Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Leroy Sane
TheLamb 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 2 549

Like most football enthusiasts, I too was disappointed to see Leroy Sane NOT join the club I support.. But good players are fun to watch, except when they preform against your team, which is only a few times a season at best... right?... anyways...

I was surprised to see him join MC because they have KDB, who is great and probably hasn't reached his peak. Do you think this is a good move for Sane, will he be able to play together with KDB or is he more of a backup for him?
Personally, I don't see them working well together on the field. Too similar.

Maybe I'm wrong and they will play fine together... but considering what happened to City when KDB was injured this season, it is a smart move by them... but how do you think it will affect these players?

Comments
_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

he's still developing. KDB is a starter. Sane has to progress and slowly get more game time. At schalke he did not start every game, same will happen at city. He's still a youngster.

NovaRuk 8 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

Sane chose MC because he wanted to work and play under Pep Guardiola

SunFlash 8 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

I can't see him playing above De Bruyne, who for large periods was City's best player last season. I would agree with Nova's comments regarding Pep, but I also do expect Sane to get some decent playtime, City has a torrid injury record.

I don't think it was a good move for Sane, there is too much proven competition at his position, and too little flexibility in the side (aka, where else he could fit in). I always prioritize gametime for younger players, I don't think Sane will get consistent amounts of it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I can't see him playing above De Bruyne, who for large periods was City's best player last season. I would agree with Nova's comments regarding Pep, but I also do expect Sane to get some decent playtime, City has a torrid injury record.

Spencer_T_96 8 years ago
Malaga, Spain 3 49

He could push sterling out....

Gunner_man 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 14 151

Mayb sane will replace silva since silva is ageing and had a poor last season...

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@spencer

Sterling plays on the opposite wing, and is not the no.1 choice there at the moment, it's Nasri or Nolito. Besides, as we've seen in the world game, flipping fullbacks and wingers to the other side of the pitch is not reliable.

TheLamb 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 2 549

I wish they would loan him because a player like Sane shouldn't be a substitute...