Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Lets talk about West Ham
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

So, they have now lost 3-0 against Southampton, what is going on with them? They seem to have become the shadow of the team they once were last season.

Comments
JozeMourinho 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Because you were mentioning it with every chance mate and still I believe you should just apologize instead of saying '' so I was a little more of a jerk than normal.''

In fewer words I believe you kinda changed. Saying right things and gaining some rep in this community makes you act way more as a jerk.

To be honest I like it much more than your old self

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Because you were mentioning it with every chance mate and still I believe you should just apologize instead of saying '' so I was a little more of a jerk than normal.''

In fewer words I believe you kinda changed. Saying right things and gaining some rep in this community makes you act way more as a jerk.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@JozeMourinho You sure you didn't meant something that you liked it more when when he was his old self? Anyway, don't you think you just exagerating a tiny bit. I mean sure, Sun seem to be a bit more straightfoward than usual in recent time but he still is one of the best user on this forum. He clearly have to take care of a lot of stuff in real life which might get on his nerve but I'm sure as soon as those thing are resolved he will go straight back to how he was before, we just gotta be patient with him and try to help him enjoy his time as much as possible. If he get into argument, I'll try to reason with him at the best as I can, so don't worry about that, okay buddy? ;D

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I am just discussing it mate it did not offend me at all it just surprised me how Sun changed in few months in this community.
He is my personal favorite on this forum for a while so no need to worry we are just adults discussing :)

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@JozeMourinho Ok, sorry about that, maybe I'm the one overacting. :p

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Since this thread has somehow transformed into what kind of person I am, I'll lay it straight.

I'm not a great person. I've never not made that clear. I'm kind of an asshole, particularly online. The demeanor/humor I have in real life does not translate well to the online world.

I don't think I've ever hidden that fact.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash You said so already before, I remember you said that your charisma didn't translate well online. But seriously lad, you sell yourself too low, your a great guy. ;) Most of the time. ;P

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Sun My bad I just could not hold myself.

In other news West Ham are still shit...so is Chelsea xD

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Dynast is right, there was a missunderstanding here imo.
Salty banter, but guys you only bantered each other at the begining. Sun used "the expression" to describe his opinion on the actual situation, doesnt mean you are piss nor champagne. Not sure he would have used the same expression if there was active Ham fans, it looks trash if you take it literally but from what I understood is that he thinks that West Ham overestimated themselves, an opinion that I don't really share but imo it was the only thing I understood from the expression, he is not the author of the expression. The fact there is no Hammers here may lead people to share their point differently than an other team because there is no empathy.
For my part I don't think it's the case, they showed consistency last year specially against PL big guns beating all of them, they got one of the best players of last season and some good players who had the spirit to be solid in big games, they weren't overrated, they just lost their cohesion imo.
not having a bad form thats worse, players arent running for others, they conceded ridiculous goals, I think there is à problem in the dressing room, players doesn't look United anymore, Zaza is not a bad player but he won't resolve this, imo there is internal issues who push a solid team in recent past to concede this kind of goals.
The change of the stadium is not the reason, because they had same problems in away games.

Lodatz 8 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Robbie Fowler thinks that the stadium is a big part of why they're not playing well:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-hams-new-stadium-not-8910790

For example, he says:

The fact is, it was a tough decision to give up the Boleyn Ground and all the advantage that gave to the club and, so far, it looks like it’s backfired.

I played there many times, and when I think West Ham, I think of that Chicken Run, with the fans literally two feet away from you, giving me merciless stick and intimidating opponents often into submission.

One game, Stan ­Collymore scored for Liverpool and unwisely went over and celebrated in front of the home supporters... and got a couple of pints of beer – I hope it was beer! – all over him for his troubles.

That atmosphere, the seething mass of people, the tension in the air, sometimes it left visiting teams defeated before they arrived. You could feel the breath of the fans, they were that close. You could hear every word they shouted at you... and I got plenty shouted at me, even if it wasn't quite as personal as I used to get at Goodison.

