Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Leicester City to spend 180 millions!
fabryi 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 37 727

Newly-promoted Leicester City's owner wants a top-five finish in the Premier League within three years - and will spend the money needed to get there.

The Championship title winners have returned to the top flight after a decade-long absence.
Billionaire Thai chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha outlined the club's next steps to reporters in Bangkok.
He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off."
Srivaddhanaprabha added: "I am asking for three years, and we'll be there.
"We won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately.
"Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.
"The important thing is we're going with a belief that we can achieve," he said after showing off the Championship trophy to fans in the Thai capital.
"It's important we continue to improve everything about ourselves. So, we can challenge for the top five. But, of course, one step at the time."

Leicester have qualified for Europe three times, most recently as the 2000 League Cup winners. They went out of the 2000-01 Uefa Cup in the first round, losing 4-2 on aggregate to Red Star Belgrade of Serbia.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Newly-promoted Leicester City's owner wants a top-five finish in the Premier League within three years - and will spend the money needed to get there.

The Championship title winners have returned to the top flight after a decade-long absence.

Billionaire Thai chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha outlined the club's next steps to reporters in Bangkok.

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off."

"We won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately.

"Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.

"The important thing is we're going with a belief that we can achieve," he said after showing off the Championship trophy to fans in the Thai capital.

"It's important we continue to improve everything about ourselves. So, we can challenge for the top five. But, of course, one step at the time."

Leicester have qualified for Europe three times, most recently as the 2000 League Cup winners. They went out of the 2000-01 Uefa Cup in the first round, losing 4-2 on aggregate to Red Star Belgrade of Serbia.

Comments
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, considering that's just 6 points to lose at maximum, I think Chelsea would rather give title to Leicester than Arsenal/Spurs :)

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

yeah tbh i wouldn't mind losing that game :p

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Did they really spent 180m ? I dont think so, all their squad is made by cheap and wise signings...

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

THEY HAVE DONE IT

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy Yes they did! :D