Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Lampard ranting
_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Lampard in a heated argument with Liverpool bench regarding a freekick during the game: ” One title and you’re f*****g giving it the big ’un”

Later he said:” Some of the bench, it's a fine line between when you are winning - and they've won the league, fair play to Liverpool Football Club - but also don't get too arrogant with it.”

Is Lampard right? Is Liverpool becoming too arrogant?

Comments
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

I really cannot tell if Liverpool are becoming too arrogant thought there is certainly sign of them becoming less focussed since knowing they already won it. However, I can tell you one thing, I love seeing Lampard being passionate about it, even if it mean getting into a heated argument.

I dunno, I getting the impression passionnate manager are just a great fit at Chelsea after seeing Mou and Conte there.

ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

They were extremely arrogant since 2005. That's why they have only 2-3 trophies in 2 decades

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Liverpool just won their first title in my lifetime. They should be prideful little bastards, they've earned that right.

Now until someone knocks them "off their perch" they can be as arrogant as they want.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

In my opinion, I don't think they are too arrogant, and that is because of their current manager. I don't see him letting his organization get too far in front of themselves, but that is not to say that he won't have individuals, in the heat of the moment talk out their A@#.

There will always be trash talk, and in a lot of ways, it is a healthy motivator, but you will also always have one or two who take it too far.

Klopp brings a ton of passion to his position, which carries over to the team. Most will run with that in a positive way, but someone somewhere will push it.

The fans, on the other hand, that is a different story, and that is for all the big teams. haha

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I'm not sure what to make of this. It depends on what Lampard meant by them being arrogant. Was it Liverpool's arrogancy from their denial over that blatant dive by Mane, or was it something else?

To me, that dive from Mane was as clear as day, and Lampard had every right to be pissed. Liverpool's bench were probably in cloud 9 over the fact that they've won their first title in 30 years, but irregardless of that success, I don't think they would've acted any different either way. You would want to defend your team all the way through, which the bench clearly did. Lampard's "one-title" remark seemed a bit over the line, I reckon.

netsten 4 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Mane has clearly dived for what I've seen on tv, so I understand Lampard frustration...
Considerind Klopp has nothing to win except a last win, and considering Chelsea give them the trophy when they kick City out...

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

considering Chelsea give them the trophy when they kick City out...

Damn, that a very good point, hadn't thought of that. Also, I hadn't seen that game so i didn't know about Mane. Seem to me Lampard has the right to be angry.