Now, the fans seem miles away from the pitch and they seem to be disenchanted with the new experience. For a start, groups that used to stand together to create sections are scattered around and that’s caused a few problems at the new stadium. In any established ground, you know where the rowdy sections are going to be, where people are going to stand and chant and be lively. If you don’t fancy that, or if you don’t want to or can’t stand for much of the game, fine. You get a ticket elsewhere.

Now, though, the people who want to stand, or want to create a bit of an atmosphere, are all around – and it’s caused problems, with fights breaking out because of views being blocked.

I mean, he has a point. Look at some of the seating:
enter image description here
Yikes. Imagine your view of the game being distracted by a gaping chasm in front of you, instead of a bank of fans.

Anyhow, the Irons also have injury problems, and that added factor of teams having had a whole pre-season to get ready for playing them. Like Leicester, they took the league by surprise last year, and that factor continued through most of the season. I think it's quite possible we're seeing that such form is harder to maintain than one might expect.

Think of poor Roberto Martinez at Everton. When he first arrived from Wigan, he took the blues to their highest league position (5th) in a decade, and set a new club record for number of consecutive PL wins (7). He also became the first Everton manager since 1970 to beat United twice in the same season, but since it was against the United of Moyes, maybe that's not so amazing an achievemtn after all... ;)

Then it got harder in his second season, because suddenly no-one sees you as a surprise. They see you coming, and expect your tactics. The great teams can manage to push through that with quality, but many others fall by the wayside, unable to keep winning. Could be Bilic's turn.

• History

Robbie Fowler thinks that the stadium is a big part of why they're not playing well:

For example, he says:

The fact is, it was a tough decision to give up the Boleyn Ground and all the advantage that gave to the club and, so far, it looks like it’s backfired.

I played there many times, and when I think West Ham, I think of that Chicken Run, with the fans literally two feet away from you, giving me merciless stick and intimidating opponents often into submission.

One game, Stan ­Collymore scored for Liverpool and unwisely went over and celebrated in front of the home supporters... and got a couple of pints of beer – I hope it was beer! – all over him for his troubles.

That atmosphere, the seething mass of people, the tension in the air, sometimes it left visiting teams defeated before they arrived. You could feel the breath of the fans, they were that close. You could hear every word they shouted at you... and I got plenty shouted at me, even if it wasn't quite as personal as I used to get at Goodison.

Now, the fans seem miles away from the pitch and they seem to be disenchanted with the new experience. For a start, groups that used to stand together to create sections are scattered around and that’s caused a few problems at the new stadium. In any established ground, you know where the rowdy sections are going to be, where people are going to stand and chant and be lively. If you don’t fancy that, or if you don’t want to or can’t stand for much of the game, fine. You get a ticket elsewhere.

Now, though, the people who want to stand, or want to create a bit of an atmosphere, are all around – and it’s caused problems, with fights breaking out because of views being blocked.

For example, he says:

Yikes. Imagine your view of the game being distracted by a gaping chasm in front of you, instead of a bank of fans.

Anyhow, the Irons also have injury problems, and that added factor of teams having had a whole pre-season to get ready for playing them. Like Leicester, they took the league by surprise last year, and that factor continued through most of the season. I think it's quite possible we're seeing that such form is harder to maintain than one might think...

tiki_taka 8 years ago

But how you explain them failing miserably away ? I saw many teams struggling in their new stadiums because they lost their habbits, they make time to get a first success and put themselves underpressure... The Atmosphere may be different but lets face it, the old stadium is far from being the fiercest or the one who get teams scared compared to an Iduna park or Wembley...they got victories last year because they were playing as a team, they arent atm.
I think its deeper than this, big guns players cant be scared by a stadium or they wouldnt be considered as big players and Ham still defeated prestigious names of that league.
We are in the pro world not an amator team of a small village, Monaco win games in a empty stadium, we cant hide the ridiculous displays for a siple stadium change, it didnt helped maybe, but i have in mind two consecutive games where they conceded 4 against weak teams, i thought i was watching a game of my district.

