Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Last Day of the Transfer Window
Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

Transfer Window is closing, here the major stuff happening:

• Joao Cancelo to Bayern on loan for the rest of the season, been out of form and has been unhappy with lack of game time so change of air might be good.
  • Ziyech was supposed to sign with PSG but apparently, Chelsea repeatedly send the wrong document to complete the deal so now it won't happen. Bizarre move from Chelsea and I cannot see how this will work out for them considering they propably need to sell.
  • Sabitzer to Manchester United on loan, good for all party, Sabitzer haven't really cemented his place in Bayern and Eriksen is out for a while so United getting a similar player for replacement.
  • Zaniolo move to Bournermouth apparently fell through, considering the player is highly out of favor for Roma, that must really suck for him.
  • Isco was supposed to join Union Berlin but this another deal that fell through. What a bizarre career Isco is having.
  • Jorginho to Arsenal because they can't get Caicedo. I'm sure the gunners fans are gonna be dissapointed but Jorginho can still do good stuff if used correctly.
  • Biggest move of the final transfer day, Enzo Fernandez to Chelsea for 121 million euros apparently. Honestly, no idea how they are getting away with their last two transfer windows regarding FFP. Also worth noting the pressure will be on Enzo to perform as he is now the most expensive signing by a PL club.
Comments
quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Chelsea signed 9 players, basically a whole team. Exciting times again for Chelsea fans

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy The whole Ziyech situation feel very scummy, for both the player and the club. Also, the fact Chelsea had no reason to make that move fail... Starting to wonder if it wasn't actually pure incompetence honestly.

@Footy_watch For sure, it interesting for them but most people who aren't Chelsea fan must be a bit conflicted about the whole thing, I mean, I am and I'm not even against Chelsea. Its annoying to see a club being 10th in the league just flexing their muscle around and attracting any players they want through sheer money.

There also the fact they annoyed both PSG by making the Ziyech move fail and Benfica by getting Enzo Fernandez at the last minute without letting them get a replacement.

If they don't get in trouble with the FFP, I certainly expect other club like Newcastle and Manchester City to try similar moves in the future.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Ziyech thing was a comedy. And I’m not hot on him. He can stay at Chelsea…

And imagine PSG or Man City splashimg the kind of money Chelsea have… people would go crazy hating.

Cancelos transfer took me completely off guard. And he’s been one of the most expensive defenders in fantasy league. I think they should have been more patient with him.

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

A lot of money for the EPL window and Spain is not having it. haha

Chelsea went crazy, and it will be interesting in how FFP views it. The rules in EPL are different than La Liga, so from certain points of view, it is not fair.

I'm scared of Newcastle with their lack of splashing cash, yet being up in the table. Once they open it up, who knows how they will look? Question is, do they really need to do it? Chemistry in a team is a big deal, no matter how good individuals are.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

And imagine PSG or Man City splashimg the kind of money Chelsea have… people would go crazy hating.

You clearly don't live in England if you think there aren't people who are hating on Chelsea for their crazy spending. I mean, im not living there either but it seem pretty obvious to me people who consider them rival must be pretty annoyed by what they just did.

A lot of money for the EPL window and Spain is not having it. haha

Haha, nothing funnier than seeing Tebas reaction on reddit soccer on different football topics.

Chelsea went crazy, and it will be interesting in how FFP views it. The rules in EPL are different than La Liga, so from certain points of view, it is not fair.

I've seen so many comment on reddit saying that the Super League already exist in the form of the PL and honestly, they are not completely wrong. I mean, when Bournermouth beat all other italian teams (even some big one) to Zaniolo signing, it show the disparity between the leagues.

I'm scared of Newcastle with their lack of splashing cash, yet being up in the table. Once they open it up, who knows how they will look? Question is, do they really need to do it? Chemistry in a team is a big deal, no matter how good individuals are.

Leicester showed us in the past that great team spirit can overcome some of the biggest teams. I do think that for success with that kind of team, you need a couple of thing going your way to win trophy, like having the right combination of element working together and having your rivals struggling. For me, Newcastle don't really got that sort of situation yet so they might need to reinforce themselve before seriously getting a shot at a trophy. Their best chance this season should be the league cup final against Manchester United, it will be quite an interesting match for them.