Transfermarkt "value". Regardless, RVP is "valued" at 25 million Euros. Good luck getting anyone to pay that fee. Another reason why "value" is a worthless number to look at and is meaningless in the grand scheme of things where clubs almost never meet the true valuation of a player.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@heavenduel Damn, you're right about that. They probably haven't updated his value at the US version of the site. So transfermarkt says £22m-£26m transfersum for Firmino. That's still quite far away from the €41m that he supposedly cost. If that number would have been true, then yes he would had cost more than Gotze, Martinez and Dzeko ( - Inflation (Important!)), but they aren't true, thus he's cheaper. And, I still haven't claimed anywhere that he would be as good as or better than those players.

The other players seem to be correct and match up in the numbers. And guess what? They all match with the ESPN assessment too.

I say, probably far from a new Suarez but still a good transfer to an alright price. We'll just have to wait and see.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Or they use an outdated conversion rate for euros to pounds.

Thought the other players matched up but maybe they don't. transfermarkt.co.uk to euros add up with ESPN numbers except for Firmino. I trust transfermarkt on this one because 41 million euros for him is way way way too much. £22m-£26m is still an over-price but within the margin of what's okay to pay more than the estimated value of the player. And remember, it's an estimated value. They all do it, Clubs, agents and scouts. It's useless to compare between players but obviously necessary to have when determining the price and/or whether the price is too high/low.