Lodatz 8 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

the old stadium is far from being the fiercest or the one who get teams scared

I think you're wrong, and so does this article: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/boleyn-ground-farewell-to-english-footballs-most-113403351.html

West Ham's stadium wasn't just any old stadium; it was notorious up and down the country. No team wanted to go and play at the Boleyn, because of how intimidating it was. That intimidation is a large part of the club's identity, from their hooliganism to their racism and cheering on the Holocaust.

It's not the only factor, of course, which is why I already stated what else is going on. I'll just quote myself this time, rather than type out a second, unnecessary explanation:

Anyhow, the Irons also have injury problems, and that added factor of teams having had a whole pre-season to get ready for playing them. Like Leicester, they took the league by surprise last year, and that factor continued through most of the season. I think it's quite possible we're seeing that such form is harder to maintain than one might expect.

Think of poor Roberto Martinez at Everton. When he first arrived from Wigan, he took the blues to their highest league position (5th) in a decade, and set a new club record for number of consecutive PL wins (7). He also became the first Everton manager since 1970 to beat United twice in the same season, but since it was against the United of Moyes, maybe that's not so amazing an achievemtn after all... ;)

Then it got harder in his second season, because suddenly no-one sees you as a surprise. They see you coming, and expect your tactics. The great teams can manage to push through that with quality, but many others fall by the wayside, unable to keep winning. Could be Bilic's turn.

• History

Well, I'll just quote myself this time, rather than type out a second, unnecessary explanation::

West Ham's stadium wasn't just any old stadium; it was notorious up and down the country. No team wanted to go and play at the Boleyn, because of how intimidating it was. That intimidation is a large part of the club's identity, bolstered by racism and cheering on the Holocaust.

It's not the only factor, of course, which is why I already stated what else is going on. I'll just quote myself this time, rather than type out a second, unnecessary explanation::

West Ham's stadium wasn't just any old stadium; it was notorious up and down the country. No team wanted to go and play at the Boleyn, because of how intimidating it was. That intimidation is a large part of the club's identity, bolstered by racism and cheering on the Holocaust.

It's not the only factor, of course, which is why I already stated what else is going on. I'll just quote myself this time, rather than type out a second, unnecessary explanation:

West Ham's stadium wasn't just any old stadium; it was notorious up and down the country. No team wanted to go and play at the Boleyn, because of how intimidating it was. That intimidation is a large part of the club's identity, from their hooliganism to their racism and cheering on the Holocaust.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Odd vision for me i dont really subscribe, i let others participate...

JozeMourinho 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I will agree with Lodatz.

A strong stadium is a powerful weapon for any club. Olympiakos destroyed Lewa's BVB in Greece just because the Greeks made BVB players sh*t their pants from minute 1 to 90. Then went back to Dortmund and did not even got distracted by the overhyped yellow wall that all people so buttlick nowadays. Olympiakos also was robbed in that match so badly...

• History

I will agree with Lodatz.

A strong stadium is a powerful weapon for any club. Olympiakos destroyed Lewa's BVB in Greece just because the Greeks made BVB players sh*t their pants from minute 1 to 90. Then went back to Dortmund and did not even got distracted by the overhyped yellow wall that all people so buttlick nowadays.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@JozeMourinho Man, you remind me I would love it if you made a thread explaining a bit about the Greece league recent history, the results of their team in european competition and wich team and player have been the best in recent time. I know that could be long thread and that I could propably find the info on the web but I sure would love to hear your own opinion on the matter. :D

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Emobot7 It is not worth it. The matchfixing, the mafia team owners, everything is just disgusting nowadays. If any Greek team managed to advance in Europe it is because of their supporters and their atmosphere.

But if you want I will see to it :)

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@JozeMourinho Well, why not if its not too much of a bother to you. I sure would love to know more about at the very. To be sincere, I hadn't heard about matchfixing or mafia beforehand, so simply that is a interesting information. Anyway, a small thread would be nice at least. :D