Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool as champions?
_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

If the season can not be resumed... do you think it would be fair to crown Liverpool as the new champions of EPL?

Comments...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

If the season can not be resumed... do you think it would be fair to crown Liverpool as the new champions of EPL?

Comments
quikzyyy 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

nope, cos there are too many teams fighting for UCL/EL spots and same for relegation, which wouldn't be fair at all these teams.

• History

nope, cos there are too many teams fighting for UCL/EL sports and same for relegation, which wouldn't be fair at all.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Personally, I like the concept of not relegating any team and only promoting 2 team to change the number of team to 22 instead of 20 in the top division.

amir_keal 4 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

No because a season is 38 games and it is not over until all 38 games have finished. Every team play another twice home and away, If the season can't be continued it should be void and not finished like it is. Villa are 19th with a game in hand, a win takes them to 16th, relegating them makes no sense.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I voted yes and here is why... Mathematically, Liverpool was about what 4 matches out, from being crowned champion already. Are we all saying that they won't win at least 4 to 5 more games the rest of the season and NOT win the title?

Give them the title, but don't regulate the bottom teams. In fact, I like the idea of bringing up two from the championship to fight with 22 teams. Maybe even freeze the places as is, so teams can file into cups accordingly. Is it fair, not 100% no, but to toss what they have already put in, would be worse in my opinion.

srk_rox 4 years ago Edited
Liverpool 5 542

Well, by all means, I can understand why would no Arsenal fan want to see Liverpool crowned PL champs.
They need atleast a single banter point to make fun of Liverpool fans. Who knows.. If i were an arsenal fan, I might be thinking the same.

Personally, I am okay with anything. I don't subscribe to the idea that a trophy has to say how good you are. The same goes with life as well. Here, in my country, students would do anything to get into the top public universities. They badly want them associated with the big college names.

Well, if a student believes that his college name gives him an identity, then he doesn't have an Identity at all. In reality, a student has to work hard for grades, gain knowledge and network as much as he can.
Similarly, Liverpool is this good because we fans have been seeing improvements since the time of Rodgers, and supporting our club even we never won silverware. Because, it is going to come one day or the other.

Our fans easily understand this surprisingly. Players might suffer the biggest disappointment. Hopefully, they recover from it. At the same time, I feel players will be like.. I have a good health, my family is happy and priveleged.. I make a good money with fb. Why would i be sad..

• History

Well, by all means, I can understand why would no Arsenal fan want to see Liverpool crowned PL champs.
They need atleast a single banter point to make fun of Liverpool fans. Who knows.. If i were an arsenal fan, I might be thinking the same.

Personally, I am okay with anything. I don't subscribe to the idea that a trophy has to say how good you are. The same goes with life as well. Here, in my country, students would do anything to get into the top public universities. They badly want them associated with the big college names.

Well, if a student believes that his college name gives him an identity, then he doesn't have an Identity at all.
Similarly, Liverpool is this good because we fans have been seeing improvements since the time of Rodgers, and supporting our club even we never won silverware. Because, it is going to come one day or the other.

Our fans easily understand this surprisingly. Players might suffer the biggest disappointment. Hopefully, they recover from it. At the same time, I feel players will be like.. I have a good health, my family is happy and priveleged.. I make a good money with fb. Why would i be sad..

Greatone 4 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Just cancel the season and give them the trophy at the same time. how hard is that? just put an asterix next to the win. EZ

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@srk_rox Wow, incredibly mature opinion on the matter. +1

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Maybe oddly enough because I'm a United fan, but I have no problem giving them the title as long as there's an asterisks next to it. Let's be real, Liverpool were going to win. But because of the unlikely event that they wouldn't, it's not right to say that they did.

The real questions about this season has less to do with the top of the table and more to do with the bottom.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Agree with SunFlash

The big problem is about relegation

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This season, Liverpool deserves it. 100%.

The odd that it changes (people brought up history etc..) is really really lowwwww. Almost irrelevant looking at the form and the differences.

Addition to SunFlash: yes, it's more about the bottom team and those that fight for CL's spots, Europa League.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Maybe even freeze the places as is, so teams can file into cups accordingly.

there are too many teams fighting for spots, why shouldn't Sheffield get into Champions League when they played one less match? and if we count one round less, why shouldn't United be in Champions League when they beat 2nd beast team? how are you going to finish play-off in Championship?

I can understand why would no Arsenal fan want to see Liverpool crowned PL champs.

this has nothing to do with being Arsenal fan, even if I wasn't following up premier league I'd say exactly the same thing. the thing is, it's not even about premier league, but the whole complex of other leagues which are addicted to it (UCL, EL) and leagues beneath it. do you also give Bayern, Barcelona and Juventus league titles? if you give the title to Liverpool, I'm totally okay with that, but then you have to give the title to every single team which is first in the table in all of the leagues, and while it may be no problem in EPL, other teams will be mad about this decision.

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

If Liverpools claims the title without any definitive evidence, then I don't think it's going be well received by everyone, including myslelf. This is technically a win by default, which is politically driven and dangerous.

I don't think Klopp nor the players would be satisfied with winning their first title in 30 years this way. If it's done, it's going to be a heck of a banter for us rivals to use later on, which they wouldn't want I suspect. Just to add to this point as well...

@DarthFooty

Mathematically, Liverpool was about what 4 matches out, from being crowned champion already. Are we all saying that they won't win at least 4 to 5 more games the rest of the season and NOT win the title?

Yes lol. I'm not trying to be a pessimistic here but we're talking about a title that is arguably world football's most prestigious award. Giving any first-placed club the title right now is primarily saying they deserved it even if they were 3 points above the second-placed team this season. It just doesn't feel right to me. They need to earn the title by the books, period.